It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Casualty Incident declared in Texas tornado

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by goou111

Didn't Texas secede from the union? Hope they don't ask for federal help.

aww look at you cute and snarky......nice to see you have some empathy for the lives lost and otherwise left in shambles

..dont worry our economy here in Texas is booming.....we can take care of our own.......

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Update: National Weather Service now says 13 tornadoes touched down in North Texas Wednesday night

thescoopblog.dallasnews.com... tml/

Powerful N. Texas twister that killed at least 6 classified as EF4 with 200mph winds

abclocal.go.com.../state&id=9104457

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Wednesday's Tornado Count Climbs to 15 Twisters

www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

I have family on the ground in the area who weren't affected by the storm other than a mailbox being blown over. She said that emergency responses were prompt and everyone's checking up on folks in the area -- you know how we Texans are when there's an emergency. The amount of damage and devastation in these areas is far less than what was done by the explosion of the fertilizer plant in West, Texas.

I don't mean to sound callous or blase, but as a fellow Texas, you're probably aware that storm damage from hail, windshear, and tornadoes is a constant event every spring in Texas and the rest of Tornado Alley. You may have forgotten the multiple tornado incident here in Dallas last year, and you might have forgotten the numerous times over the past decades that we got baseball sized hail in some areas.

It's just Life In Texas, as all of us Texans know.

I'm sure the local fire department would appreciate a donation if you cared to send one.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

Yes, I'm not originally from Texas. I do reside in Texas now though, and it amazes me to watch all of our neighbors in our apartment complex wander out into the middle of the complex to point and look at these beastly storms passing right over our heads! I am a little weary of severe thunderstorms, hate the thought of being in a tornado.

Around here when a tornado warning is issued everyone goes about their daily business like its clear and mid 80's. I, on the other hand, freak out and hunker down in the dang closet! Gimme a few more years, Texas. I'll get used to 'em.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by goou111

Mass casualty?

There were only 6 confirmed deaths..

Yeah, twice as many as the Boston Bombing incident. Just saying.

Hundreds of people have been injured and their homes are destroyed. The survivors will struggle for months trying to put their lives back together. This was a very big deal in our state. Please have some respect.

Its not a matter of respect. I live in Texas. It's taking a term and watering it down to show more than what it really was.

So what about all of the other "casualties" in OK tornadoes? or twisters in any other state for that matter?

When you say casualty, the first thing that comes to mind is DEATH. ..otherwise, they're just victims. So why use a watered down term to get more attention? That's my point. Deal with it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

...a casualty does not mean a death. All injuries and deaths are counted as casualties. So, yes, it is a mass casualty event.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

No it's not. You should know what you are talking about before you waste your time making unempathetic comments. Read my above post.
www.thefreedictionary.com...
edit on 17-5-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

I have family on the ground in the area who weren't affected by the storm other than a mailbox being blown over. She said that emergency responses were prompt and everyone's checking up on folks in the area -- you know how we Texans are when there's an emergency. The amount of damage and devastation in these areas is far less than what was done by the explosion of the fertilizer plant in West, Texas.

I don't mean to sound callous or blase, but as a fellow Texas, you're probably aware that storm damage from hail, windshear, and tornadoes is a constant event every spring in Texas and the rest of Tornado Alley. You may have forgotten the multiple tornado incident here in Dallas last year, and you might have forgotten the numerous times over the past decades that we got baseball sized hail in some areas.

It's just Life In Texas, as all of us Texans know.

I'm sure the local fire department would appreciate a donation if you cared to send one.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

Yeah you're right, happens every year. I would have volunteered to help in West but I was in Washington at the time. I remember the last mile-wide tornado here was in Jarrell about this time in '97. F-5 mile-wide destroyed the whole town. It's the price you pay to live in a dangerous area but still, just because we're used to it doesn't mean we should turn our backs on our neighbors. Not that I'm implying you said that, however.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I see that you posted this at nine-something my time. MOST interesting, since I was online with my sister in Texas at ten, and during the news, which we were both watching. She didn't mention this at all, as though her news didn't cover it. Very odd, yes? Talk about the tornado in Oklahoma, and about predictions for summer weather, but they skipped this?? What the heck?

That is some seriously insane hail! What is going on with the weather? I keep picturing a person with some crazy weather machine, like in the Sims.

Disregard that first - just noticed the date was earlier than I thought. Still, what the heck is up with the weather????
edit on 21-5-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: date confusion

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Something is NOT RIGHT on our planet. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind. My theories are: a) Earth is going through some type of change. b) tptb are messing with the weather and beginning the culling process. c) God's judgement is upon us.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I can't recall how many tornado warnings that I've heard in my life.. Here is a link about the first one I remember. en.wikipedia.org... ... It was dark and raining gravel that afternoon as I walked home from school... There were over 50 tornadoes reported that day.. There were probably more for real but technology wasn't available that was as capable of detecting them as today. Don't worry, it's pretty normal to have violent spring storms down here.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Something is NOT RIGHT on our planet. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind. My theories are: a) Earth is going through some type of change. b) tptb are messing with the weather and beginning the culling process. c) God's judgement is upon us.

You forgot one.

d) we gathered too little information on weather patterns in the last couple of million years and are barely able to understand the basics of a chaotic pattern.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

I would say b) and c) are very probable. I don't think it's an accident that certain ones are called "powers of the air". Some ability to mess with weather seems logical.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join