It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Casualty Incident declared in Texas tornado

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It smashed into a new radio station, K-Love's station. Its a Christian rock radio channel.

A few people have died from this, unfortunately...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
wow look at the size of that! that is crazy. hope everything turns out ok

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Damn that is a massive twister. One of those do not come around often. They will cause massive lose of life for sure. I think the after support should very closely watch to see of the government is able to handle it. It they cannot, them the people will have to fill the gab is they have it in them to do so.

It is very sad that someone powerful snd unnerving would go against the well of the people/

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
this is realy sad

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Natecoates

I think you should say more than just that.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Damage Update: deCordova area (Hood County) - Triage has been set up for the injured. Fatalities are being reported

Good thing they had a drill recently ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Probably explains why I saw this in Belton this morning.

Link to bigger size

I've never seen a SWAT team here before, and they were dressed out and ready for action. I wonder what the APC is for in regards to helping people who have had their lives devastated by those tornados?

Looters perhaps?

I'm not saying that's what the SWAT team is for, but I mean the timing is pretty good, and they're about 2 hours south of DFW with direct access to I-35 so I kinda just put 2 and 2 together. Not sure if it came out to 4 though.

Is anyone able to confirm SOP to deploy SWAT teams to disaster areas?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

They deploy everyone they can when an area is hit hard. Search and Rescue is the first priority, followed by security. When we went through the tornadoes in Alabama a couple years ago we had police from states all around us in the area helping rescue people, and to provide security for curfew hours until power was back on and the curfew was lifted.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Dang. Just looked at some of the pics.

I wonder if there's anything I can do to help them out. I wouldn't mind going up there to help clean up, but don't know who to report to, or if I even should. Otherwise I'm in.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Crazy storm. I haven't seen this kind of a tornado in a long time.

The fact that people thought the tornado season was calm and wouldn't produce many tornadoes might've made the situation even more dangerous.

The tornado looks huge.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

I have family on the ground in the area who weren't affected by the storm other than a mailbox being blown over. She said that emergency responses were prompt and everyone's checking up on folks in the area -- you know how we Texans are when there's an emergency. The amount of damage and devastation in these areas is far less than what was done by the explosion of the fertilizer plant in West, Texas.

I don't mean to sound callous or blase, but as a fellow Texas, you're probably aware that storm damage from hail, windshear, and tornadoes is a constant event every spring in Texas and the rest of Tornado Alley. You may have forgotten the multiple tornado incident here in Dallas last year, and you might have forgotten the numerous times over the past decades that we got baseball sized hail in some areas.

It's just Life In Texas, as all of us Texans know.

I'm sure the local fire department would appreciate a donation if you cared to send one.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Glad to read that your family's safe! Hopefully they didn't get any damage to their house.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

yeah i just moved from Granbury about 2 months ago, I gotta go there in the morning to help some friends out, if i can get some pictures I will and post them on here for you guys.....

People laugh at our Texas pride, but were a hearty bunch of folk.......we take care of our own for sure.....

Last year was crazy around here, I remember standing on my poarch in granbury on the lake, and wondering why this particular area gets so much of the Tornados hitting, I dunno if its the lake or the lay of the land or what.....

but we had 3 last year if i can remember correctly, luckly nothing but fields were hit...
edit on 16-5-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Can't believe it left the clothes on the hangers in the closet!
I was driving even further west than I live, yesterday morning... Saw some big (massive) build-ups... They all went by without a peep. If they would just have dropped a few inches, here... ... Well, anyway.
Sad to see what happened there.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That's what it was like in Alabama a few years ago. One shelter was doing something like 8000+ meals a day, and it was all done by some people that called a local firehouse and asked what they could do to help out before the storms were even over. They went from doing surgery on the floor, to people living there, and crews coming for meals. The Red Cross and FEMA did a ton, but the biggest help for Alabama was from people just helping neighbors out.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
...yeah i just moved from Granbury about 2 months ago...
...I remember standing on my poarch in granbury on the lake, and wondering why this particular area gets so much of the Tornados hitting, I dunno if its the lake or the lay of the land or what.....

I had a college roommate from Granbury.
Interesting - I would have thought you lived in Nashville... (
) (just playing)

Anytime you wonder, or someone questions "why Granbury?" is so susceptible to tornadoes...just say "it's the confluence"...then add whatever spice you want. It works. It really does.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

The area that I lived in Alabama would get one or two a year tops, then suddenly two years ago they got hammered by something like five EF-5s and several smaller ones one after the other. It was the largest number of EF-5s to hit one area in history if I remember correctly. Fortunately they all just missed the town I lived in, but they devastated the county we lived in (which got basically ignored by the media and a lot of the major aid because it's the middle of nowhere with nothing in it). We ended up doing more to help each other out than anything else.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Oh my, that's some big hale.

I hope everyone's alright and safe, humans and animals!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I just moved from the exact area where this tornado hit, not 2 months ago..........

My house was directly in this path, neighbors called me and told me the house I lived in was leveled........

How scary is that

Prayers for all there

Similar thing happened to my mother and family in World War II - during the bombings, they'd go over to her aunts bungalow house, and let their neighbors use their basement as a shelter. 200lb bomb fell through the roof and collapsed an entire four storey building. They never even attempted to recover anyone or anything, and just declared the land there as sacred.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Didn't Texas secede from the union? Hope they don't ask for federal help.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join