It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul says Gang of 8 Sneaking National ID Card in Immigration Reform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ron Paul: Gang of 8 Hiding National ID Card in Immigration Reform

[Ron Paul] is robo-calling his supporters to sign a petition against the inclusion of a National ID card in immigration reform negotiations. From the petition: Right now, freedom-stealing Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY), banding together with other statists from both parties, are scheming to sneak a massive power grab into a new “immigration reform” bill. If passed, it would require every American to obtain a National ID card to work legally in the U.S. – and you can bet it will be only a matter of time until they’re required even for simple purchases. Ron Paul calls the current proposals “by far the worst national ID card the statists have come up with yet.” And he blames the “Gang of 8,” which includes Lindsey Graham, John McCain, and Chuck Schumer, for working with Obama to “sneak a national ID” into an immigration reform bill. ”A statist’s dream,” Paul decries. According to Paul, the national ID would create a new federal database with biometric information on all citizens and those who work within the United States. He claims that, in short time, it would be illegal for anyone to have a job without an ID card. “Every time any citizen applies for a job, the government will know…[and] once the government bureaucrats know exactly how we run our lives, they will try and control them.”

I tried to find an online copy of the proposed reform and located this PDF from the Gang of 8:

Immigration Reform Bill

Even though it is a gigantic mess of a bill, there was this snippet that seems to address this concern on page 419 of the proposed bill:

‘‘(8) NO AUTHORIZATION OF NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARDS.—Nothing in this section may be construed to directly or indirectly authorize the issuance, use, or establishment of a national identification card.

Not sure if this is the latest, but best I could find. If anyone has more better info, please post.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the point is. We have a National ID card called the Real ID. It does everything that a biometric ID is intended to do, and puts you in a national database, with internationally accepted biometric format. Why do you think that when they were looking for suspects in Boston, they were using facial recognition to compare the photos against the Drivers Licenses, Visa, and Passport databases? Its because they already have all the information on anyone who has gotten one of these identification cards, and are already implementing those biometrics in tracking people.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Not saying this is the reason for the "alarm", but there is a fund-raiser tied to the petition that is in the article and with the robo call. I am presenting this because I am puzzled, too. Obviously it was an issue to somebody or they would not have put the clause in the proposed bill. Need more info.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just Ron Paul trying to rile up his base so he can get more $$$

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

All I know is this: The faster anyone in Washington tries to push through a bill, the more it's designed to remove what remains of our liberties. History has shown it to be true in every case, without exception, since 9/11.

However innocuous a bill appears to be on the surface, you'd best find out what they're not telling you. I'm guessing we'll never see the final draft of this bill before it's passed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The only points that I can think of as to why they would push this are:

1) There is a lot of propaganda out there that the Real ID hasn't worked. That is simply not true, and I suspect that it has been released to keep people from realizing what the Real ID actually is. Every state except one is complying with the Real ID act, even ones that passed laws against it. Maybe these guys got suckered by the governments own “the Real ID is failing” BS.

2) There is nothing right now that makes it a legal requirement to get a Real ID. However, living without one is difficult (I can tell you from personal experience here).

3) There is no law requiring that you MUST have a Real ID as a “Class A” identification document for proof of employment. There are still other documents that you can still use, but lack of one already makes it difficult to get or retain a job.

Anyone pushing for the Real ID, or any other National ID card needs to be voted out of office ASAP. Folks don't realize that the new Drivers Licenses use Biometric Facial Recognition that is utilized for tracking them in real time. Various states, including mine, have installed these FR tracking cameras all over the place.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Just Ron Paul trying to rile up his base so he can get more $$$

Is that the best thing you have to offer for the discussion?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Help me out to understand..

I thought not all states had Real ID?...just checked, 19 states are compliant Kudos to those states fighting against it.

Could this be Ron Paul trying to block the backdoor in this new reform in immigration in that all new immigrants will get a nation bio ID card, that would eventually spread to all citizens in the states that already oppose Real ID?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

What they have done is make so many “benchmarks”, but the really bad one is the Facial Recognition images. States are in varying degrees of compliance, but the FR one is really the only one they want because it gives them total tracking control. States that have passed laws against the Real ID such as Oklahoma or Missouri have still complied by bypassing the law and saying that their DMV department “changed internal procedures”. Other states have “enhanced drivers licenses” which are the same thing as the Real ID with a different name.

Up until the Boston incident they “claimed” that all the biometric data was stored only at the individual state level, but after that happened they reported to the news that the feds were checking the photos against the drivers license database, which means they had been lying and this is not at the state level.

I'll actually even go one further and tell you that its at the International level, and this is the same system that is used in other countries National ID's, E-Passports, Visa's, and Drivers Licenses. That is why they all follow the United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization Format.

Right now NO states are fighting against it, they are afraid to because they will lose all federal funding, and their constituents will lose the ability to fly and enter federal buildings. There is a fight in MO right now, but only because private citizens caught them breaking their own law.

edit on 5/10/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes you should for this is part of the *84" that is Big Bro is watching you , know you and tracking you, this was planed back in the 60 early 70's , it is all part of the BAR code, your a number , but to put a face to that number was the challenge for how are they to know your you?, Or be you to them, any one can get a number Fake ID , but a face, or finger print, this can not be copied this is what makes you , you.

Now it has come full fledged 1984! smart phone, web cams, street cams, cams every where you go, got a card any card that is new, say issued after 2010 take a look at it , notice anything out of the ordinary like 3d or a thing that look like a copper field this is the ant that can transmit and receive, touch and go , na pass and go, 20 15 16 is when all by the face or hand you ll need not to pull cad out of wallet just show your face or finger, cash will be the next to go

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

not to burst you bubble, but from your link

On Dec. 20, the Department of Homeland Security issued a press release announcing that beginning on Jan. 15, 2013, those states that are not in compliance with the REAL ID standards will receive a temporary deferment of enforcement, of at least six months, during which federal agencies will continue to accept state-issued drivers licenses and identification cards from those states for boarding commercial aircraft and other official purposes. Following this minimum period of six months of non-enforcement, DHS will announce, no later than Fall 2013, a schedule for phased-in enforcement. While DHS did not offer a specific date as to when phased-in enforcement would begin, they did note that the announcement of phased-in enforcement will not result in immediate enforcement.
so what will make the states become DHS compliant? No GOV aid, FEMA relief if when needed, TAX reduction or forbearance, Road or infrastructure aid, [like there is one now] just to name a few.

edit on 10-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

This proposed bill is over 800 pages - and we expect our representatives to review them all. It's easy to see how unsavory tidbits get passed without representative or people being fully aware.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I was following the thread for a while of the fight MO was putting up, but wasn`t aware of this being enforced across the US or lose Federal funding and the ability to fly or enter a Federal building,thanks Defcon5.

This whole topic is one of the most serious and sinister steps of a NWO enslavement that I`ve heard, fat load! of good all the personal pro-guns crowd did on protecting you or saving you guys from a tyrannical Government. The whole country should stop and sit this out and say "NO!" until its reversed if they knew whats good for them, but we know thats not gonna happen.All other countries that are being made to conform to control will shortly follow.

bekod of coarse your right with the 1984 analogy we have been waiting and expecting it,the bio FR fingerprint will still carry stored data with your bar code, no doubt.

I can`t believe on ATS a conspiracy site that this topic hasn`t gone through the roof! of all the years we`ve been watching and waiting and its not even a main topic? outragerous and feel quite disapointed and disillusioned that this community had very little to no affect on getting word out, if the majority of ATS can`t even see the magnitude in it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just remember, the only reason you need an ID is to be denied some right which you have now without ID.

Freedom comes from anonymity, and slavery is implemented through Identification marks.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

I can understand the need for identification, but this level of ID that they are practically inforcing is biblically warned about.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
We Got To Pass The Immigration Reform Bill To See Whats In It. "It's going to be very, very exciting.
Then We the Congressmen and Senators. can work towards excluding our self's just like the we did with obamacare.

i can hear them now.

edit on 10-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

True, Obfuscation has become the greatest tool of the politicians. It worked wonders for the Obamacare bill. They told us that we had to pass the bill to see what's in it, and we actually let it happen.

Now every bill if far too long and is forced through the process far to quickly, and the the criminals in Washington happily pass them without knowing what they're signing on to, and they do it happily.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Facial recognition is being further refined as time goes on. It is but one way of tracking people and is easy enough to defeat.

Grow a beard, wear a hat with visor or brim and sunglasses. Remember to tip your hat as you round each corner.

The various IDs that record your whereabouts when you shop or bank are also easily defeated... pay cash. Thats going to change.

Take the bus or ride a bike. Don't hold a job, or an address. Live under a bridge and dive dumpsters for cans and recyclables.

Become obvious for your refusal to participate. The other option is to move out of the country. Otherwise you are filed and monitored, period. Each tiny new erosion of your rights will pull you a little further along to becoming a slave, regardless. You are already too committed to back out now. You have responsibilities and commitments which are too tough to walk away from.

Rots of ruck...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

that's because it deals with things that do not exist, 1984, NWO, and People Tracking, and or Watching.

They still have their heads stuck in the sand , but if we should yell all at once ""told ya so""it would fall on death ears,for that are plugged with sand.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer
thf..._media.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/pdf/sr133.pdf
(copy and paste for full article)

Robert Rector and Jason Richwine, PhD
Executive Summary
Unlawful immigration and amnesty for cur¬rent unlawful immigrants can pose large fiscal costs for U.S. taxpayers. Government provides four types of benefits and services that are relevant to this issue:
Direct benefits. These include Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.
Means-tested welfare benefits. There are over 80 of these programs which, at a cost of nearly $900 billion per year, provide cash, food, housing, medical, and other services to roughly 100 million low-income Americans. Major programs include Medicaid, food stamps, the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit, public housing, Supplemental Security Income, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
Public education. At a cost of $12,300 per pupil per year, these services are largely free or heavily subsidized for low-income parents.
Population-based services. Police, fire, high¬ways, parks, and similar services, as the National Academy of Sciences determined in its study of the fiscal costs of immigration, generally have to expand as new immigrants enter a community; someone has to bear the cost of that expansion.

A MUST READ

top topics

<<   2 >>

join