It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! 4D printing! You have to watch this....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This video is about new technology that is being innovate for 4d printing. This is amazing. I can't even explain it to you but you should really watch this video if your into tech.

TED
edit on 27-5-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Found some interesting info on 4d printing in another thread. Mods can delete if you want.
edit on 27-5-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Self assembly, self awareness.... Skynet is just around the corner!

All kidding aside, these 3D and 4D printing technologies will revolutionize the markets and our daily lives in the near future. I can't wait to see the incredible applications of these technologies!

S&F, Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

Yeah, self assembly, self awareness is crazy. This made me smile.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Reminds me of what T-1000 was like. (Terminator 2: Judgement day antagonist)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I really believe that this new technology will be the next revolution in human progression similar to the industrial revolution that change the course of human development.

This tech coupled with space exploration, gene alteration, nano and bio technology leaps.....just simply amazing. I was born about 200 years to early.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This concept aloe will revolutionize the whole human paradimethanksfor the heads up!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I agree.

It just seems really basic at this point, but doesnt it seem as if the technology is self aware on some level?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think its a foregone conclusion that we will have technology that is self-aware someday.

The only question is will we be responsible with how we implement it?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My dumb monkey brain isn't allowing me to see the true importance of this, but I do see this as revolutionary. A bit like seeing the birth of the computer in the 50s...you sort of see how it is going to be insanely big (if you got the vision), but your not able to truly see just where it will go.

Programmable matter sounds awesome...of course my mind immediately wants to go into virtual reality type systems (have a bed pop up from the carpet when your tired, have it meld back down into the floor when your awake, have your closet expand or contract, etc..), but I know I am just being a simple minded moron when considering its true future potential.

Still, awesome...this time we live in is seeing the birth of many awesome fields that will no doubt reshape tomorrow unlike anything we can imagine. I only wish I can live long enough to see such things mature..to the point of being almost taken for granted and expected.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

I think its a foregone conclusion that we will have technology that is self-aware someday.

The only question is will we be responsible with how we implement it?

This is amazing, and just down right scary. We already have technology that evolves and changes. Just look into Dragon, the program that you talk into a mic, and it types it all out for you, the more you use it, the more it "tailors" itself to you.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This "self assembly" could be used in association with needs like this...

Medical first: United States Doctors save boy by 3-D printing airway tube
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Instead of surgery to insert the "splint", wouldnt it have been so much easier to have inserted a folded device down the throat without cutting the baby open, and hold it in place long enough for it to be (somehow) triggered into the opened up shape needed.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Maybe they will create a technology that isnt just self aware, but also aware of whats around it and it will create itself to fit into the necessary position.

Just being creative with you.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This technology reminds me of fractals...a smaller version of something much bigger and more pervasive and subtle...

I guess it's like they say: nothing new under the sun.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Good point. It also reminds me of complex geometric patterns that everyone is always talking about with sacred geometry. I wonder if that has been brought into the creative spectrum for some of the artists involved in these projects.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I agree this is the next big revolution, but my paranoid mind can't help but wonder if all these breakthroughs are just dribs and drabs from the industrial military complex and/or reverse engineered alien technology.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Do I hear 'replicators'?
The next thing we need is a zpm...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I love watching science fiction become science fact. I can only fathom our world in a 100+ years .

There is hope for us people, we just have to see past the negativity and b.s to realize our true potential as a species.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Meh.

I think you have a crush on him er something.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ummm, Hello, one word!,

Transformers!

Not to mention, everything else we could possibly think of can benefit from these new manufacturing tech.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Could this thing be used to generate power? It is moving without external help.

new topics

top topics

join