It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Revisited.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Soduko is not a game. It's math. I hate it too.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by votan

Are you asking what is Puerto Rican food, or what kind of Puerto Rican food?

Peace, NRE.

more like what are some examples of puerto rican food.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Hi I like gardening and cooking too. I love Puerto Rican food and would love a really good red beans and rice recipe. I got a recipe online for aqua bread. I ate it in Lares back in the 70's and my goodness that is the best tasting bread. I made it a few months ago.
I like being outdoors. Camping , hiking, I love the beach. I've seen you on the boards. Your avi is interesting.

Do you want a recipe for red beans and rice in one dish or separate? I can write one or both. I dont know what aqua bread is, but if you hav the recipe let me know.

Yeah my avatar is something else, I love it, an old member sent it to me in the avatar thread

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm mostly a lurker. This comes from my insatiable thirst for knowledge. No time to reply, too busy learning.

I can't teach anybody anything, and my brain works in a way that makes it hard for me to explain things to people.

I am very at a lot of things, but master of none.

In my spare time I:

1) Read, this is the most important.
2) Play Eve: Online. I'm a Goon, we're the "bad guys".
3) Build, tinker with, and shoot firearms. I'm currently engaged in tweaking an AR-15.
4) I am working with a local group to open a non profit "Makerspace" in my home town. If you don't know about these, I encourage you to look them up.
5) I fix computers.I am good at it, but I refuse to do it as a career. Having to do it because it ismy job just takes the fun out of problem solving.
6) I build things out of fiberglass. Anything you want. Working on a suit of Mjolnir armor from the Halo video games.
7) I love my dogs. Schnauzer Guinevere and Boston Terror (yes, terror, not terrier) Coco (I didn't name her)
8) Drink whiskey. Scotch to be more precise.

Aside from that, I digest as much information as I can about conspiracies; websites, documentaries, books, etc. I also quite enjoy politics and have considered majoring in the political science until I remembered that I have a very very hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see injustice and that I always come off as a complete jerk and no one would ever vote for me.

That about sums it up.

Edit: I should mention that I have no kids, don't ever plan on having kids, and can't hold a girlfriend for more than about a year until I get the urge to be able to do whatever I want to again. I love my freedom.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm sure I've got an older response here somewhere, but now my life is pretty different so....

I live in the country, on a small ranch my wife and I own. Yet, we're only a couple miles from civilization.

We have lots of animals (3 horses, 6 dogs, 7 cats, 2 birds, 2 rabbits (well and some babies as of yesterday)). Eventually we'll add chickens too. We also board two other horses for others.

Both my wife and I work in the city, but weekends are for fun. We have a live-in friend to help around the ranch, and business (we have a saddle and tack shop out of the ranch), and her son (from a previous marriage, 18) recently moved in.

She's on here too (as Mrs. Gazrok), though more a lurker than poster. We are pretty nerdy, we like to go to Ren Faires, Sci-Fi Conventions, and wear costumes to things. Our home has some real "Nerdvana" elements.

Well, should be enough to get the "flavor" anyhow.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just realized how many thing I left out of that. Wow. I also write music and poetry sometimes. Anyways, feel free to ask questions. It's a lot easier for me to answer than to generate random facts about myself.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Ismail

Soduko is not a game. It's math. I hate it too.

Soduko is a game to numbers nerds!! I love Soduko!!! Then again, pretty sure I've mentioned on a variety of threads that I'm an accountant so yeah, no great surprise there, right?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Crawling further out of my comfort zone to say "hi neighbor!".
Haven't gone to a PDX Lan yet but someday, I'll figure out a way to drag my massive beast of a rig to one.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by benrl

Haven't gone to a PDX Lan yet but someday, I'll figure out a way to drag my massive beast of a rig to one.

Just moved up here after a lifetime in SoCa, like it infinitely better than the hell hole that is SoCa.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
We are pretty nerdy, we like to go to Ren Faires, Sci-Fi Conventions, and wear costumes to things. Our home has some real "Nerdvana" elements.

I love that!

I love Ren Fairs and Conventions although I don't often get the opportunity to go. I went to one in Minnesota one year. I may or may not have went to an X-Files convention back in the day *looks around shiftily*

What I would REALLY love to go to is Comic Con in San Diego but I haven't been able to work it out.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm the one they made promises to...

...but never kept them.

Hehehe ha ho...ha ho.

Yes, I really am a clown.

It is stressful work.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

One dish. The Ramerez family used to live across the street from me. I spent many happy dinner hours at their house and their daughter Gladys spent many at mine.
Aqua bread has no fat in it. It is baked in the oven with a pan of water under it so that the bread is moist. In Puerto Rico ( when I visited with my neighbor) we went to the village to buy the bread and bought an extra loaf to eat on the walk back up the mountain to the house. This was in Lares PR.
I love bastellis but they take forever to make.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Excallibacca

On your last line. Maybe if whiskey wasnt a hobby??????

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I dont know how to spell the word for the sound your mouth makes when you find something really distasteful but thats the word I use for soduko. Something like Blach but with a more squishy sound in it. LOL.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Weird, your avitar looks a little like my Dad. ( not kidding.)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Do you mean pastelles?

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by benrl

Just moved up here after a lifetime in SoCa, like it infinitely better than the hell hole that is SoCa.

Mmm, yeah, imagine so but you may change your tune if you happen to witness the Naked Bike Ride that happens every June. Next one is on June 8th as a warning. As I always tell my children...some things, once seen, can never be unseen....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm addicted to smiley faces. Seriously. It's a real problem.
. See?

I love to read and write. Spend most of my spare time reading on ATS or writing. When doing chores I listen to audiobooks. Makes the time go by faster.

Spiders terrify me, but I think snakes are cute.

I've chased a black bear off my school playground before. It was interesting.

I love traveling, just don't have the $$$$ to do it more often.

And I'm seriously considering quitting education.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I don't drink Scotch to get drunk. I have only been drunk once this year and that was St. Patty's Day. I drink Scotch because I really like the way Scotch tastes. Maybe 1-2 ounces with a steak kind of drinking. I keep a whiskey diary, documenting aroma, bouquet, etc.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I'm addicted to smiley faces. Seriously. It's a real problem.
. See?

I love to read and write. Spend most of my spare time reading on ATS or writing. When doing chores I listen to audiobooks. Makes the time go by faster.

Spiders terrify me, but I think snakes are cute.

I've chased a black bear off my school playground before. It was interesting.

I love traveling, just don't have the $$$$ to do it more often.

And I'm seriously considering quitting education.

Last part is sad to hear, our children need people that care and are passionate about teaching, which is something I've noticed you seem to have from your post.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join