It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody have any news about our brethren that were in the path of the Tornado ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hi guys

I just wondered if any members have any news about our friends that were in the path of this horrific event ?

All debate and personal grudges aside, as much as I weep for those that died and their families. Do we have good news to share about our fellow members ?

I'm in the UK and my American geography is rubbish otherwise I'd u2u the members that may have been involved.

Please let us know if you have any information pertaining to our brethren

Cody

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Checking in from eastern Oklahoma here. Me and my family are A-Okay.

We had 3 smaller tornadoes spring up around us yesterday evening and were under several tornado warnings throughout that time. Throughout the night and up till now we have been having short periods of power outages. Some of our members may be ok, but may be without power due to high winds or lightening strikes.

I did want to know if anyone has heard anything from Glassbender. He is just to the east of my location, and I know that one of the tornadoes that dipped south of us went through Sallisaw and on into Ft. Smith.

We are at a break in the storms right now, but another severe line is going to be moving in shortly. Thanks for making this thread as I have also been wondering about the wellbeing of some of our members.

~OkieDokie

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't know about the general membership but staff members in the area are all OK

Here's hoping everyone of our members is safe and sound.

~Tenth

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

I must have missed a post from you

The last post of yours I read you were signing off to duck and cover

Welcome back I'm so relieved you got through it love and hugs to you and your family

Thanks for letting us know

Cody

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Don't know about the general membership but staff members in the area are all OK

Here's hoping everyone of our members is safe and sound.

~Tenth

Thanks for that ~Tenth
It's a relief to know

I'm not a religious guy but my family's church are praying for all the members of ATS and victims of this (I can't quite find the word) so tragedy.

At least we know okie dokie is OK

It's a good start

Cody

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
One member of our staff is still without power. Was only a 1/4 of a mile away. No damage to them though.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks Gazrok

It's good to know another member is safe

Cody

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you cody for caring and for your loving heart, my friend! I must admit, us folks here in NW Louisiana were somewhat spooked and jumpy relevant to the weather situation. We had tornado watches here as well as high winds, rain, lightning and some hail reports...a few downed trees but we were lucky compared to those poor folks in Moore, Oklahoma!

My heart goes out to them all...those poor kids at the schools and to any/all that suffered... were injured and/or killed. How horrible. Even photos of pets hurt and/or scared. When things like this happen, I wish I was just one big ole angel that could wrap my wings around all and keep everyone safe and well but that isn't the way of things.
I couldn't help crying, those poor kids and even adults, teachers, pets, first responders, Bless them all.

Some folks at other threads have been saying there should be more basements and such. From what I have discerned relevant to the geological structure in many of the "tornado alley" areas, the ground, rock, water tables and such make it difficult to build such. One man interviewed said that such a structure (cost estimate) would cost several times more than the actual structure he lived in. I hate to hear folks question the wisdom of the victims in these kinds of scenarios.

All over the country/world, there are areas in danger zones...either from tornadoes, or tsunamis or earthquakes and volcanoes...there really is no "safe" place when Mother Nature has a catastrophic scenario to put forth. I just hope and pray for the best for all everywhere. The world can be a dangerous place and tragedy can happen anywhere. To be safe, folks would have to move from Wyoming, Cali, Oklahoma and more...just not possible.

Cody, you are a good friend to all of us here and your concern for us all means a lot. I am so pleased to be able to call you "friend" as many here are also. Hugs, blessings and love to you and best wishes to you and your loving, caring heart. NW Louisiana folks are doin ok stormwise...so far, so good mostly. ^j^

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Checking in from Duncan, Oklahoma. Lots and lots of rain, thunder, lightning, winds, freaked-out kids, freaked-out cat and some pretty good-sized hail, but no major damage here. Lost our power for a few hours as well. We have also accounted for all of our family in Purcell and Pauls Valley, which was a relief. Now we are just focusing on donating and praying for all of those who were not so fortunate as our family.

I had no idea there were so many Okies hanging around here.

ETA: S and F for the thread, Cody

edit on 22-5-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: add stuff

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

*Stands up puts hands in pockets, tilts head forward, blushes and kicks a few pebbles around*

Thanks for letting us know, my American geography is rubbish but so far so good, as much as my heart bleeds for the loss of life if it was a member I think it would hit me a lot harder, you guys are like family to me.

And you are deffo going on my friends list in 3.............2.................1..............

Cody

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

We have also accounted for all of our family in Purcell and Pauls Valley, which was a relief. Now we are just focusing on donating and praying for all of those who were not so fortunate as our family.
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

That must be a huge relief for you I was really worried as I watched members saying OK it's getting near me now gonna log off.

Thanks for letting us know

Cody

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If that member who is without power needs anything....water, a night or two in air conditioning (it's really muggy and hot here), food, ice chests or whatever, please let him/her know. We are less than an hour from there and we would be happy to help anyone we can!

~Dustbowl and Family

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It was a HUGE relief in particular when my 86 year old great granny FINALLY returned my phone calls! Being elderly and not in the best health, I feared more for her than anyone else.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

It's strange isn't it ?

I don't know any member on ATS in the flesh,but I know some members better than some of my real life friends, an event that occurred half the world away had me concerned for their safety and genuinely worried for their families.

Gotta love ATS

When the SHTF all differences are shelved and nothing but support for each other is posted even between bitter ATS rivals.

I really is an extended family.

Cody

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Absolutely, Cody. When my son was hurt I was too overwrought to compose a thread asking for prayers. But I did send a message to another member, Chiefsmom, and she was kind enough to start a thread for me. I was amazed at the tremendous show of support from my ats family. And now, 7 months later, im still getting u2u's from members here asking about his progress.
I feel it is my turn to pray for those who prayed for us. And I sincerely mean it when I say we will be happy to drive up with supplies or pay a night at a hotel so they have shelter, running water, etc.

I've been in shock like the poor folks are now. Hell, for that matter, we will have an empty bedroom for the weekend that we would happily let someone stay in.

I wish I could give u more stars for the above post!
edit on 22-5-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: Stuff

ETA: I know of two more folks here in my neck of the woods who Ive not seen chime in here or in the other oklahoma threads: Lurker007 and Friar Tuck. Anyone know if these two members have been around? We did have a tornado on Monday afternoon that came within about 5 miles NE of Duncan. Lots of rural living out in that direction...
edit on 22-5-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: More stuff

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oh, and Cody, I'm pretty sure that Glassbender had checked back in earlier today. I think there was some damage, particularly at his place of employment, but he was okay.

new topics

top topics

join