It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome our robot overlords. Russia Developing ‘Terrorist-Killer Robots’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Russian experts are developing robots designed to minimize casualties in terrorist attacks and neutralize terrorists, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Friday.

Human Rights Watch has criticized fully autonomous weapons, known as "killer robots," which would be able to select and engage targets without human intervention and called for the preemptive prohibition on such weapons.

en.rian.ru...

Seems like we are not that far away from killer robots from science fiction. These robots will kill without any human input. I am not sure if I should be outraged or happy. I can see these being used again normal folks. They make your firearms completely useless. A sign of things to come?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yeah, not cool in my opinion. I was watching future weapons America is working on the same thing, plus a skynet type of computer that could wage a war in minutes rather than hours.

Dose anyone in government watch movies?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

Holy mechs!!!
If they looked like the ones in your image and were armed to the teeth,I certainly wouldn't like to take on a squad of them...Luckily,those in the pic are only from the robot fest youth festival.

I doubt what they are making to take out bad guys will be bipeds though-more likley they will be tracked robots,like some the US already use(but with full A.I.).

Like the TALON/SWORDS but with a brain...pretty damn scary IMO:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I read a story once about such robots fighting the war of Armageddon.....
When Jesus came down from heaven he took all the robots up to heaven with him.who fought in his name.....
just sayin

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
While it is pretty cool and quite an achievement to build these things, the phsycopathic mindset of those that will be implementing these robots in law enforcement and warfare is the main problem. These robots could be used for cleaning sewers or a million other things to help humanity, but when I look into the future.....

.....DARPA/skynet gets hacked.

Seriously, I agree with the above poster who stated the robots will be of the tracked variety, however I'm struggling to see a situation where they would be used as stated, unless.....

edit on 18-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
AArrgh,sorry,totally wrong thread,please disregard.

apologies.
edit on 18/5/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'd be more worried about the Robots who Don't look like robots, Humanoid and regular everyday Objects... Talk about hiding in plain sight, your household appliances may very well be deciding to Kill you or spy on you or maybe they'll just do what you say FOR NOW!.....

But if you think about it, SKYNET is the Internet, all is needed is a Soft that can control other soft and machine at sametime, basically a Human digital brain or better.

lol sad we know the Tech specs required for our own Destruction, but damned if we can do anything about 99% of us to be relieved of financial burdens.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

These are the latest ones shown in public. However, if kids are producing humaniods that look like we couldn't be really that far away from human looking ones.

We already have a lot of processing. MEMS and NEMS are moving really high rate. I am sure a few hundred million dollars could make a "human looking" robot. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the russians came up with something like that. They are extremely efficient workers and make products for a lot less than american products. All we would need
AI- Turing Simulator (I have worked on some of these in school)
High Powered computing
Software
MEMS systems
Bio-Electrical Systems - These are still a little far away but we can make fake skin that bleeds. Kind of like a terminator 1.

edit on 18-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: added more details

new topics

top topics

join