It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When We're All Convicted Felons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The whole system is completely and utterly flawed I am currently serving a two year probation for three minor possession charges, I was given the opportunity by the judge (due to me being a retired injured Vet ) to stay in society, and prove that I can be a decent citizen, and earn my way. So rather than being in jail, I am in theory supposed to get a job, pay my taxes, see my pysch and continue in my rehabilitaion.

It has been over a year since I went on probation, and this whole time I have been unable to find steady work. 80% of people wont hire and the other 20% have hired me only to fire me the moment they find out about my convictions.

So what am I left with ? A medically retired Injured grunt, from my service in Afghanistan of which the Australian governement has given me no form of support whatsoever. I have no transferable skills into the civilian world, and I have debts beyond being repaid from my lawyer fees. Go figure how the heck am I supposed to do things the "right" way when no one will give me the chance?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

So your saying there were no kick backs to appropriations committees in all those defense contracts? Mmmm-kay

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am a convicted felon too and had no priors. Got into an argument with my uncle on my birthday. I pushed him and he fell into the garden outside my door and landed on a exposed tree root resulting in a fracture on his rib. Police were called by my neighbors. Since he was injured I was arrested and charged with 2nd degree DV assault. I have family that live across the street and a no contact order was placed against me barring me from communicating with them and my GF. None of them were present during the ordeal (judge lifted the NCO when I got out of jail).. The NCO really sucked because while I was in jail I couldn't call, write to the people I Ioved most. Now here's the kicker. Because it was my uncle its a DV issue which is a felony here. If my uncle was just a stranger and we got into a fight my charge wouldn't be a felony. My uncle didn't press charges and told the police that when I pushed him he tripped over his feet. It doesn't matter if you want to press charges its up to the prosecutor and they wanted to press charges. My attorney said all DV issues here are taken very seriously. The police report was a joke. It stated that I picked up my uncle and slammed him on the ground resulting in severe bodily harm. I am 5'9" 180lbs and my uncle is 6'5" around 250lbs. I like to think I am a strong manly man, but manhandling my uncle would never happen especially with my bad back. While I was in jail I was served papers from my apartment manager stating I was evicted and that I owe rent for the rest of the year. They don't rent out to felons.I met them in court to fight owing them rent for the rest of the year and won
My uncle came to court and testified on my behalf telling the judge I didn't pick him up and slam him that the police report is wrong. Anyways, the charge was dropped to 3rd degree assault which is still a felony and I do DV treatment now and just got off DOC probation.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This is a thread of common sense and just outright truth if you stop and think, look around and take stock of what many know is happening. It seems that there are a few attempting to derail the thread and discredit the OP.

The info provided here really doesn't even need a source if we look at reality. The source is all of us and the proof is all around us everyday.

Disagree. Anyone with common sense is not a felon. Only when we abandon common sense do we find ourselves on the wrong side of the law. There is no conspiracy to turn all citizens into felons, it's one of the more insane things I've ever heard.

How hard is it to just *not* break federal law? Answer: not.

Thread is a pity party for people who can't just live their life right. Awww woe is you, you couldn't just be dumb for getting arrested, noooo, it's a vast conspiracy against you. The ego on you to think that, beyond control.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by qualm91
reply to post by opethPA

I did not cook it personally. I was there when it was being done, however. I have absolutely no record, not even any traffic violations, so they plead me down to a misdemeanor.

You certainly deserved worse for aiding and abetting in disgusting behavior. Meth people are the worst, and you are just a drug-dealer groupie addict who has no understanding of the scope of bad decisions you made leading up to this moment in your life.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OJbloj

I have never been a drug dealer, simply a user. And I had used meth a total of 3 times when I was arrest so I was certainly not "meth-head" by that point, though I will admit that if I hadn't of been arrested I probably would have ended up that way. I agree with you that meth is a terrible, terrible drug. And do you know the definition of groupie? A person, especially a young woman, who regularly follows a pop music group or other celebrity in the hope of meeting or getting to know them. I am not a groupie. You are right, I am an addict. But I have been sober for almost 2 years now. And if you have read my posts on this thread, you would know that I do claim full responsibility for my actions that lead to me getting arrested, I do not deny them. I am simply saying that the way we are treated when we actually do try to better our lives is pitiful and should be changed.

Aaand that was not actually what the intent of this thread was when I initially started it, that's just the way that it turned out. My original intention was to bring light to all of the ridiculous laws that have been made that can lead to felonies.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by l0vedim0

That is just craziness!
Our police report was wrong, too. There were many things that they wrote down in evidence that we did not have on us at all and our arresting officer was actually told to show proof of these things and could not. You would think you'd be able to get cases thrown out when the arrest report is wrong, wouldn't you?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OJbloj

It's actually really easy to commit a felony.

Here's just one example,

www.wftv.com...

But either way it doesn't matter because there are people that think that's people don't have a right to their own bodies. That's why we have governments in first place. It is completely acceptable to some people to have a group of individuals that constantly violate a person's right to do with themselves as they please. If someone isn't hurting anyone else or damaging someone's property they should have the right to do whatever they want with themselves including drinking battery acid.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

That's the way I always looked at it.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OJbloj

Does it make you feel superior when you belittle people?
Qualm is a good person who made some bad decisions. She has worked hard to overcome her issues too.

You ever made a bad decision? Lord knows I have. All we can do is learn, move on, and try to get better.

The point of this thread, which you seem to have missed, is to point out how hard society makes it to move forward after you have been "corrected."
From that view, your contribution was wonderful. You are proving the point of the OP.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Thank you, Jay
You're the best.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I really do not understand how people can become felons.. the only run ins with the law i have ever had has been when i idled through a red light and the time someone broke into my house and cleaned the guys clock.

If you get in trouble for drugs you are an idiot. I do not agree with the laws against drugs but I do not like to give others power over me so i steer clear of them.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Must be nice to be flawless.

If you had read the thread, you would have read just how easy it can be to become a fellon.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"The man with insight enough to admit his limitations comes nearest to perfection." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bam!
edit on 14-5-2013 by qualm91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I cannot remember the title but on Youtube a lawyer was saying he point out at least a felony a day that people commit without realizing it. This is due to the way laws change constantly.

He also stated the government wants everyone in the system. I know for a fact that when the average law abiding citizen screws up They really stick it to them. The reason? The average person will never be in trouble again so they need to keep them in the system as long as possible. They know the career criminal will always be back.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, they want to treat us all like Felons anyway.
1. FELON HAS NO GUN RIGHTS - They are working on taking those away

2. FELON CAN NOT VOTE: - THey up there pick out who we vote for, media pushes the, , and we THINK we choose.

3. FELONS SEARCHED AT WILL - A felon in prison or on probation is searched, stripped at will for pee tests, looking for paraphernalia etc. - We are searched before we go aboard a plane . With new laws they can make a claim on a cotizen and search his house at will without going through the proper channels.

4. FELONS In jail have to eat what is served: We are being told what we can and can not eat, or taxed for eating certain foods, ..

So we are all being treated like a felon, so now those of us that are Felons will have to become super felons, so the every day people that are being treated like one will not realize it, and think we are worse than they are!

edit on 18-5-2013 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Indeed some of us are. We just haven't been caught
edit on 26-2-2020 by RicD007 because: made a mistake

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join