It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Publications from 2000

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

We'll that wasn't up for very long now was it

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Man, I go and cook dinner and miss out on all the cool stuff.
Thanks for your posts Zaph and Boomer.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by norb85

Oh, you probably would have had kittens if you had seen it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Oh I'm sure it was great.
With those manuals acquired you, did any of them happen to cover an aircraft that starts with an M and ends in 9 or maybe starts with S and ends with 7? Maybe something that flies out of our favorite "box" in Nevada?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by norb85

The SR, no. I'm about halfway through just seeing what I have so far (I have a long long way to go just identifying the aircraft I have pubs for), and I have found one that starts with an M and ends with a 1. It'll be a few days at best before I ID them all, and probably a couple of weeks to catalog everything.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Maybe Su? Something that someone with a red hat may tinker with?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by norb85

No, so far none of those. It appears, at least so far, that it's your pretty standard list of aircraft, with a few now retired thrown in (T-43/T-37B), being that these are a few years old. However, like I said, I'm like MAYBE halfway through.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Ha ha awesome! Enjoy your reading! And thank you again for your posts. And thanks Boomer for your posts.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by norb85

Oh, I'll be awhile to get to the actual reading. This is just identifying the types that I have, and looking for any "oh my god" types.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well hopefully with time, I can see a few oh those "oh my god" types as well. Happy hunting sir!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Some posts mention that you might be in possession of classified material. If so it will bear specific markings on the top and bottom of the pages. If you find any markings that say SECRET, SECRET NO FORN, TOP SECRET OR TOP SECRET with any kind of indication of a special clearance or departmental clearance then you've got really big problems. Look for any documents that indicate copy # of so many copies or any pages that show a chain of custody and signatures.

If any of the material has any marking like this then immediately call the FBI, the nearest air force base or the Department of the Air Force in Washington DC. Your possession of such material is a serious violation of the National Security Laws and you can be locked away incommunicado. My best,

LL

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

I haven't yet found anything that's actually classified. A lot of this is stuff that's not really released to the public, but at the same time, not actually classified.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

The more sensitive aircraft, sorry, those stay with me, and I will sit on them.

*smiling as i lift my head up to ask a question*
...then why make the statement, we can download any aircraft that is released to the public on wiki ...if by what you said is true, then it was released to you with instructions on what to show us or tell us, however, there are 2 things I'd/we would like to know...

the propulsion system(s) and maneuverability mechanics.. otherwise.. all this is just a show..

ETA: just noticed the post above this one.. thinking a minute .. and i'll get back to this ..

edit on 18-5-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by airforce47

I haven't yet found anything that's actually classified. A lot of this is stuff that's not really released to the public, but at the same time, not actually classified.

so are they dead files or just inactive and on hold list, or are the headers and footers 'X' out and now seem to be 'just laying around' .. ?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Good find. Sorry not related, but I know you guys are Aircraft enthusiasts.

You will be happy to know that the RAAF has just loaned six F111s to various aircraft museums around Australia...(thank goodness they havent been destroyed or worse...sold)

Here is my local volunteer run small museum, now with its very own F111....Man I love those planes (and the F4e)

www.saam.org.au...

Funny thing is, apparently there was a group of Chinese tourists, spent hours taking lots of pictures, drawings and measurements, of the F111 the other day...

I have no idea why?? Perhaps they like it too.....:0

Just kidding....they were Russian........

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

The one up at point cook?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Oh, they're not dead. Almost all the aircraft are still active in the inventory today. They're just older versions of their flight manuals. Most have been updated since this.

As for instructions, these just came to me, there were no instructions on what to do with them, it was entirely up to me what I chose to do with them. I may release some of the more interesting aircraft at a later date, but certainly not until after I've had a chance to go through them, and edit out anything that I feel might not be safe to release.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

No, there is one at the Port Adelaide Aviation museum now.

Official handover next week, with engine start day.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
F-117A, Zaph?

That was active in 2000

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Yes, and no.
Not until I have a chance to go very carefully through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join