It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: 3,893 Extra Votes For Bush In Suburban Columbus, Ohio County (only 638 voted)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The first mainstream account of potential problems with computerized paperless voting systems in Ohio is breaking today with reports of President Bush receiving nearly 4,000 votes in a county where only 638 voters cast their ballots.

apnews.myway.com Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct. Bush actually received 365 votes in the precinct, Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, told The Columbus Dispatch. State and county election officials did not immediately respond to requests by The Associated Press for more details about the voting system and its vendor, and whether the error, if repeated elsewhere in Ohio, could have affected the outcome.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
So, should we wonder how many other counties may have this problem but are as yet undiscovered?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
So, should we wonder how many other counties may have this problem but are as yet undiscovered?

I've been keeping up with the fraud news on the internet and I've been reading that this has been a common problem. Many mistakes with eletronic voting machines. I will try and find the links for it.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I would think the answer would be...yes, we should.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do note that Bush still beat Kerry in this county 3 to 2.

Computer glitches are just that.

They happen. Now, if every glitch nenefits Bush, that would be very suspicious.

maybe its best to let sleeping dogs lie.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's a website that has tons of info and links to Voting problems in the 2004 ELECTION:

www.votersunite.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

www.theunionleader.com In a posting on Salon.com, Mark Crispin Miller, the media critic and professor of communications at New York University, wrote, "First of all, this election was definitely rigged. It's a statistical impossibility that Bush got 8 million more votes than he got last time." This year's most likely culprit of the larceny, according to critics: electronic voting machines. In a campaign year rife with conspiracies, it's no surprise that post-election theories have started popping up, experts say. After all, who didn't gossip about Bush's peculiar jacket bulge during the first debate? Or speculated about an "October surprise," an 11th-hour event - such as the sudden capture of Osama bin Laden - orchestrated to sway the race?

It's time people. We need to know what happened.

link   

Computer Loses More Than 4,000 Early Votes
Jacksonville, N.C. -- More than 4,500 Carteret County votes have been lost because officials believed a computer that stored ballots electronically could hold more data than it did.

Scattered other problems may change results in local races around the state.

Carteret officials said UniLect Corp., the maker of the county's electronic voting system, said each storage unit could handle 10,500 votes, but the limit was actually 3,005 votes.

When they tried to store more than 7,500 early votes in the unit, some 4,530 were lost.

Jack Gerbel, president and owner of Dublin-Calif.-based UniLect, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the county's elections board was given incorrect information.

There is no way to retrieve the missing data, he said.

"That is the situation and it's definitely terrible," he said.

link   
You know, I thought all this talk about cheating was just paranoid wishfulness, but perhaps there is something to it after all. Guess that we will have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Do note that Bush still beat Kerry in this county 3 to 2.
Computer glitches are just that.
They happen. Now, if every glitch nenefits Bush, that would be very suspicious.
maybe its best to let sleeping dogs lie.

While I agree that the margin still favors Bush - it does raise some interesting and troubing questions. We are not talking about a little glitch we are talking about thousands of votes - that is a big glitch in my opinion. If there is a glitch that can allow for this to happen all counties need to be verified.

When can we expect local and state elections officials to actually comment on this?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone Now, if every glitch nenefits Bush, that would be very suspicious. maybe its best to let sleeping dogs lie.
We'd never know unless we kicked this sleeping dog very, very hard. How many other low-population counties turned in thousands of errant votes for Bush, throwing off the entire state's total? Why, we only need 38 such events to turn the vote total in the other direction.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Maryland e-voting controversy continues in presidential race
A voter advocacy group monitoring the use of electronic voting machines in Maryland reports a number of software glitches occurred during yesterday�s presidential election, but state election officials said the allegations were baseless.

The software running on the touch-screen machines used across the state failed to record some votes correctly, jumped to other pages on the ballot without being prompted by the voter and inadvertently omitted some political races, according to TrueVoteMD, a nonpartisan citizens� group focused on protecting voting integrity.

�We have received hundreds of calls from across the state,� said Bob Ferraro, the group�s co-director, said Tuesday afternoon.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, we better start looking at all the counties that Kerry won, to make sure he didn't get any votes that Bush was supposed to, or does it not work both ways???

Plus, I find it funny that Ohio is the vicitim this year for vote fraud jsutas Florida was last year, meaning it was the last decisive state.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

"It's a statistical impossibility that Bush got 8 million more votes than he got last time."

Though I'm all for any investigations into the voting machines and results and any actions that would be deemed appropriate based on those investigations, that statement up there is just downright ludicrous....and nothing of foundational evidence provided.

I mean let's stick with facts on this and not some doink's opinion that the outcome was statistically impossible just because he's absolutely dumbfounded by the outcome.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71 or does it not work both ways???
Of course it works both ways. If we enounter massive error, and a widespread scale, there would be a new brand of hell-to-pay for certain companies.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I mean let's stick with facts on this and not some doink's opinion that the outcome was statistically impossible just because he's absolutely dumbfounded by the outcome.

I agree. If he didn't provide any evidence as to why this is the case then it should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Very Interesting.

512,419 votes were counted in the county during this presidential election and has 706,668 registered voters. Meaning 72.5% voted. I don't know if I believe that number or not that is awfully high. I think there may be more machine glitches throughout the county.

www.co.franklin.oh.us...

Something that is interesting to note is that Kerry actually carried Franklin County.

www.cnn.com...

Most importantly, is that the vast majority of Ohio Counties use butterfly ballots so the chances that machine errors throughout the state will sway the election is quite slim.

quickfacts.census.gov...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
errors have occurred in every election.

Its just we seem to be having such close elections lately that they may have bearing.

Heck....the first tallies of 27 total votes in Dixville Gulch had to be counted 3 frickin times due to inaccurate counts.

I would imagine the errors go both ways, but kick the dog, if there is one.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Five counties in OH used the electronic system.

www.electionline.org...:votingsystem typemain#

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I said this before and I'll say this again, we are all gonna be very shock when the freedom of information request for ALL of the US's voting records(done be Blackboxvoting.org) turns up massive irregularities all over(due to buggy E-Voting Software). Whether it be irregulatities that benefit Bush or Kerry this election needs to be validated either way.(just so we all can have peace of mind)

[edit on 5-11-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was just trying to state that if Kerry had won, every dem out there would have bought stock in Diebold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join