It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA: IRS 'harassment' not new

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
What is kind of interesting is that the whole 501(c) status is premised on these groups purportedly being "non-political"...So by these groups crying foul that they were targeted for thier politics...aren't they admitting wrongdoing? admitting that they aren't a "social cause" group but rather a "partisan political" org?

It all depends. What is their 501(c) status?

PETA is a 501(c)(3) corporation. Their activities cannot be for political purposes in which they surely have done so and even tout it on their website. Even that said, the IRS goes into a "it depends" mode which muddles the waters as to what is and what is not acceptable.

The problem points to private organizations having to ask the Government if they can engage in their natural Right to political free speech. It is all predicated on a bloated tax-code.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Indigo5

Confused on what you are confused about?

The fact that you defend the Democratic party no matter what! The fact that even though the current Potus has been in office for more than four years that you and others still blame Bush!

Well...You are incorrect. There is a gap between your perception of me and the reality. I challenge BS...and while the Dems are an ugly bunch and have measures of corruption and dishonesty...It is like comparing an ugly woman who is standing beside Jabba the Hut (GOP). It is hard to find the bandwidth to call foul on the Dems for thier BS when the GOP is constantly leaping from one wacked out lie to the next. See..the Dems might dishonestly spin the cost of Obamacare to make it appear less...and the GOP respond by claiming the President is a secret Muslim born in Kenya hell bent on destroying america. So apologies if it appears I am strictly partisan or a champion of the Dems...I am not, when the GOP cease to serve up regular mountains of BS, I will have more time to call foul on the other party.

Take your previous post where you said "First they came for............." and think about it! Is it NOT clear to you that no matter which party rules that they all seem to have one common denominator???

Both parties share blame...no doubt..but the GOP owns the large majority of it. I don't see that as idealogical or partisan, but rather objective truth.

They create more laws, pander to MORE lobbyists, and by the way???? What country has the most people in prison per capita??????

Agreed...but that doesn't mean America sucks?

Someone just made a post on this earlier today I think....................look it up and then tell me we are free.......

Free is a big word...we are more "free" than in the past and more "free" than most countries.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Both parties share blame...no doubt..but the GOP owns the large majority of it. I don't see that as idealogical or partisan, but rather objective truth.

That is a hefty claim. Care to highlight the objective truth? Or do you mean your objective truth; which would be inherently subjective by the way.

I understand what you are saying, but claiming there is objective truths (which would be something to the fact that the Earth orbits the star we call Sol) in politics is a big leap. There are only two: death and taxes. All else is subjective to the party of power or the person in power, et al, etc, etc.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Agreed on the "Objective Truth" bit.... "rational truth" would have been a more accurate term.

When life long Conservatives that have spent thier careers serving Republican administrations and championing conservative causes and working for conservative think tanks feel compelled to write articles like this it might be time for reflection.

Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem.
articles.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

What is kind of interesting is that the whole 501(c) status is premised on these groups purportedly being "non-political"...So by these groups crying foul that they were targeted for thier politics...aren't they admitting wrongdoing? admitting that they aren't a "social cause" group but rather a "partisan political" org?

It all depends. What is their 501(c) status?

I think as long as we are going to crawl up the IRS's butt on this, and for good reason, maybe we should take the opportunity to reform/clarify the whole 501(c) designation, but I am likely asking to much...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
At what point does 'giving' money AT GUNPOINT to a corrupt government become a matter of self preservation?

At what point does refusing to 'give' money to a corrupt government become a matter of self preservation?

It has become so obvious to anyone paying attention that our government lies to us constantly, is willing to kill us without so much as an indictment or trial as terrorists, and that the real government is the global corporate masters... so when do we revolt as a global population against these obvious criminals? The IRS is only one arm of their enforcement brigade. They also have a military supplied with weapons paid for by us. The IRS is just the beginning of the harassment. Resist that and they'll drag you off never to be seen again.

What the employees of the IRS and the military need to be told is, you're either WITH the government, or you're WITH the people. We might not have the force on our side, but we certainly have the population.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I think as long as we are going to crawl up the IRS's butt on this, and for good reason, maybe we should take the opportunity to reform/clarify the whole 501(c) designation, but I am likely asking to much...

Go further. Scrap the current tax-code and system we have. It is too vast, too corrupt and too unmanageable to even be anything other than a vessel of which major conglomerates and politicians can manipulate and navigate within. Everyone else just resides in the wakes.

Has anyone ever stopped to ask this simple question: If the First Amendment bars the Federal Government from making no law against the free exercise of religion -- or, if we prefer, to freely associate -- then why are these groups asking that very Government if they can do so? That is the problem with the tax code and the problem with giving it credence by asking for such permission.

I don't care if the local PETA chapter wants to rally behind some candidate nor do I care if a local church stumps for their candidate of choice. Scrap the tax code that gives favors to those who abide by the Government's whim so that people can once again freely choose their association and their level of participation within that Government.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join