It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media turning on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The media seems to be very Anti-Obama, and only digging deeper on his dirty laundry. Thank god.

Now I believe that they are doing this because he tapped the AP phone records. He kept the people happy, which kept reporters happy to cover his kids, dog, dogs breed, dogs life story, his trips to everywhere that he took all the time. Now that he went and screwed the pooch and rustled a hornets nest its his IRS scandals, Benghazi, all of the things Obama kept himself from talking about on purpose he now has to face up to. Its only getting worse...

Now when the time for impeachment comes (oh he earned it) will the other branches of GOVT that have had the seperation of powers breached have the power and backing to overthrow Obama and his DHS stormtroopers? Could we have Civil War II in America?

think about it, #s hitting the fan progressively faster every day. I think we have about 6-8 months until Obama is forced to play his hand. He will continue to shed blame where ever he can but his heap of dirty laundry is just to big to do all in 1 load.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by roshjoberts

I don't know, if Obama gets axed, Biden will be up. You want him and his gun totin' grannies shooting both barrels from their balconies?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Obama is NOT about to be ousted.
It will take a mass outcry from the public before anybody would do anything righteous.
Thats not about to happen

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roshjoberts
The media seems to be very Anti-Obama...

Wow, that is one quote I never thought I'd live to see!

Seriously, though, this administration has proven itself to be the most corrupt in American history and that's saying something considering some of the criminals we've had in office.

Obama makes Nixon, Clinton and Bush look like boy scouts.

edit on 2013/5/17 by Metallicus because: grammar

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I don't know, if Obama gets axed, Biden will be up. You want him and his gun totin' grannies shooting both barrels from their balconies?

Biden doesn't have the intelligence or charisma to do the damage Obama has done.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Will there be a media-wide pro-republican backlash as a result? Probably not.. What if we have our media turning on our government as a whole?

The optimist in me hopes this could be the beginning of the end of the two-party system.

The pessimist in me says they'll next support whoever throws the most money around anyway so who cares

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Man, I get sick of the purely political conspiracy stuff. It gets at none of the deep issues.

The deep issues effect millions, billions, and they effect YOU. Stuff like rights, genetically modified food and the future of tech, resource issues - all these things that are dictating the future, and they are HUGE.

The distortion is where things that don't personally effect millions - like Boston, Benghazi, this or that sex scandal get spun up and we are told we need to care about all of them more than our own little lives. These are small time things, they distract people from big issues, and give the sense that "Oh, it will all change if we get this or that guy into congress or the Whitehouse." Yet things never really do substantially change, do they? The whole thing serves as a reason to keep us sitting on our couches, waiting for the right guy to get to DC to change everything. But what could even the most perfect leader do to lead a nation of people with their asses glued to their couches? Nothing.

Resistance means all of us taking responsibility for our own lives, coming up with our own ideas, and living the way we want to live.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue

Man, I get sick of the purely political conspiracy stuff. It gets at none of the deep issues.

The deep issues effect millions, billions, and they effect YOU. Stuff like rights, genetically modified food and the future of tech, resource issues - all these things that are dictating the future, and they are HUGE.

The distortion is where things that don't personally effect millions - like Boston, Benghazi, this or that sex scandal get spun up and we are told we need to care about all of them more than our own little lives. These are small time things, they distract people from big issues, and give the sense that "Oh, it will all change if we get this or that guy into congress or the Whitehouse." Yet things never really do substantially change, do they? The whole thing serves as a reason to keep us sitting on our couches, waiting for the right guy to get to DC to change everything. But what could even the most perfect leader do to lead a nation of people with their asses glued to their couches? Nothing.

Resistance means all of us taking responsibility for our own lives, coming up with our own ideas, and living the way we want to live.

Maybe the media turning (and hopefully unhooking from the gov, I can hope(?)) will start
reporting on the core issues enough to wake up the general population. There sure is
enough cannon fodder out there right now to report on; including for the first time in a couple
of generations ONE big butt chewd dog of the media's very own in the fight.
I hope a lot with that nasty reality check the AP got wakes up the rank and file reporting
community enough to start internally weighing their take home pay against their kids' futures.
That's a pretty long cause and effect wish, stuck in one long last sentence.. but I can dream.
For longer than any of us alive can remember the two institutions have been scratching each
other's fronts-- making at the same time neither of them the public's friend.
Cross your fingers...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Given the recent past:

War on terror, Patriot Act
Invasion of Iraq and debt incurred
Bailout of big banks and introduction of to big to fail
DHS and growing police state
Growing laws to bypass parts of the Constitution

this seems like small change

Nothing but talk will happen. The news is what keeps the talk going in circles.

top topics

join