It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a UFO video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Darn,I'm tired of seeing an out of focus,light in the sky pic or video.What if I floated some neat looking thing over a major city?How many people would even see it,much less post it to youtube.One thing that annoys me is seeing a headline that says "PROOF",then has some production company name to it,that tells me its fake from there! Really,whats it take to make a UFO?? a few trash bags filled with helium,a few mylar balloon's,tinfoil and balsa wood.We could all be billionaires! If some tween girl can make a fortune from bad singing,I'd do a lot better from an un altered video of a UFO!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blkcwbyhat
We could all be billionaires!

The market for UFO videos is very weak, so I doubt that anyone could make any real money from one, even a good one that could seamlessly show a flying saucer approach, land, and have aliens get out before they render the videographer unconscious (or whatever).

That's the whole point. Videos or stills by themselves are practically useless.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

We could all be billionaires!

The market for UFO videos is very weak, so I doubt that anyone could make any real money from one, even a good one that could seamlessly show a flying saucer approach, land, and have aliens get out before they render the videographer unconscious (or whatever).

That's the whole point. Videos or stills by themselves are practically useless.

I disagree, people do make money off their videos, thats why they put them up, in the hope they go viral

edit on 20-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
forgive me my ignorance,but how do you make money from a viral video? I can make the USS Enterprise land in my yard,how do I sell it? Remember the ufo boy? think of that,but without claiming it.If your johnny on the spot with a video,well,your a millionaire!
edit on 20-5-2013 by blkcwbyhat because: dumb

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

forgive me my ignorance,but how do you make money from a viral video? I can make the USS Enterprise land in my yard,how do I sell it?

So, you're admitting you would sell your soul to Satan for a bit of cash are you?

Creating fake videos of UFOs does not help in the study of them one bit, if anything it hinders. Besides, there's enough soul-less fake video peddlers existing already, don't make it worse please

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

forgive me my ignorance,but how do you make money from a viral video? I can make the USS Enterprise land in my yard,how do I sell it? Remember the ufo boy? think of that,but without claiming it.If your johnny on the spot with a video,well,your a millionaire!

For one, Google allows you to monetize off the ads placed on your youtube videos (The more views, the better chance of making any money.). Click throughs are much more valuable but, if your video gets views in the tens of thousands, you're not doing too shabby...you get views into the millions, you have incentive to upload more. This is why its a rather popular thing to do in countries like Russia or in South America. It beats sitting around not earning anything.
edit on 20-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If nothing else then I have at least a sigh of relief that all is not lost.

But if you now choose to put your videos on youtube and monetize them and they find their way here, then I will hunt you down and steal your adobes...

Don't do it man.. Don't...

Oo

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

........If some tween girl can make a fortune from bad singing,I'd do a lot better from an un altered video of a UFO!!

I don't think you could do better.
Try it. Prove me wrong.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw a video on youtube recently of a "UFO", it was a bunch of balloons covered in aluminum foil. The thing about UFOs is they are usually the following;

* misidentified star/airplane jet
* fake, cgi/balloon etc hoax
* government aircraft
* ball lightning
* actual paranormal event

I would say my opinion concerning the actual paranormal UFOs but it's sort of pointless.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes,I would sell my soul for a pile of cash,its human nature.I'm thinking more along the line of humbling the people that think any light in the sky is a martian.Remember the old bigfoot film,patterson if I recall.They claimed it was a fake on they're deathbeds.Yet it's still used as evidence to this day.As much time as Matt MONEYmaker has spent,you'd think he'd get something other than things going bump in the dark.If I filmed a UFO,albeit fake and unaltered,how could you dismiss it?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pyramidikal

I agree,and you forgot to add lens flare and birds to the list.It seems if there is a light or a blur in a pic,its instantly a UFO.Thats my point.I've seen a few things that I have no clue what they were.I can come up with a few explanations,but most are a "but why would they do that" type answers.I'm not thinking of making a "proof" video,just one that nobody can disprove,til I admit to it.Once I've made a few bucks,then I confess and laugh at the church that was formed to worship my fake ufo!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes,I would sell my soul for a pile of cash,its human nature.I'm thinking more along the line of humbling the people that think any light in the sky is a martian.Remember the old bigfoot film,patterson if I recall.They claimed it was a fake on they're deathbeds.Yet it's still used as evidence to this day.As much time as Matt MONEYmaker has spent,you'd think he'd get something other than things going bump in the dark.If I filmed a UFO,albeit fake and unaltered,how could you dismiss it?

Easily, with rational thought and a pinch of knowledge on CGI effects, most videos nowadays are fake and it's pathetic imo. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fakes are part of the official misinfo/disinfo campaign levelled at the UFO subject.

Seriously mate, don't do it, it's a sad way to make cash and to a certain degree, it's almost like taking advantage of people.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Like this, you mean.

Don't be a hoaxer. Do research instead. But there are legitimate proactive ways to seek better evidence, which I've explained numerous times on this board.

edit on 21-5-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

yup,thats my idea!! Nobody knew what it was,till dad said he made it..then the whole world watched it.more about the kid than the ufo..What if Dad let it go,without reporting the kid in it....Obviously it's not built to hold a person..But,its shiny in the sky,has to be a UFO!!! People are so gullable!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

this is exactly my point...had he just let it go,without claiming the kid was in it,some jerk would have posted it to youtube as a PROOF video.And it would have been one of the best!! I recall when it happened,all the TV stations had non stop coverage of it.The dad was exposed as a hoax,they had been on wife swap shows,all that.
That thing is a lame azz ufo anyway,looks more like a fallen souffle,or a mushy muffin.Very poor for a UFO.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

In order to make some real money off an UFO Video, it would have to be so good, Stations worldwide need to get it and are willing to pay.
Just another light in the sky would not make a dime.

A video that is good enough to let the cash flow, but is hoaxed, sounds not like it's gonna be some kind of a neverending fun thing. Probably if you're into lawsuits or something like that.

If by any chance genuine interest brought you here,then you are also well aware how bad and annoying the current situation already is.

If you have enough talent to create a video that would dupe the world, you could make much more money if you focus your efforts on a career in the Special Effects/Movie industry.
More money,less lying, probably much better karma.
edit on 22-5-2013 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

yes,it is genuine interest that brings me here.My issue is the people that look at a star,a lens flare,an airplane,and claim it as PROOF! Trust me,I've seen stuff I can't explain,or could,maybe,sorta...A video of a satellite or meteor is not a ufo.A glow in the dark RC plane is not a ufo.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I used to get frustrated at all the hoax videos until I came to the conclusion that it isn't the hoaxers fault as much as the mass of people who are so ready to accept anything that backs up their beliefs as factual evidence.

I personally believe the real problem is a severe lack of critical thinking in the ufo community. Until people interested in the subject start filtering what they accept as evidence, this defect will continue to be exploited.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join