It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theologians - making the clear into the obscure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You had to clarify GOD'S intent in the making of the bible.

Jeremiah 31:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. ----There is one reference. The rest of your reply seems to suggest God has not told us the how and why of the Word. He has. All you need to do is pay attention.

The passage has nothing to do with god's intent in the making of the bible. Actually, it makes the bible irrelevant if god's words are already written in our minds and hearts. Do you see that?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

"And the disciples came and said to Him, 'Why do You speak to them in parables?' He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. ...

Try to understand this, EWR. WHY would Jesus speak to anyone that he KNEW wouldn't understand??? It's like a physicist talking to me on scientific formulas when he KNEW I wouldn't have a CLUE of what he was saying. It's a total waste of his time. Answer in both cases, he wouldn't.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Jeremiah 31:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. ----There is one reference. The rest of your reply seems to suggest God has not told us the how and why of the Word. He has. All you need to do is pay attention.

The passage has nothing to do with god's intent in the making of the bible. Actually, it makes the bible irrelevant if god's words are already written in our minds and hearts. Do you see that?

If you read the thread, I have already pointed this out. We must first read the word in our hearts to know the reflection in the Bible. At times, the Bible opens our hearts. Either way, they match. The Bible is a mirror. It's a light you see yourself by.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

"And the disciples came and said to Him, 'Why do You speak to them in parables?' He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. ...

Try to understand this, EWR. WHY would Jesus speak to anyone that he KNEW wouldn't understand??? It's like a physicist talking to me on scientific formulas when he KNEW I wouldn't have a CLUE of what he was saying. It's a total waste of his time. Answer in both cases, he wouldn't.

The same reason I am here speaking to those who do not listen. The reason is simple. Some do listen and they will pass by this place as well. By comparing and contrasting truth against ignorance, they will deny one for the other. Truth always rises because it is not dense. Ignorance is dense and will always sink. There are many reasonable minds that will pass by and see the truth.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If you read the thread, I have already pointed this out. We must first read the word in our hearts to know the reflection in the Bible. At times, the Bible opens our hearts. Either way, they match. The Bible is a mirror. It's a light you see yourself by.

But I don't think you fully understand what you are pointing out. You are defending the notion that the bible was written for a select few to interpret for the masses. First it was written for a few Jews, then the torch was passed to a few Christians. Well, what happened to the Jews? Did the laws suddenly fall out of their minds and hearts so that bible suddenly became gibberish to them?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The same reason I am here speaking to those who do not listen. The reason is simple. Some do listen and they will pass by this place as well. By comparing and contrasting truth against ignorance, they will deny one for the other. Truth always rises because it is not dense. Ignorance is dense and will always sink. There are many reasonable minds that will pass by and see the truth.

Well, ya got me there! I'm hoping for the same thing!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you implying that Jesus COULDN'T have said what you wrote? He couldn't have said: Such basic needs should not be the focus of one's life? I say he could have, but that is not what he said, now is it?

Why would Jesus need to say exactly what I wrote? Even in his own words, its obvious he is teaching people not to be materialistic and to focus on the world to come. That is how I and many other people interpret the main theme of this speech.

Read the surrounding verses...

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth... But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven

You cannot serve both God and money.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink .... Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air... and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.

See how the flowers of the field grow....not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

He said god will feed and clothe you.

There are so many ways to understand this one.
Maybe he was referring to a select group of people during a certain era, while remaining silent on other people of a different era to come.

Or perhaps, feeding and clothing could refer to the kind in the afterlife.

But whatever he meant, it does not undermine Gods sovereignty, which is independent of what Jesus may have said. God tests people by good and bad. But Being prosperous does not always mean one is blessed, and being miserable does not always mean one is cursed.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The way I figure it is that most noted theologians were simply intelligent men trying to justify a religion that made no sense to their rational mind. They are trying to convince themselves of various things that make no sense in religion.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sadly enough mankind hasn't evolved an intelligence capable of coherent thought passed American Idol and Reality tv garbage.

So yes I do believe the bible has ot be explained to people.

Especially people who can't think outside the household's hive intelligence.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Look what your doing here. The very thing your ranting about.

Death ain't got you yet but hypocrisy holds your gonads!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The bible is a pretty "dense" book wouldn't you say?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

the Bible was written by about 48
men over a period of 3000 years.

dense?
intense? yes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join