It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Game. It's time for Western Military Intervention in Syria.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by openfire

Laughable and very plausible. Believe it. Or don't, up to you.

To think that western intervention in Syria is a laughable matter is your choice.
To think the thread is laughable is fine as well, until the powers that be deem it necessary to act.
If NATO bombs start falling then maybe some people will take it seriously instead of laughing it up.

-Think the thread is "dumb" or "stupid"? "Un-thinkable"?

-Maybe you think that the only person who believes the west should separate the murderous brats in Syria resides on ATS?

Stay tuned.

edit on 11-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Laughable and very plausible. Believe it. Or don't, up to you.

To think that western intervention in Syria is a laughable matter is your choice.
To think the thread is laughable is fine as well, until the powers that be deem it necessary.
If NATO bombs start falling then maybe some people will take it seriously instead of laughing it up.

Think the thread is "dumb" or "stupid"? "Un thinkable"?

Stay tuned.

Yes, I find it utterly laughable to ponder the need for western intervention in Syria, when the entire situation in Syria IS western intervention. Get it?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

ahh you mean that the thread is a forgone conclusion. That makes sense. I get it

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I highly recommend reading this:

[url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzf5hXPESLSdbTd0V2dIY3hvVGM/edit?pli=1]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzf5hXPESLSdbTd0V2dIY3hvVGM/edit?pli=1[/ur l]

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I don't know whether it's my FireFox or not but am having a problem with that link. It's directing me to Blecko web search which is bringing up numerous links.
-can you give me a better link? Will read later G/F coming over shortly, Have always been interested in this sort of ...western meddling in the middle east type stuff (Its always been rampant)
cheers

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Terminal1

I pay my taxes. I'm a "worker bee"

[snip]
Theres so much history you are speaking of...sweeping aside as it were to apply a simple solution...
even more death violence and destruction of the Syrians and their culture, their infrastructure, and their way of life.
not to mention the "spill over "which may just actually involve enormous consequences for the entire world.
Just because you are personally "tired of all the violence"?

edit on 12-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Its called reading? Ever hear of it?

..And the violence will stop if we don't deal with it...

ya right

Thanks for the tip.

Again folks. Not dealing with it is maybe your answer, but sadly, not a very good one at this point.
Your cultural Disney-land that you call Syria is crumbling before your very eyes.
..Like Hommes is being preserved by your flawless philosophy on the situation...?

..seriously?

Many of you are better at being snobby and snippy, than replying to the post in a moderate level headed way.

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Damascus....honeypot for all....Israel severely degrades all potential future combatants in one shot...prophecies fulfilled.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I don't know whether it's my FireFox or not but am having a problem with that link. It's directing me to Blecko web search which is bringing up numerous links.
-can you give me a better link? Will read later G/F coming over shortly, Have always been interested in this sort of ...western meddling in the middle east type stuff (Its always been rampant)
cheers

Try this link instead:

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

How long do we have to watch these people destroy themselves?

Reading the ATS forum one can come to five conclusions.
1. The rebels are riddled with terrorist factions and spurned on by religious fanaticism.
2. The Assad regime is riddled with corruption and religious fanaticism.
3. Neither side will give up
4. Casualties are out of control
5. violence is spreading to other countries.

While many of you have your doubts and have your reasons against intervention:
-oil contracts
-tax payers money
-distrust in NATO
-and many other logical reasons, there comes a time when it is ones duty to end violence. Many others are growing tired of the status quo.
You say NO
well, imo that means that you don't care that there is no end in sight. Think about that. No end, let them have their fun (?)
If the west doesn't act then the killing will not stop. EVER.
Bottom line is this.
Libya still has it's problems, but nothing compared to what it was like during Spring revolution.
Egypt, same thing. We cannot control all violence, but we quelled it significantly.
Bosnia. Hasn't been in the news lately. That's a good thing.

It's time to show these people that the days of killing themselves and others is soon to be over.
The West has to be responsible. Has to make themselves responsible.

Take no side as the rebels are not (imo) to be trusted)

No fly zone. Anyone with a rocket in their hands meets their maker. Period.

Use violence to stop violence, Seems odd doesn't it? All I know is that Western intervention will stop this war faster than letting them "work it out"

I'd say that NATO intervention will save 100 000 lives.
-They had their chance to not act like animals. I think that's time enough.

Just who the hell do you think you are?

Here is another country that hasnt attacked you and you are threatening to kill both sides fighters in what appears to be a civil war (sure both sides are being helped from the outside like all civil wars) The fake moral indignation of westeners is laughable. I am a westener and I laugh about it. Killing is unjust unless its a christian/western hand doing the killin, BS!!!. For centuries the west has supported and assisted the most brutal dictators in the world and helped them oppress and kill with impunity. However when a dictator stops being the puppet of the west they are evil and deserve to be destroyed, bs!

The US is literally the scarest country in history these days. They are extreme relegious nutjobs who invade other countries at a whim if their people feel morally outraged. It doesnt matter who they attack or why. It doesnt matter that its none of their business or that that are not threatened by that nation. It doesnt matter that its THE JOB OF THE UNITED NATIONS TO TRY TO BRING THIS TO AN END WITHOUT KILLING THE SYRIAN PEOPLE.

Yet every time the west, especially americans feel something isnt right the christian nut jobs, the unwashed masses and their halfwit leaders think great, lets invade that country and kill anyone we think has made us feel offended. Then lets pop our own brutal dictator back in place and switch our offense feeling chip off again.

MIND YOUR DAMN NOSE! LEAVE MUSLIM COUNTRIES ALONE! THEY MIGHT STOP KILLING AMERICANS AND WESTERNERS IF YOU STOP KILLING THEIR PEOPLE FOR BS REASONS!
edit on 12-5-2013 by cnalterego because: spelling error

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

What goes on in Syria is none of your, mine, the USA, the UK or anyone else's business, except Syria's and Syrians. Period.

Car bombs in Turkey? Yeah, right...the terrorists calling themselves 'rebels' favour cowardly car bombings (besides chemical weapons they've been caught using) as their weapons of choice, regular Syrian Military tends to use military jets, attack helicopters and tanks...not pathetic car bombs.

If anyone can't see Western influenced fingerprints ALL over the entire 'Syrian situation' and this latest propaganda piece of crap to garner more support for supplying even more weapons and aid to terrorists to destabilise the region...i'd say a visit to the optician is in order, and quickly as you're obviously blind as a bat!

Syria is going to be no Libya, Iraq, afghanistan, Egypt....this time, the big boys are involved..Russia. And they don't believe any of this crap either.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

End Game. It's time for Western Military Intervention in the USA

- We call that a Coup d'état.

In this case it would be the sudden takeover of a rouge Marxist government - initiated in 2008 - by a small group of high ranking officers within the existing military power structure led by the US Marine Corps. This Coup d'état will be considered successful when the military establishes its dominance over the Marxist/Communist government presently in power. If the coup neither fails completely nor succeeds to the point of overthrow, a civil war is a likely consequence.
edit on 12-5-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

No idea is a "good one" unfortunately.

This is something that I do agree with you on, like I keep saying time after time on these threads, for Syria now there are no good options left, just bad ones and the trick is going to be picking the best out of what is a very bad bunch. I just strongly disagree with you that military intervention is the best of that bad bunch and I think you need to accept that on ATS many are going to agree.

Those that call me or think of me as a "war monger" are free to, as long as they know that they carry the burden of this never ending civil war on their moral shoulders.

I would not call you a warmonger because I can understand your perspective on this and I think that you believe that direct western military intervention is the “right thing to do”.

That said however you cannot say that anyone who disagrees with you that they have the “burden” of the civil war on their shoulders. Of course they don’t, the burden is on the shoulders of the Syrian, just because someone happens to disagree with your position does not put the burden of the war on them.

Please I can understand and respect your views on this, even if I disagree with you, but don’t tarnish your opinions by writing drivel like this.

The idea I support involves people dying

And that is exactly why a lot of people disagree with you, why should western soldiers die to fight what is a domestic problem within the sovereign state of Syria.

The other side supports people dying

no they dont and thats why we disagree with you

So easy to say "do nothing"

You know there is actually a good argument for “doing nothing”, if Assad wins it would actually be in the interests of the west in the long term. I am not saying that I am an advocate of that argument I think that something does need to be done I am just pointing out to you that to simply say “doing nothing” would be a bad thing is not strictly true.

..And the violence will stop if we don't deal with it...

Actually weather or not we do something about it the violence will end and why do “we” have to do something about it, why can’t the Arab League actually commit troops and do something about it, there are other states who could take up this mantel and provide military intervention.

Many of you are better at being snobby and snippy, than replying to the post in a moderate level headed way.

If you feel that members are giving you a hard time then alert the Mods, but just remember there is a whole world of a difference between someone disagreeing with you and someone being “snobby” or “snippy”.

edit on 12-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
Would the safest bet not be to support an intervention done by the Arab league or the African union?

I think this would be better than any westerners or communists going in for peace keeping operations since they don't like us all that much. Chances a are if the West, Russia or even some Asian nation stepping in will only make matters worse.

Throw the political BS and agendas out of the window and this problem might never have reached this level.

Unfortunately the only Arabs with the capacity to be involved (Saudi Arabia) are already involved. They have no interest in peacekeeping as they want their faction to win. The Africans don't have the capability.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Western Boots on ground, Especially the United States, is a very, very bad Ideal. We will win don't get me wrong. But if you think 70 is a bad number. The First day the United States Carpet Bombs the crap out of Syria to take out Air defenses are going to make that number look like a good day.

Western intervention, is bad for many reasons. As Proved In Iraq The U.S military against a Military force, I.E the Republican Guard, will get creamed, in a matter of hours or days. Its the insurgency that comes after we have a problem with.

I'd give it four days of fighting max, than a long bloody insurgency after. The Western Military's are trained to occupy. In order to win an Insurgency, you have to kill two generations or more of adults and teens, than brain wash the kids. Its a horrible process, Russia would be your best bet in that department, the western states are to dignified to end a insurgency.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Western Boots on ground, Especially the United States, is a very, very bad Ideal. We will win don't get me wrong. But if you think 70 is a bad number. The First day the United States Carpet Bombs the crap out of Syria to take out Air defenses are going to make that number doubled or tripled.

Western intervention, is bad for many reasons. As Proved In Iraq The U.S military against a Military force, I.E the Republican Guard, will get creamed, in a matter of hours or days. Its the insurgency that comes after we have a problem with.

I'd give it four days of fighting max, than a long bloody insurgency after. The Western Military's are trained not to occupy. In order to win an Insurgency, you have to kill two generations or more of adults and teens, than brain wash the kids. Its a horrible process, Russia would be your best bet in that department, the western states are to dignified to end a insurgency.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Reaper2137 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dear OP,

Do be aware that there all kinds of people anonymously on the net - fools, idiots, insane, trolls, misguided, drugged out, intelligence agents from all over the world, extremists of all kinds including religion and constitutions, terrorists and even the Iranian Prime Minister as well as North Korea's Fat Kim leader was rumoured to be here, to attempt to brainwash and fool others here with lies, fears and falsehoods.

Thus I respect your courage to make a stand and speak your mind even in such mindfields, as the numerous posts against you had shown.

But its ok, there is no evidence of any it for all are anonymous here. One only needs to read and judge the posts contents to know who they are, where they stand, and their intellect level. Those posts are not reflective of other members view on ATS, as ATS covers a wide array of topics, and have different interests.

Futhermore, it's not difficult for one to have numberous copy nicks to support and star their own posts, to tear someone's view down, not by evidences and logic, but attacking the messenger.

Back to topic:-

Naysayers will be plenty, with all kinds of lame, pathetic and often cowardly reasons to use as justification to tell the neighbour to go to hell. In USA, it happened in the 40s. The govt listened to these loud, stupid and vocal minority and did nothing. In the end thousands died when Imperial Japan bombed USA at Pearl harbour. And those pathetic minority became silent and dared not show their faces and appear in public to apologise for their strident anti-war calls to the victims families.

Syria is far away, but nevertheless, is still a country sharing our planet. What happens there will ultimately affects all in many indirect ways if the humane and right thing is not done to stop the killings.

For example, lamers always claimed we help the muslim Al Queda to help them fight the russian invaders and then they return to harm us all. Truth is we did create them, but they decided to turn against the hands that fed them, as well as upon other innocents around the world.

However, because of such truths, the muslim world majority did not take a side with AQ, but instead condemned them for the anti-Islam act upon innocents, and they had no support, causing their quick demise before they could misuse the muslim majority.

The majority of muslim nations are against the Syrian Regime. The arab league had already armed the rebels, with the limited amounts that they had. The rebels need more, to bring an end to the conflict decisively. They are NOT asking for boots on the grounds, but only for weapons and aeriel protection.

Our fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria are dying by the hours, slaughtered by the inhuman Regime, even as we make posts here. Fortunately, there are many more silent readers on ATS whom are not blind, stupid or uncaring of others as the posters here. It is they whom will make the difference in the real world.

When our rebel forefathers was fighting the world conquering red-coats, other nations and nationals did not turn their backs to our forefathers but helped where they could - France and germans. When atheist commie USSR invaded Afghanistan, we did not turn our backs to people of a different ethnic group, language and religion.

And when 911 happened, majority of them did not turn their backs to us. We all share this world, and when inhumanity happens, more so when fellow humans are dying by the minute, we have an obligation to not turn our backs to it.

Good luck.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'd say that NATO intervention will save 100 000 lives.

Maybe this thread would be better in the jokes forum..... Over 2 million dead in Iraq and Afghanistan and you think another war will save lives....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The majority of muslim nations are against the Syrian Regime. The arab league had already armed the rebels, with the limited amounts that they had. The rebels need more, to bring an end to the conflict decisively. They are NOT asking for boots on the grounds, but only for weapons and aeriel protection.

This is true, however it is a fact that neither side of the conflict are following the ethics of combat and to pick sides means you support this kind of treatment. Ethical cleansing and genocide should never be supported.

Our fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria are dying by the hours, slaughtered by the inhuman Regime, even as we make posts here. Fortunately, there are many more silent readers on ATS whom are not blind, stupid or uncaring of others as the posters here. It is they whom will make the difference in the real world.

Biased much? you'd think the regime is killing it's own
ok bad joke but seriously you do know something about the location and religious beliefs of the area. The whole Sunni vs Shi'ite thing that has raged on for more than a thousand years.

When our rebel forefathers was fighting the world conquering red-coats, other nations and nationals did not turn their backs to our forefathers but helped where they could - France and germans. When atheist commie USSR invaded Afghanistan, we did not turn our backs to people of a different ethnic group, language and religion.

And if it was not my forefathers it would have been somebody else's, in fact believe it or not many English/British people wanted America to be free and also backed your forefathers as much as they could. Many soldiers abandoned the red-coated army and begged for the chance to help build a country of the free... rifle in hand and ready to fight his brethren.

There is no moral high-ground when we all are wading through the river, unless your standing on some poor sod's shoulders. Do you get me on that?

Nice post

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
4 pages and only 2 flags. Maybe there is hope.

Reply to Canuck555.

First of all the US has been involved in Syria for some time now, via the CIA helping arm the rebbles so you are either ignorant or a shill.
edit on 12-5-2013 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join