It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Internet fortold in the gospels?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Im not personally one for prophecy... for the most part I don't believe it exists...

Yet its interesting to note something from the gospels that might jump out at you...

Matthew 24
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Kinda sounds like this time honestly... but one thing in particular jumps out at me here, which I highlighted...

His gospel will be preached in all the world....

Since the invention of the internet, our species has been able to communicate easily to our friends and family no matter where they are in the world...

And... There are only a few places on earth that do not have access to said technology...

And that is from 1997

Now im not saying the end is near... Im not one of those doom and gloom posters...

Though... its kinda interesting that its not only possible, but probable that the gospels are preached in all of the world...

As he said...

edit on 22-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

When I was young and attending church, they told us that it was radio and television that was predicted there....... Something in Revelation about an angel of god flying around the world, blowing a horn, they claimed that angel was the Christian Network Satellite.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This could also be said about television and radio. Satellite communications can reach everywhere on Earth something the internet has yet to do.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This could also be said about television and radio. Satellite communications can reach everywhere on Earth something the internet has yet to do.

True, but isn't there satellite internet?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Now im not saying the end is near...
If not, then why post this thread?
You must think that it is significant somehow.
"The End" was the end of the age, and that already happened.
We are already in the new age.
edit on 22-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sure but how many 3rd world denizens can afford a smart phone or a computer? Every town has a radio.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Akragon

Sure but how many 3rd world denizens can afford a smart phone or a computer? Every town has a radio.

Right... but all you get from the radio as far as the gospels are concerned are preachers...

that is not the same as reading the books for ones self... and usually a different end result

Words of man broadcast by Fanatical evangelists...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You can go further back than the gospels...

Daniel 12:4:

"But you, Daniel, keep these words secret, and seal the book until the end times. Many will travel everywhere, and knowledge will increase."

I think the concept of global media is present in the Bible in numerous locations. For example, in Revelation, when the two witnesses are killed and left in the streets of Jerusalem for three days, all the world is watching.

Revelation 11:

"7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth."

This too suggests global media - either television or internet.
...and that's just two examples.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Gospel...Google...sort of the same. YahWay.....Yahoo... They are related. Ok OP I believe you this time.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Gospel...Google...sort of the same. YahWay.....Yahoo... They are related. Ok OP I believe you this time.

LOL... that reminds me of the movie "Bruce Almighty"

When he logs onto his mail and it says Yehweh instead of yahoo!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Funny, i always thought that thing about stuff being done in secret..would .be shouted from the housetops....
was the internet

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
worth considering.. my thoughts exactly about the two witnesses (starred)

the thing that did it for me was the 'mark of the beast' prophecy..

we don't have much longer to wait to see how this all pans out.. the bible claims within the lifespan of a man when the jewish people have their homeland again the kingdom of God will be reestablished on the earth (..that was in 1947 wasn't it?)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Funny, i always thought that thing about stuff being done in secret..would .be shouted from the housetops....
was the internet

you mean this?

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Not sure what that has to do with anything honestly?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

For the gospel to be preached, it must be demonstrated. I do agree that this is the day and age that makes it possible. You can add the image of the beast with a voice to that list. Selfishness has a voice today more than ever and it's tax free on the internet.

Revelation 13

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-of mankind] That number is 666.

As I have pointed out before, mankind's number is 6 (6th element) Carbon. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. Technology and the Internet are our fruit of knowledge. We use Carbon as the fuel for our economy. Fossil fuel kills the breath of God. What is the breath? Nitrogen - 7 protons, 7 electrons and 7 neutrons. 777 is God's heptadic number of completion in the Bible. Christ in Greek Gematria is 888 (Oxygen). What kills the breath? Fluorocarbon. You get fluorocarbon when you mix the 9th element with the 6th. Fluoride is made from uranium refinement. Fluorine has 9 protons, 9 electrons and 9 neutrons. It is the mirror of man.

Satan twists our image to his own. Satan is the fire that will consume us in the end.

Genesis

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Next time, it is fire that consumes the Earth. Can we guess where the fire comes from? The inversion of nature.

Genesis 3

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

What is the fruit of the middle of the garden? Oil / Carbon. The center of our existence is Carbon and water. Water puts out fire. Baptism is our immersion so we can overcome the fire. If not, it burns the chaff away.

edit on 22-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
worth considering.. my thoughts exactly about the two witnesses (starred)

the thing that did it for me was the 'mark of the beast' prophecy..

we don't have much longer to wait to see how this all pans out.. the bible claims within the lifespan of a man when the jewish people have their homeland again the kingdom of God will be reestablished on the earth (..that was in 1947 wasn't it?)

Well again for the most part I don't believe in prophecy... but who knows right...

Personally I believe the mark of the beast has always been... the mark of the beast is the desires of the flesh...

Read some of Enochwasright's threads to get a better idea...

Edit: Speak of the devil... there he is!!

Ain't that a coincidence... check the time stamp!

10:25

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Its also kinda neat to consider that Jesus said the son of man would be coming in the clouds... which can be referenced in all three of the synoptic gospels...

And "The Cloud" is another nifty recent internet invention...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To me more so than the Gospel being spread is the Mark of the Beast money system . If there was a world currency to come about to save the world from currency failures , the one way to implement it with a timely manner would be to create a digital money that could be conducted on the World Wide Net .Also the cost of printing money , distribution and the missed opportunity of having complete control over the world population with a cashless society would further mitigate for Internet ( electronic ) money . Also such a system would compel everyone to subscribe to that system . Such control as exhibited in Revelations 13 verses 15 thru 17 could never have existed until now .
Think about it , if you made trouble for the Powers That Be , they would simply cut off your chip and forget about you . With out any other form of cash or remuneration you would have to steal your needs and would soon be apprehended and sent to the camps .
The Internet and Satellites seem to be here just in time .

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by stirling
was the internet

you mean this?

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Not sure what that has to do with anything honestly?

Nope. This one:

Luke 12:3
Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know what I also thought about recently? I believe somewhere in the bible, it states that everyone will see the second coming of Christ. I wondered, how the hell is that possible when we have people all over the world in different places... then I thought, we have cell phones now, and wireless internet. If it were to happen, ALL of us WOULD be able to see it via internet.... kinda creeped me out LOL

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread948998/pg1#pid16429895]post by Valentino Curl]

In another incident where the whole world sees the two slain " Witnesses of God in Jerusalem " laying in the streets for 3 and a half days the advent of Satellite seems to have arrived just in time to facilitate such an event .
Revelations 11 verse 7 thru 12
edit on 22-5-2013 by SimonPeter because: Forgot chapter and verse .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join