It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder - AP Most Serious Leaks Ever Seen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
so....

Eric Holder just said that the AP investigation was to prevent the leak of one of the most important issues in the last 30 years. He said that it was a major threat to the citizens/US and had to be stopped. In the same breath he also says that he was not a part of it, and has no clue what went on or what it was.

"This was a very serious leak and a very, very serious leak," Holder said. "I've been a prosecutor since 1976 and I have to say that this is among, if not the most serious, it is within the top two or three most serious leaks I've ever seen. It put the American people at risk. That's not hyperbole. It put the American people at risk."
edit on 14-5-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ah yes holder we gotta believe him, not like he's a proven liar and general asshat...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How dare you question Eric Holder. you must be racist!

Sarc/ off

I wounder what this "secret" is? I'm hoping AP will "leak" it after the WH threw them under the bus.

I think the whole AP phone tapping is a false flag to throw the press off Benghazi.
edit on 14-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Isn't it convenient that we will never know how credible of a threat these supposed leaks were. It's almost as convenient as Holder recusing himself. What a bunch of morons run our government. It's really a shame that most people will not even care about this, or will forget about it by tomorrow.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiwastedmylif

I watched his presser. Holder sure has a lot to say, about something he claims to know nothing about...huh....:

Guess he's forgotten about all the *Osama is dead* leaks from the White House....

Des

edit on 14-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Regardless of what he knows, the fact that he felt the need to mention that it was the largest leak in the last 30 years is interesting. Either it is to provide a canvas for the situation to state that it was okay to do this, or it was a serious leak.

If it is that huge of a leak, you think someone would still play martyr and leak the subject at least.

I found it ridiculous Jay Carney said that Obama cannot contact Holder, and Holder said himself that he had no specific involvement and had no idea what occurred. Since when can the POTUS not communicate with his own branches of Government? Carney said that all the information regarding the various situations going on currently are from the NEWS sources themselves. The POTUS himself is getting all his information from politically biased organizations who frequently falsely report incidents. Who can take them seriously when they say this stuff?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why would anyone believe this clown?

Didn't your parents ever tell you to never trust a lawyer? Especially the top lawyer for one of the most corrupt administrations to ever "serve" the American People??

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It's getting pretty bad when Carney aka toad boy, and his entourage, can only spew out that our Commander in Chief is not adequately informed of crucial events in a timely manner to run our Country....

This is now how they handle damage control...they keep slapping another coat of cracking teflon on Obama.

Des

]
edit on 14-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now I really want to know what the leak was about! He says it could damage the American people. Well, what is it, Obama was really wasn't eligible to be president, the US is completely broke, or they have alien manufacturing facilities at Area 51?

I mean this government is supposed to be by the people, for the people, and if there is something so detrimental as to threaten the entirety of the American people then we should know what the heck it is. This is just part of a much wider corruption issue with those in government. I can just about guess that whatever the leak was, it was a direct threat to Holder and Obama than being a threat to the American people.

This ongoing charade is just unbelievable. We need to get rid of every elected member of government and start over with uncorrupted citizens that will truly look out for the people and not those elite banker types, or whoever is paying the most money lobbying these morons.

edit on 14/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just another double standard.

So much for transparancy.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohiwastedmylif
so....

Eric Holder just said that the AP investigation was to prevent the leak of one of the most important issues in the last 30 years. He said that it was a major threat to the citizens/US and had to be stopped. In the same breath he also says that he was not a part of it, and has no clue what went on or what it was.

"This was a very serious leak and a very, very serious leak," Holder said. "I've been a prosecutor since 1976 and I have to say that this is among, if not the most serious, it is within the top two or three most serious leaks I've ever seen. It put the American people at risk. That's not hyperbole. It put the American people at risk."
edit on 14-5-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

Ok..so....Eric Holders says that "it was a major threat to the citizens/US and had to be stopped"; and he said that;"...to say that this is among, if not the most serious, it is within the top two or three most serious leaks I've ever seen."

So...he does not know exactly what it is and yet he knows that whatever it was...it was a big threat to the U.S. and its people.

Confusion much...I'm just saying; this guy is very annoying!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Violation of the First and Fourth Amendments is as serious as it gets. Sure hope we can wake some people up on this. It's not exactly like it's a partisan thing either. Bush coming up with the Patriot Act was just as deplorable. There's something that happens to people when they go to DC. Must be the water. I have senators for my state that are supposedly as far apart as possible on the Rep vs Dem scales, but the results keep coming up the same. I wrote both of them on this issue. Rest assured I'll be a lot more active in future campaigns. Seems like there's a new excuse for violating Bill of Rights every day. NEED SMALLER FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So what happened 30 years ago? Anyone remember? I'm only 29 so of course I would'nt know.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
so he basically admitted he didn't know s----.
figures.
edit on 14-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

wasn't it that fella that was in the navy, and his folks about thrity years ago? you know the one giving secrets to the russians. i can't remember his name

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

This guy?
John Anthony Walker

I remembered his name, because I worked with a fellow that went by the same name. Different guys though.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

yea that's the guy.
maybe that's what holder means by the last thirty years.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I know what the leak was about. I will look for the info again when I get inside. It was nothing at all!

Off the top of my head which could be wrong... It was a failed terrorist attack, and the news agency cooperated with the government and held the leaked information back. They did good!

Ok here is my edit with the info. Now what makes this sooo very bad is that it once again contradicts Obama getting rid of the bad guys. Now where did we see Obama sweeping something under the rug before? Benghazi! They didn't want the American people to know! I feel that this is even more strong evidence for the benghazi case.

AP's Story on Foiled Terror Plot at Center of Justice Probe

Here is the May 7, 2012 story about that plot:

The plot involved an upgrade of the underwear bomb that failed to detonate aboard a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas 2009. This new bomb was also designed to be used in a passenger's underwear, but this time al-Qaeda developed a more refined detonation system, U.S. officials said.

The FBI is examining the latest bomb to see whether it could have passed through airport security and brought down an airplane, officials said. They said the device did not contain metal, meaning it probably could have passed through an airport metal detector. But it was not clear whether new body scanners used in many airports would have detected it.

The would-be suicide bomber, based in Yemen, had not yet picked a target or bought a plane ticket when the CIA stepped in and seized the bomb, officials said. It's not immediately clear what happened to the alleged bomber.

edit on 14-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

AP leaks is worst thing to happen to American citizens? Well what about letting big banks launder money for criminals like the Mexican Cartel & known terrorist groups? The same big banks he won't even ponder investigating.

But he's probably right, this AP leak is serious bizness

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I know exactly what you're talking about but I too forget his name. It's because of him the military implemented TPI, two person integrity, making sure no one person has access to classified materials again.

Did you know that guy recruited his children, son & daughter, to help him gather intel? His daughter is the one who turned him in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join