It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and Atheists, prepare a bag to puke and a spoon to remove your eye balls before watching

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There is so many wrongs in this video that it is pointless to even enumerate them. Ill let you watch it for yourselves. Basically a bunch of brainwashed fundamentalist christian teens doing what they do best, talk #.

May God save us from human stupidity. May it be stupid Muslim Christian or Jew stupidity. There is no place for fundamentalism in our society.
edit on 21-5-2013 by ParovStelar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Whats to puke?
These kids are simply programmed with dhristianity.
Others are programmed with atheism....
Who cares?
Let people do what they want to do and stop bellyaching about freedom when its not your freedom being exercised.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I would say... hey let people belive whatever they want to believe, its their right BUT...

C-4 is just a bad name for any fundamentalist religious group...

Actually... I will create a group of people with only one purpose in life - to protect all the semitic texts and scriptures ever found from destruction at all costs - I will then call it SEMTEX.
edit on 21-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ParovStelar

I found your headline irresistible. I need to reflect on that.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So what is wrong with this video?
It is a video made by some Christian teens. I do believe in separation of church and state to a point, especially with so many different religions around, but I also believe in freedom of religion. Both can coexist. I will not condemn someone for their belief or lack of belief in god or spirituality. I can judge someone for their lack of honesty and twisting of the truth though. I can condemn someone for killing or hurting innocent people also. This is just a promotional video, far milder than I've heard in some sermons over the years.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It is a video made by some Christian teens. I do believe in separation of church and state to a point, especially with so many different religions around, but I also believe in freedom of religion. Both can coexist. I will not condemn someone for their belief or lack of belief in god or spirituality. I can judge someone for their lack of honesty and twisting of the truth though. I can condemn someone for killing or hurting innocent people also. This is just a promotional video, far milder than I've heard in some sermons over the years.

I am a christian and i assure you that teaching creation in schools is not freedom of religion. If you want to teach them cosmological evolution , im ok with that.

And is there even a Christian alive with a minimum of intelligence that believes in early earth creationism bull# anyways?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Whats to puke?
These kids are simply programmed with dhristianity.
Others are programmed with atheism....
Who cares?
Let people do what they want to do and stop bellyaching about freedom when its not your freedom being exercised.

This is my business, when a group plans on teaching my kids in school fairy tales about how God created the world in just a few days and that the earth is a couple of thousand years old.

May the Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on these fools for they do not know.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That's a scary video. Those kids don't even realize the elitist mindset they have taken on. The "If you're not with us, you're against us" mindset.They are being used and brainwashed by those behind this movement to further an agenda to control the minds of a younger generation.

All of the things they are whining about, are the very things their own bible says they will suffer.
2Timothy 3:12

12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

And yet, they're talking about a "war" to win everyone to Christ, and stop the "persecution" of Christians. That isn't quite what their bible teaches...
1Peter 2:20

20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:

They remind me of the "Youth league" in Orwell's 1984.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Whaaaat?
The whole damn society is based on the :convept of" if yewr not with us yer agin us: principal......
Sectarianism is the mind set of human beings....its a baseline extension of the idea of family i think......but it is a baseline none the less.

edit on 21-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Would the OP have a problem with names like
CIA ( Chirstian Indians if America ) say?
or the MDA (Muslim Dental Association) say?
or the TSA (Teen Sectarian Americans)? say
or the WMD (Womens Methodist Directorate)say?
or the KGB (Kind and Gentle Beings assoc.)
i know i cheated on that one but you get the gist (i hope)

Please, no offense to ANY of the above intended...........s

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParovStelar
And is there even a Christian alive with a minimum of intelligence that believes in early earth creationism anyways?

Of course there are, lots of them.

Though I don't personally subscribe to that thought, the problem that you have, with your "minimum of intelligence" is that Young Earth Creationism is impossible to disprove because it is predicated on an omnipotent God.

Trot out all the fossils you want, demonstrate the maths and physics that support cosmology and the Big Bang, but all they have to do is fall back on "that's the way God created it, 6000 years ago" (or whatever the number is,) and there is no argument against it (apart from just abjectly dismissing the existence of God, which is irrational and would do nothing to assail the position of the Y-E-Cs anyway.)

As I said, I don't agree with Y-E-C, but I see the foolishness in trying to argue against it, so I just let them be. But many of them take the position that they do out of faith, not out of stupidity, as you imply.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Separation of Church and State only means that the State can not force an individual to worship a particular religion. It means that religion and government can not collude, or that government can not force itself upon religious organizations. It has nothing to do with nativity scenes or the ten commandments at the court house... it has nothing to do with prayer in school or teaching creationism.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I agree. I also think that they should also accentuate the fact that the theory of evolution is just a theory. I personally feel that the theory of evolution is severely flawed, not adequately stressing that the basis of life on earth could have extraterrestrial origins. I believe that life here may have been created from space rocks and comets from life elsewhere in the universe. This is something that can make the present theory nothing but a hoax. I also believe that survival of the fittest is not always true, the state of an organisms immune system is what is most important.

Creationism was the best explanation of the time two thousand years ago. The explanation that god created life can be true though and can tie into evolution very well if people just look at things with an open mind and quit trying to take everything apart into little pieces. I believe in God and also in Jesus. I believe Jesus was a Messiah that was filled with the spirit of god though. Maybe that is a son of god, I do not know. I also read in the bible that god had other sons, so saying Jesus is the only begotten son of god sounds kind of iffy. I don't care for radical religion, I think religion should be based on peace and good will. I don't believe in turning the other cheek either, something early Christians were forced to do to survive in a world where Christianity was a young new religion.

So technically I suppose I am not really a Christian anymore since I do not believe the way the majority do. I guess I am a half breed Heathen that lives in the woods and believes that mother earth deserves respect also. I also have nothing against other religions except if they have twisted agendas. Pagans are usually decent people, I know a dozen or so of them. There are radicals in every religion though but they do not usually represent the majority of the members.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Separation of Church and State only means that the State can not force an individual to worship a particular religion. It means that religion and government can not collude, or that government can not force itself upon religious organizations. It has nothing to do with nativity scenes or the ten commandments at the court house... it has nothing to do with prayer in school or teaching creationism.

Yeah, they blew the separation of Church and State all out of whack. I don't like that. Pretty soon they will be saying that it is illegal to put up Christmas lights or decorations in your town. I don't know what craziness is evolving in this society.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Atheists aren't programmed, humans are born atheists. Though I agree with everything else you said.

These kids are really funny. Schools are here to impart knowledge, not mystical tales. You want to talk with "god", go to church.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Of course all of the "scientific evidence" in the universe was put there by God to test our faith ... facts that the Bible teaches are therefore indisputable.

I might add that by leaving the act of homosexuality out of the 10 Commandments clearly shows that it must be the worst sin of all.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just feel a bit for sorry for them really. I don't really like it when kids are given a script to read, for someone's religious campaign. Surely god would want kids to think for themselves?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by adjensen

Of course all of the "scientific evidence" in the universe was put there by God to test our faith ... facts that the Bible teaches are therefore indisputable.

That's their perspective, yes, and as I said, with the basis that they have, it is unassailable.

Philosophically, you can't prove that all reality wasn't created five minutes ago, existence out of nothing, and everything that you believe happened before five minutes ago is just an implanted memory. That's ridiculous, of course, but utterly impossible to disprove.

I might add that by leaving the act of homosexuality out of the 10 Commandments clearly shows that it must be the worst sin of all.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Catchy little thread title you got there

Woody

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Hey OP, this would be a good video series to add to your post too (there're several parts):

It shows that there're more similarities between Islam, Christianity and Judaism than often admitted. It has a sequence about fundamentalist christian camps too. Enjoy.

One doesn't have to wonder why there're Muslim extremists. Basically, they don't understand what's going on. They're extremely religious. The result is not a pretty thing.

Jimmy Carter framed fundamentalist religions this way:
1) Rigidity
2) Male domination
3) Exclusion

In hte video series, he states "And it's impossible for a fundamentalist to admit that he is ever wrong because he would be admitting that God was wrong."

Of course, Carter was/is a liberal christian. Those do exist.
edit on 21-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And there it is! Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Domionists

This IS a scary video, that starts out with a bunch of lies of why these children perceive they are being persecuted, ending with a DECLARATION OF WAR!
on secular society, the ideal end result being a theocratic state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join