It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO corn and health risks - You are ingesting this daily without really knowing, UNTIL NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I have yet to see any conclusive proof that GMO foods are dangerous.

This study you refer to is filled with an awful lot of assumption with no empirical evidence to back it up. It criticizes the FDA standards for testing and alludes to the fact that because of this weak regulation that GMO foods may be bad.

It certainly doesn't prove it. Same thing with the study on rats, inconclusive either way.

If you do have direct proof that GMO foods are bad though I'd certainly love to look at that report so I can change my view.

It is easy to discredit studies which could be harmful to your former employer . . . have you read up much on the revolving door of GMO producers into the FDA and right back out into Monsanto/Conagra/et all corporate offices.

This is like asking the fox to guard the hen house.

Food Safety Official’s Past Work for Monsanto Spurs Petition for Ouster
www.bloomberg.com...

The Amazing Revolving Door -
Monsanto, FDA & EPA
rense.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
HopeChest, if you're a truly an advocate for Monsanto products, by all means please eat their products. I'm sure you can prove your theory that they're saviors by doing so. So many countries have banned Monsanto products you'd think that would raise a flag for people.

On a side note, I heard Phillip Morris' cigarettes are healthy to smoke. (Think how long it took the 'surgeon general' to step in on that lie) I'm pretty sure Monsanto is headed the same route. It's going to take thousands of people dying to get a warning about the product. Not to be confused with an outright ban on it, just a simple warning label. A greenhouse sounds like a good investment lately.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I have yet to see any conclusive proof that GMO foods are dangerous.

This study you refer to is filled with an awful lot of assumption with no empirical evidence to back it up. It criticizes the FDA standards for testing and alludes to the fact that because of this weak regulation that GMO foods may be bad.

It certainly doesn't prove it. Same thing with the study on rats, inconclusive either way.

If you do have direct proof that GMO foods are bad though I'd certainly love to look at that report so I can change my view.

Quite frankly, does any of this really matter? If we don't want to eat it, or inhale it, we shouldn't have to. But this stuff is darn near impossible to avoid.

Perhaps the next part of Obamagate is looking to see if perhaps he has been in bed with Monsanto. He got an awful lot of election funds from a donor base that is considered the working poor. And he seems all to eager to help Monsanto. Well off to follow the corn meal trail.

edit on 16-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Shop at Trader Joes and you don't have to worry.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

Thank you! I did not know this, and I suspect me and Trader Joe will become great friends!

Just to update everyione here... I did find my scandals with Monsanto. One is a real biggie and if interested check out the second post of my thread, How Obama Sold Out America For Political Gain And Power.

It appears that the State department is funneling our tax dollars into the pockets of international lobbyists who specifically negotiated deals that benefited Solely Monsanto. Our tax dollars were also used to crush other biotech firms that competed with Monsanto. Like Monsanto doesn't have enough of their own money.

What it comes down to is that Monsanto is now the ruler of the USA. Unless we do something immediately!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by JrDavis

Thank you! I did not know this, and I suspect me and Trader Joe will become great friends!

Just to update everyione here... I did find my scandals with Monsanto. One is a real biggie and if interested check out the second post of my thread, How Obama Sold Out America For Political Gain And Power.

It appears that the State department is funneling our tax dollars into the pockets of international lobbyists who specifically negotiated deals that benefited Solely Monsanto. Our tax dollars were also used to crush other biotech firms that competed with Monsanto. Like Monsanto doesn't have enough of their own money.

What it comes down to is that Monsanto is now the ruler of the USA. Unless we do something immediately!

Aside from me growing my own food I always shop at Trader Joe's specifically because of what you probably saw.

December 12, 2012 (updated) Our approach to Genetically Modified Organisms is simple: we do not allow GMO ingredients in our private label products (anything with Trader Joe's, Trader Jose's, Trader Ming's, etc. on the label). Our efforts began in 2001, when we determined that, given a choice, our customers would prefer to eat foods and beverages made without the use of genetically engineered ingredients. When developing products containing ingredients likely to come from genetically modified sources, we have the supplier of the product perform the necessary research to provide documentation that the suspect ingredients are from non-GMO sources. This documentation is in the form of affidavits, identity-preserved certification of seed stock, and third-party lab results from testing of the ingredients in question. In addition to this work done in developing a given item, we conduct random audits of items with potentially suspect ingredients, using an outside, third-party lab to perform the testing. Given our position on GMO ingredients in Trader Joe's label products and the work done in support of that position, it is our expectation that our products test as non-GMO. We have yet to take the approach of labeling products as non-GMO because there are no clear guidelines from the US governmental agencies covering food and beverage labeling. Instead of waiting for such guidelines to be put into effect and based upon customer feedback, we took a more holistic approach and made the no GMO ingredients position part of what the Trader Joe's label encompasses. We're unable to make the same claims for branded products (products not in the Trader Joe’s label). Organic products, regardless of brand, are by definition non-GMO.

Whenever we go shopping sometimes I will fight like a little baby to not go to any other store because when you go there you don't have to worry about artificial flavors, Preservatives, Colors, And specifically GMO.

You can walk in there and buy what ever you want and not have to worry about anything, really.

They even label things that are gluten free with a small g sign.

It's really a great store and the prices are excellent for the quality.

I personal don't have an issue paying it.

They also have a great source of Organic food.

You'll love the store.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join