It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People's Annoying Avatars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I had this avi made to reflect the inverse proportionality of my, and every human heart, we are all both angels and demons acording to the situation.

Good luck in your search for the worst avi, IYHO, to grace ATS with its vile nature.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Won't get specific but I think I know the one the OP is talking about... small animated gif avatar with an animated background that kind of synchs up to the gif but is not sized right so it looks totally out of proportion and wrong.

Thing makes my brain melt every single time I see it. LOL

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Easier solution: Just hit escape on your keyboard before you start reading the page. It stalls all the moving avatars but leaves the image on the page. 

That might help you.

Cody

That's curious. It worked. I tried it and all I see are the user names and background colors. Not the avatar.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Ahh yes strobeing I forgot. Yes very annoying.And I am sure problematic for people with epilepsy.
edit on 22-5-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Won't get specific but I think I know the one the OP is talking about... small animated gif avatar with an animated background that kind of synchs up to the gif but is not sized right so it looks totally out of proportion and wrong.

Its no avatar in picticular. Just lately I have noticed a trend of these annoying avatars on here and as far as I know I believe it to be a violation.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

And to top it all off, remember that member (who i believe is a moderator!!!) who had an av from the walking dead? the avatar that suddenly took to having a cigarette hanging out of his mouth?
... Such bad taste... *guffaw guffaw guffaw*

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 22-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Oh dear... crap spelling mistake!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Here's a list of the avatars I keep in rotaion.

Let me know which ones you find annoying and...

Well, I'll still keep using them but, at least then, I'll know that you are annoyed by them.

edit on 5/22/13 by FortAnthem because: missed one

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I love cats but...I find about half of them to be distracting. Really It doesn't matter much to me I just skip posts with an avatar I find too distracting or annoying.
So it is up to you to find your audience. What you put up will affect your responses stars and or flags.I am making a point I am sure I am not alone. Distracting avatars are as if not more annoying than text walls.

There are people with distracting avatars that I did want to read there posts but was incapable of reading it because of the distraction. There have been other times that I had to enlarge the screen and move the avatar far to the left so that it is off the screen. I shouldn't have to do that, and there was one other time an avatar affected me so badly I had to stop reading the post because it was so hard on my eyes.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If I've been drinking excessively, sometimes my avatar moves or I see multiples of them.

Other than that it seems fine

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by enament

applying here to have my avatar evaluated.

So on the annoying scale...give me a number...

Yours is one of the best on here. I love it! I like the animated ones
They can be distracting, but it's okay, it's not annoying to me anyway.

I just realized my avatar is probably too bright for ATS. Everyone here has a really dark avatar. Why?
edit on 22-5-2013 by B1rd1nFL1ghT because: Spelling

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Nothing wrong with your avatar. Gee I wish I could show some examples of what I am talking about without implicating any one.
There is just one thing you should change the color of your nickname so that it could be read other than that perfectly fine

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I figured I would pop in and apply for the coveted 10 of 10. I know this avatar is a distraction, but my world view is almost as bent as Dr. Forrester. His benign villany has always been an inspiration to me.

Boba

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
If I've been drinking excessively, sometimes my avatar moves or I see multiples of them.

Other than that it seems fine

It is defiantly worse when I drink.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I think you're most likely talking about the Sheepslayer avatar.

The good folks at the avatar creations thread put a lot of work into putting that one together. I think he's gonna be using that one for a long time.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
I figured I would pop in and apply for the coveted 10 of 10. I know this avatar is a distraction, but my world view is almost as bent as Dr. Forrester. His benign villany has always been an inspiration to me.

Boba

Your avatar isn't annoying enough to prevent me reading your post. So you want a rating eh maybe 2 out of ten.

I am talking about the real annoying ones.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is an example of an annoying avatar. One similar made me stop reading because it hurt my eyes.

In the middle of the day not so bad ,an hour or two before bed and with a couple of beers not good.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Sorry but do you actually expect 100's of ATS members to go and change their animated avatars because YOU find them annoying?

Pretty selfish if you ask me:

You said:

So because of a few people I should hide everyone's avatar

because of ONE person (you) why should we all change our avatars?

I hope my avatar is the most annoying one you have seen, I actually hope it was mine that made you create this thread!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by darkbake
Is my avatar distracting? He is meant to be sexually ambiguous, you know. Look at that little bit of chest showing. And the hair. And the ridiculous pyramid necklace. Is he an agent of the Illuminati?
edit on 22-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Your avatar is supposed to be sexually ambiguous? Geez, with all that hair he reminds me of a male lion.

You mean super masculine?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Is my avatar distracting? He is meant to be sexually ambiguous, you know. Look at that little bit of chest showing. And the hair. And the ridiculous pyramid necklace. Is he an agent of the Illuminati?
edit on 22-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Your avatar is supposed to be sexually ambiguous? Geez, with all that hair he reminds me of a male lion.

You mean super masculine?

Yep.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Sorry but do you actually expect 100's of ATS members to go and change their animated avatars because YOU find them annoying?

Pretty selfish if you ask me:

You said:

So because of a few people I should hide everyone's avatar

because of ONE person (you) why should we all change our avatars?

I hope my avatar is the most annoying one you have seen, I actually hope it was mine that made you create this thread!

Listen did you do any reading at all??? I am truly sorry if you are offended yours isn't annoying enough not to read your post.
I physically can not help it. I have A.D.D. So medically as the same for someone with epilepsy I can not help it.
scroll up and tell me it is easy to read something next to that optical illusion.
I am talking about maybe 10% of moving avatars. and maybe 2% of non-moving avatars. Honestly some of them make my eyes bug out.It is very uncomfortable for me seriously. Like I said I like almost all of them just not when I have to read something. So try reading some, get the just of my opinion and stop taking me out of context and come back and comment so you don't sound so foolish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join