It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese man gets 300 lashes, 6 years for helping woman convert to Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am posting this in the Middle East Issues forum because I consider this to be a human rights issue and not a religious one. Personally, I believe in God, but don't follow a particular religion as I feel that for me, God and I have a personal relationship that supersedes the dogma of any one religion.

We see these sorts of things happening in Saudi Arabia on an almost weekly basis and I am surprised we do not have more outrage in the international community and especially in the United States. How can the United States continue to ally themselves with a nation that has no regard for freedom and human rights? This is despicable behavior to treat any fellow human beings this way simply because their faith does not match that of the majority population.

Personal freedom of all kinds is so important to me as an American and it disturbs me greatly when a fellow human being anywhere has their beliefs criminalized and their right to share their faith with other interested parties infringed.

A Lebanese man was sentenced to 300 lashes with a whip and six years in prison for his role in helping a Saudi woman convert to Christianity and flee the kingdom in the latest example of the religious intolerance that grips the region. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Link

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

If only the connections between the ENLILITE religions where researched more by these judges...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
People deserve the right to believe or not believe anything they wish, just another humans right violation that the US will never call the Saudis on...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
People deserve the right to believe or not believe anything they wish, just another humans right violation that the US will never call the Saudis on...

That's disgusting in its own right. It kind of makes me think of being a drug addict and knowing my dealer is abusing his daughter but I'm not telling because he's the only dealer in town. It aint right!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Wow, just wow. Middle ages justice?

It feels like an execution. Won't 300 lashes kill a human being?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I wonder how many lashes he would have gotten if he'd told her "Believe none of it, it's all gibberish!)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For believers, this should be a wake up call. We keep calling persecution, and I understand, we don't want to slowly lose those freedoms, but this is real persecution.

I wonder how many of my fellow believers would deny Christ at the threat of 300 lashes spanding over 6 years in prison.

Those that believe should pray that this man is freed and if not, that he may be strengthened. Also, give thanks to how blessed you are, that, for now, you are not having to suffer as this man. That you have another pain free day, that you can walk outside freely. That you can openly speak, preach, and give praise without fear of death, fines, or jailing.
edit on 13-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

personally as someone who cant stand missionaries from all faiths
yes I am someone that slams the door on the face of anyone that knocks on my door and tries to sell their religion

this man is an idiot for starters,
The laws in most countries are very clear, agree with it or not

he went into a country because of some self righteous faith he wants to spread
hes lucky in some countries it comes with the death penalty

on a side note, I believe everyone has the right to believe what ever crap they want
I dont though believe in Missionaries and personally they should have a license to be able to knock on doors like sales people have.
and those that go to other countries to try and spread their faith deserve what they get (that's from all faiths)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Man suffering for Christ's namesake. He's done what he is called to do. Props to the man, Lebanese prisons are real sh*tholes and the muslim are going to give him hell constantly. That's true courage, and all without blowing other people to bits.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Wow, just wow. Middle ages justice?

It feels like an execution. Won't 300 lashes kill a human being?

Yes it will. the Romans were masters at scourging and they could only keep a man alive for 39 lashes, the 40th one the pain would kill a man all by itself.

I am compelled to post a song to this soon to be fallen brother.

edit on 16-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join