It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Game. It's time for Western Military Intervention in Syria.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How long do we have to watch these people destroy themselves?

Reading the ATS forum one can come to five conclusions.
1. The rebels are riddled with terrorist factions and spurned on by religious fanaticism.
2. The Assad regime is riddled with corruption and religious fanaticism.
3. Neither side will give up
4. Casualties are out of control
5. violence is spreading to other countries.

While many of you have your doubts and have your reasons against intervention:
-oil contracts
-tax payers money
-distrust in NATO
-and many other logical reasons, there comes a time when it is ones duty to end violence. Many others are growing tired of the status quo.
You say NO
well, imo that means that you don't care that there is no end in sight. Think about that. No end, let them have their fun (?)
If the west doesn't act then the killing will not stop. EVER.
Bottom line is this.
Libya still has it's problems, but nothing compared to what it was like during Spring revolution.
Egypt, same thing. We cannot control all violence, but we quelled it significantly.
Bosnia. Hasn't been in the news lately. That's a good thing.

It's time to show these people that the days of killing themselves and others is soon to be over.
The West has to be responsible. Has to make themselves responsible.

Take no side as the rebels are not (imo) to be trusted)

No fly zone. Anyone with a rocket in their hands meets their maker. Period.

Use violence to stop violence, Seems odd doesn't it? All I know is that Western intervention will stop this war faster than letting them "work it out"

I'd say that NATO intervention will save 100 000 lives.
-They had their chance to not act like animals. I think that's time enough.

edit on 11-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Do you know how many of the same atrocities on so much larger scale have happened in Africa with out so much as a blink from the west?

ITS all BS propaganda, either all life is precious or none is, its not about lives being lost, its about political agendas being advanced.

Keep drinking the koolaid though.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You are arguing from a position that leads one to believe you think the fighting just started. It has been going on much longer.

When does US or "the wests" interventions end? Seems to me we are creating more enemies than friends...

Our involvement with Syria should be no involvement at all...IMHO.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Do you know how many of the same atrocities on so much larger scale have happened in Africa with out so much as a blink from the west?

ITS all BS propaganda, either all life is precious or none is, its not about lives being lost, its about political agendas being advanced.

Ahh yes the 'ol "you didn't stop this war so why stop that one

Kool aid = YUM

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well after the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, they (us + those who helped the us) basicly started a fire, which has grown bigger ever since, where they tried to solve problems when the fire grew bigger.

And as Bush said; Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists, where they now support(ed) terrorists to get their goal! it's messed up.

Basicly everything gone crazy with a crazy/evil start after 9-11 to fight the axis of evil and so created even more evil.

Good luck solving this fire!, looks out of control.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Terminal1

So Assad or the rebels could chem weapon the crap out of each other and their neighbors?
Is there any red line?

Or is it knee-jerk NO NO NO!

As I said, there comes a time to act. imo that time is now.

link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Originally posted by benrl

Ahh yes the 'ol "you didn't stop this war so why stop that one

Kool aid = YUM

So your fine with say 500,000 Africans being killed, but 70'000 Syrians and its too arms?

You don't see the intellectual dishonesty there?

ETA, Im not even including the 5.4 million supposed death in the congo btw.
edit on 11-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You're talking about African drought? We try our best and have, tough though, to bomb drought. You need a lot of water bombs. fairly large continent as well..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Okay, and why does the west have to step in?

That's what always makes me skeptical. Think Venezuela had election problems? Great, get Brazil, Argentina and the local powers to look in to it. Think Syria is to unstable, get Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel and the neighbors to help stabilize.

I'm not turned off by the idea of intervention, I'm turned off by the idea that America ALWAYS has to be the one to do it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

You're talking about African drought? We try our best and have, tough though, to bomb drought. You need a lot of water bombs.

Im talking Rwandan Genocide, or the civil wars in the Congo, but seeing as you are so well informed on world events go ahead and cheer the march to war.
edit on 11-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I tell you what. If you feel so strongly about it why not go and see if you can lend a hand? It is a bit off season so air fares should be cheaper... provided you don't wait too much longer.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Not America alone, it'll probably be Turkey, France, a few others NATO allies in the mix. Three months, war over. Sure they'll be mad and be sucking their soothers, but at least the violence meter will be down significantly.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I pay my taxes. I'm a "worker bee"

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes, because intervention has worked so well in Afghanistan, and Iraq, right? I am sure that there are no more bad people there, and I believe 100% of the people in both countries love the US/NATO (West), and are going to pay us back for all of our troubles. No more terrorists there, either. Let's do this.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Hah I knew some would be "snippy" at the prospect of ending this bloody carnage.

I could do you an ATS disservice by typing negative words but won't..

Think intervention in Syria is a silly idea? So be it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I pay my taxes. I'm a "worker bee"

Allow me to educate you than.

Below is a list of ONGOING conflicts in Africa, note the cumulative death tolls.

This does not include the ones that have ceased fighting where the west was silent in the past decade or so.

Somali Civil War 500,000
Sudanese nomadic conflicts 7,441
Sudan internal conflict (2011–present)2,367
Northern Mali conflict (2012–present) 3,461]

BUT no syria had 70k killed lets go stop that.

You are being manipulated.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You seem to buy into the fantasy that the US only steps in AFTER bad things happen.

In reality, we foment the dissent and civil wars, and then use it as an excuse to go in for "humanitarian" reasons.

Syria had no issues before we started arming Al Qaeda rebels....many of who probably aren't even Syrian.

Do you not know what is going on here? Do you not see Syria as a way to take down Iran? Can you not see our dirty fingerprints all over the supposed "Arab Spring"? When all the protestors over there were holding signs printed in perfect English, while supposedly protesting local events, that should have been a big fat clue right there. A pathetic pretend situation set up for American mainstream media.

We cause the problem, and then pretend to go in and "solve it".

I was going to say that I cannot believe that somebody on a site such as ATS would be so completely blind to the machinations of our sick foreign policy, but lately, I cannot say that anymore, cause y'all are EVERYWHERE on here.

Do me a favor. Please read the following from the Brookings Institute, and after you are done, and you still believe that this wasn't pre-planned, and that we actually give a damn about a population in distress, then I have some fabulous beachfront property in Arizona that I think would be just perfect for you.

www.brookings.edu...

link   

reply to post by benrl

Hah I knew some would be "snippy" at the prospect of ending this bloody carnage.

You are asking to start one bloody carnage to end another if you think about it. Syria is not Libya.

link   

reply to post by benrl

Sorry if my being appalled at your ignorance comes off as snippy.

I will leave you in your bliss, good day sir.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You are off topic. This isn't a thread for intervening in Africa, or Botswana or Algeria. This is a thread about Syria. It doesn't make your points invalid, no. It's just that the thread is about Syria.

Either the Rebels or Assad bombed a NATO country today. In case you didn't hear.

That, my friend, is considered a "No-no"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join