It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hipsters Singled Out for Being Annoying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Yeah, im sure that getting paid a living wage, and being able to afford food and housing when they arnt on tour just ruins the music

yeah I have always been open to music of almost all genres ( with the exception of boybands being the big one) I was raised on classic rock, jazz, blues and country I only found punk in my early pre teen years. It greatly influenced my style of music playing in a couple different punk bands but i found that all the rules made it impossible to fit in without having to change how i dressed and acted on a daily basses. oh so dumb the rules for non conformity.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I dont see the difference between being a hipster or a YMCMB fan.

You both whack.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

All these non conformists are conforming to non conformity!

I had to stop listening to a lot of hardcore and punk because I realized, I don't need to waste any more of my life being pissed off all the time. Time to hang the teenage angst up and put on my big boy pants.

See you're in Kansas, I lived in NE for a time, great music scene there, at least I thought so. (Albeit hipsters abounding in Omaha)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Haha had to look that ymcmb up. And I agree. As far as hip hop goes, I can't stand a lot of artists because I can't really relate to gettin money and hanging out with all these *ahem* women of ill-repute.

Gimme some Aesop Rock or Jedi Mind Tricks.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Kansas used to have an amaing local music scene, all genres but sadly it has went way down hill. I miss the days of going and seeing a punk, ska, hiphop, heavy metal show every weekend... those were the days.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

I saw the alkaline trio in Lawrence once, awesome show. Love me some alk3. I remember when they were on the o.c. Or Laguna beach or something and all my friends were like "sell outs!" What?! That's awesome they were on t.v. Even if the show was lame!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Edit: have ridden a fixie, but now I have a road bike.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The first bike I ever rode wad a fixed gear........i was 4, and that was before people called em "fixies"......OG

edit on 14-5-2013 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Ridin fixies before they were cool. Heck yeah

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Carreau
Don't forget the clove cigarettes and a dorky hat of some sort. Oh and a wool scarf when it's not that cold out.

Hah! I think you are probably stuck in my generation. That was our version. Today's hipsters don't do that because it's not ironic to actually be cool.

Just like our version of goth is now "emo"... damn, it's like these kids destroy everything that was cool about my generation.

None of that was EVER cool it only takes other kids doing it for you to realize how lame it really was.

In five years these same kids will be saying the same thing.

EDIT

Haha had to look that ymcmb up. And I agree. As far as hip hop goes, I can't stand a lot of artists because I can't really relate to gettin money and hanging out with all these *ahem* women of ill-repute.

Gimme some Aesop Rock or Jedi Mind Tricks.

None shall pass, only Aesop Rock I like. I do appreciate his exceptionally robust lyrics though.

Jedi Mind Tricks, ahhh man you got me, I went through a big JMT (always LoL'd seeing that and thing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles . . . which isnt really that far off from an accurate description) phase when I was in my late teens.

I stopped listening to most of the more gangsta like AOTP, Snowgoons, Outerspace, etc as they were just way way too negative in addition to most songs being rated NC-17 haha.

These days I stick to Jazz, Classical, and groups like Binary Star.

edit on 15-5-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Yes, those groups can be pretty negative, and I admit, Vinnie Paz does not have the best raps. But the ft. Artists on a lot of the tracks are freaking amazing.

By far del the funkee homosapien's album deltron 3030 is my favorite, it's like a Philip k. Dick book in music form. I was blown away first time I heard it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
PBR is a requirement?
I know many a redneck that isn't going to be happy, having some hipster trying to take over their beer, just because it's now cool.

Could get real ugly.

That's the point. They drink it because it's supposedly the "redneck" thing to do. It's also why you'll now find hipsters in truck stop type diners, ordering biscuits and gravy, thinking they are clever.

It is "hipster" to do ironic things and, in their eyes, that means whatever they think is not cool is cool. Er, hip, I mean.

The only cure is to get those rural folks you know that hipsters like to emulate and make them dress like hipsters. It will cause a circular paradox that will make every hipster explode and their logic circuits melt. If we don't hurry, hipsters will eventually figure this out and dress like themselves after they are no longer "cool" and thus attain immortality. Act fast, my friends, the storm is approaching. The Hipster Storm.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Man, my mind is gettin strained from the hipster conundrum.

If it's cool, it's not hip, therefore making it hip, which makes them unhip, which in turn makes them super hip.

Is there a course I can take for this? Understanding hipsters 101?

Initiate brain melt in 3

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

LOL
Well, we are a small town, and I haven't noticed any "hipsters" around here yet.
But I will keep an eye out for anyone drinking PBR that doesn't have on a baseball cap with a tractor or truck logo on it, or t-shirt with the same. Although, even if they aren't drinking PBR, they (us rednecks) should just watch for someone not wearing the above!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No one has to have a label and be associated with any group cultural stereotype to be annoying.

There are annoying people everywhere.

The shallow jump on these stereotypes to make themselves feel better.

"I'm not a hipster, so I'm not annoying"

Yeah right.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Agreed, good reply.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join