It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Game. It's time for Western Military Intervention in Syria.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by theMediator

While I don't doubt that there are foreign elements involved, there is also the fact that many many Syrians were oppressed by Assads regime, and that he did a disgusting job handling the first hints of protest.
Actually the word "disgusting" doesn't really cut it.

He shot protesters. That (imo) is a war crime/crime against humanity.

Assad is no angel. No matter how good his propaganda machine is.
Believe it.

or not

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

When will you learn that meddling in others affairs is a no no?
How did that turn out in Afghanistan where we funded the mujaheddin against the soviets?
They gained power with our help and turned into the Taliban and then bombed us.

The ones fighting Assad are not on our side nor is Assad. They will willingly take our arms and help though to defeat one of their enemies, until they then turn on us further down the road.

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend.
edit on 12-5-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I support the following;Short of flip-flopping,armed intervention or support for either side, i believe it's time to meddle with affairs,Syria is fast becoming a frankenstein that cannot be contained.
now.mmedia.me...
edit on 12-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Sadly if we go in the killing will only get worse! We are probably the reason it's happening anyway. Most CIA agents are against any unification of middle eastern people. Think about it we've done so much to them as an outside force there is no way that religious beliefs would keep them from uniting. They believe in the same stuff anyway. Just different home life beliefs. So what I'm saying here is. Someone is using alot of persuasion to keep them fighting eachother. Now ask yourselves who doesn't want them to unite?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wonder how the Bosnians and Serbs would have made out if NATO didn't interject..

Just peachy I'd imagine

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"End Game'" LMAO

They have fought for centuries - it will NEVER change - GROW UP - NOT our place

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

End game for both the Rebels and Assad.
(Hopefully)... They've had their chance to make nice. Now it's time to make them make nice...if there's anything left of them when the dust settles.
Give Syria back to the people. . If that's possible.
If not then simply cut up the pie. Russia, Britain, USA, France
-like I said. You know the drill. If they can't get their house in order...
-End Game

time is ticking...
edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't know if your aware.. but "Western Military" HAS intervened. We have been arming the rebels... you know.. those same "terrorists" who attacked our country? Yeah.. we've been giving them weapons. And I would bet a dollar that we have special forces on the ground there already.

Also, Israel has decided that they will be bombing the hell out of everyone and anyone in Syria. If the US steps in now, and starts working in tandem with the terrorists.. I mean Israel... then that will just ignite a sh@% storm over there like we've never seen.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Yes I'm aware, That generally will happen when a country becomes unstable. Especially if said country has a Dictator, crazy Snackbar rebels, and weapons that could be used and abused by either side.
Eyes and ears on the ground.
As I said both sides are a danger to the region.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Also, Israel has decided that they will be bombing the hell out of everyone and anyone in Syria. If the US steps in now, and starts working in tandem with the terrorists.. I mean Israel... then that will just ignite a sh@% storm over there like we've never seen.
I haven't kept up with the news. I know that Israel took two (or three, depending on how you count) bombing raids against concentrations of weapons and ammo. Has there been something else? I'm a little confused by your "everyone and anyone" comment.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Israel acts in israels interests...they dont quibble or hesitate to do so.
Turkey is a natural to do the ground work, with some coaching from the sidelines...their military is more than capable.
The US in Syria with regular troops would stir the whole area up.
Turkey is the one country thats both ready,willing, and it had a great stake in its neighbours stability.
Further more Turkey would be able to relate to the Syrian peoples better than our boys.....
I think they are working up some excuses right now actually....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Israel acts in israels interests...they dont quibble or hesitate to do so.
It is a bit of a Hodge Podge over there, and we ,the US are in the thick of it.

We fully Support a Terrorist Nation. the Israeli's.

We are Arming terrorist in Syria, Al Qaeda.

It's a real Good thing we are War with TERRORISM.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Actually you have me thinking.

RUSSIANS BEAT NATO INTO KOSOVO; PEACEKEEPING OPERATION BEGINS AS PEOPLE CHEER.

NATO troops entered Kosovo on Saturday as dawn was breaking, hours after NATO was confounded by Russia's surprise entry into Pristina, the capital, which the allied forces plan to make their headquarters for returning a million local Albanians to their homes. British paratroopers lifted off on schedule to secure strategic hills overlooking the highway to Pristina, only 60 miles away across the border. And NATO's main advance elements, led by a British armored force, passed the border post here starting at 5:20 a.m. Brig. Adrian Freer met with the Yugoslavs to discuss last-minute details, then led his convoy, numbering about 2,000 troops, in toward Pristina.

Maybe the Ruskies should get in there and "stabilize" their Ally...

Just a thought..

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is Libya a better place now after we stepped in?

Same can be asked for Egypt...Yes I know we never bombed anyone but U.S. Government certainly supported the fall of Mubarak and the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood (Terrorists).

While we're at we should invade Mexico. Now that's a place with extreme violence that has been going on longer than the war in Syria and is only getting worse.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ruderalis1

Well I guess that depends on when we stepped in.
Did we (sorry I mean "The West" -step in months before the revolution began? Years? Decades?

During the Revolution I think yes. It's a better place now as opposed to then.
Before, definitely No.
But if that war had ground on for five years I'd imagine that Egypt would be gone. (Infrastructure, antiques, the pyramids would probably be blown up sort of deal.

edit on 13-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have to say , when you see this type of madness in their point of view, what would they say about us, the west US if we went and did an air strike like Israel did ?? here is link that explains it all, you have to read it twice to let it sink in www.israelnationalnews.com... from the link

Syrian Opposition: Israel Conspiring to Keep Assad in Power
A commander in the Syrian opposition says Israel collaborating with Iran and Hizbullah to keep Assad in power.
AAFont Size
By Elad Benari
First Publish: 5/13/2013, 6:42 AM

Syria's opposition coalition meeting in Istanbul
Syria's opposition coalition meeting in Istanbul
AFP photo

A commander in the Syrian opposition said on Sunday that President Bashar al-Assad's regime has been defeated, but accused Israel of collaborating to keep Assad in power, the Turkish daily Today’s Zaman reports.

The commander, Abdulkader Saleh of the al-Tawhid Brigade, said the Assad regime does not have the strength to carry on its battle against opposition fighters, adding that Iran and Hizbullah are the forces behind the protracted war.

“Iran and Hizbullah are the ones who are continuing the war in Syria,” Saleh was quoted as having told the Cihan news agency, adding that the war is between the Syrian people and Iran and the Shiite terror group. The al-Tawhid Brigade is one of the largest opposition groups operating in Aleppo.

“Iranians see Syria as the 35th province of [their country]. … Many Iranian authorities have voiced this as well. It is obvious that Iran and Hizbullah are also included in the Syrian war. … The fact that Hizbullah has begun offensives in Idlib's al-Kusair region is evidence of this,” said Saleh.

He then he hinted about a cooperation between Iran and Israel for Assad's victory.

“Furthermore, Iran and Hizbullah are cooperating with Israel to be able to support Assad. Assad has protected Israel's border for 40 years,” said the al-Tawhid Brigade commander, according to Today’s Zaman.

“The opposition was going to take over arms, so Israel attacked,” he added, referring to recent alleged Israeli airstrikes in Syria. “There is evidence pointing to this. There were some high-ranking officers with whom [the opposition forces] got into contact. [Those officers] were going to defect from [the Assad administration], handing over arms to the opposition. Israel hit these posts in fear that the opposition would take over the arms.”

“The arms included heavy artillery as well as air defense systems. This assault, of course, was intended to support the Assad administration,” Saleh explained.

Recent reports in a Saudi daily indicated that over 1,000 Hizbullah members had entered Syria over a period of a few days via waterways in the Mediterranean Sea.

Last July, as the ongoing civil war in Syria continued, the terror group led by Hassan Nasrallah publicly offered to place itself at Assad’s disposal.

But already several months earlier, a soldier from the Free Syrian Army told The Independent newspaper, published in the UK, that Hizbullah's Shiite Muslim terrorists are full military allies of the Syrian army and that "everyone knows they have fighters there."

Rejecting claims that opposition forces had used chemical weapons in Syria, Saleh said Assad's regime has used toxic substances many times.

“[Chemical weapons] have been used in Damascus's Ghouta, Homs and now in Aleppo's Khan al-Assal region. These attacks indicate the regime's demise,” said the opposition commander, according to Today’s Zaman.

He denounced the international community, the EU and the U.S.'s indifference to chemical weapons use. “This shows the international community's cooperation with Assad's regime,” he added.

Stressing that their fight is not sectarian, Saleh said the opposition forces do not want to be referred to as “opponents.”

“We are a nation defending itself in an effort to get rid of this oppressive regime. Our fight is a fight for freedom and liberty,” he added.
and yet they are asking for the Us to get in there to help them defeat Assad?? I can see the writing on the wall " US teams up with Israel to keep Assad in power" what we say and think does not matter, it is what they say and think that does,

“Furthermore,Iran and Hizbullah are cooperating with Israel to be able to support Assad. Assad has protected Israel's border for 40 years," said the al-Tawhid Brigade commander, according to Today’s Zaman.

yet there will be the ones that will say "we have to send in troops to make peace" to them I say, can you not see... by their own word's.... they do not want peace!!; but to shed blood, and it does not matter whose blood, as long as it is blood that is shed.

edit on 13-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by ruderalis1

Well I guess that depends on when we stepped in.
Did we (sorry I mean "The West" -step in months before the revolution began? Years? Decades?

During the Revolution I think yes. It's a better place now as opposed to then.
Before, definitely No.
But if that war had ground on for five years I'd imagine that Egypt would be gone. (Infrastructure, antiques, the pyramids would probably be blown up sort of deal.

edit on 13-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Explain how things were worse when Gaddafi was in power. Before he came into power the Literacy rate was 10%(went to to 90% literacy rate when the "Jamahiriya" system was established) 40% of the population lived in primitive conditions (Caves,tents,shanties etc) and the life expectancy was 57 Years.

Libya's Human Development index (2010) was the highest in Africa and was considered greater than Saudi Arabia. The country was mostly debt free and Gaddafi Adopted the Gold Dinar(You know...Backing your currency with something rather than printing worthless paper) with plans to trade oil for gold(In other words he didnt want to be bound to trading with the U.S. dollar).

Ever hear of the Great Manmade River? The worlds largest irrigation system that accounts for a whopping 70% of the country's fresh water. With the Great Manmade River this allowed agriculture to boom in the country like never before.

I can keep going on about the good things about Libya while Gaddafi was in power but I dont feel like I need to actually. Was Gaddafi a saint? No. But neither is Obama or any president before him for that matter. The U.S. Government is faaaaaaaaar from perfect and has committed many crimes all over the world. Its funny that we brand Gaddafi as a bad guy but we turn around and Support Mohamed Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Oh and lets ask the Christians how good they have it under the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Seriously...We support Allahu Akbar yelling terrorists

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A no fly zone has been ruled out by the Joint Chiefs, they point out that only 10% of casualties are the result of the Syrian air force and that it would be very difficult to enforce compared to Libya.

President Obama has asked the Pentagon to draw up plans for a no fly zone in Syria

twitter.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 28-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join