It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Barrister - "Age of Consent Should Be 13 - To End The Persecution Of Old Men"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

It is all about being appropriate. Laws need to be appropriate to the country, culture, and educational system and CAPACITY of the prisons of the country.

I just need to make sure I am getting this right. .. ..

So, you think that perusing charges against a criminal is Not appropriate? Especially when it concerns children's lives because it Inconveniences the Penal System?

Also, .. We have too many people in prison because they Have Broken the Laws. They have NOT been burdened by people that are Not convicted criminals.

Maybe you should educate yourself in the Area of Crime and Punishment.

Though I might argue that Now and again, ... Very Seldom, .. is someone imprisoned that did Not commit a crime.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Didn't those old pervs get convicted of groping those girls?

Isnt it illegal to grope someone of any age?

With that stated the pedophile issue has been turned into a witch hunt.

Any adult accused, it seems is convicted without any evidence.

There are teens more than willing to seduce an adult, and to lie about the outcome.

Or to lie out of malice.

It really should be a case by case issue.

And teens with teens is not a crime.

That being said, it was the high school girls dating guys out of high school who typically got pregnant.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So because groping, kissing a child or molesting are not as bad as gang rapes and murders that means it shouldn't still be illegal? What about robbing a store? that's illegal too, but it isn't as bad as killing someone so it shouldn't be illegal? Not paying taxes doesn't physically hurt anyone so that shouldn't be mandatory either. Evading police, beating someone, ect.. so many things are far less comparable to murder or gang rape, but they are still very much illegal.

What a short sighted dimwitted woman she is.

edit on 9-5-2013 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you find it offense for someone to tell you that its wrong for a 15 year old to have sex with a 13 year old then that’s just tough, that’s my view and I am sticking to it.

How can it be wrong when they are both teenagers? AoC only applies when only one of the couple is underaged. Its not illegal for underage people to have sex among themselves, and it should not be (as its not immoral and there is no exploitation). The age difference is just 2 years.. Most states even in America have so called Romeo and Juliet clauses, meaning that when the age difference is below some number, sex is never a crime due to ages. And who is the victim, do you think when two underage people have consentual sex, they rape each other? Ridiculous. Half of population would be rapists by this logic..

Are you seriously comparing a grown adult having sex with a 13 year old with a 15 year old having sex with a 13 year old? Only the first should be a crime, as when it comes to sex its not the absolute ages that are the problem, its the difference between them.

edit on 10/5/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
when i was 15 i managed to seduce a 32 year old woman.

i actively pursued it and succeeded.. what law covers that?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Your quote

There are teens more than willing to seduce an adult?

Seriously??...You make it sound as if an 'adult' has no self control? has neither the

ability or desire to stay within the law! Were talking about under 16's here below the

age of consent!

The Laws are there for a purpose ...to protect them from themselves, we are all aware that

you can't tell teens anything they know it all After all they invented sex!

Didn't they??

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The law is the law and the same for everyone

A 15 year old is not exempt from prosecution for stealing from a store, so they should not

be exempt from breaking the law for underage sex.

Law's cannot be 'tailored' to suit individuals!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

If it had come out She would have been prosecuted for having underage sex

with you. She was the adult and therefor should have known better.

There have been recent prosecutions for that very same situation

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Law's cannot be 'tailored' to suit individuals!!

Yes, they can and indeed they should. In fact, instead of a blanket number it would be best if every case was evaluated individually to determine if there was harm done or whether the power difference was large enough. Underage people often get lower punishments. And underage sex is legal in plenty of countries, I wonder why is that?

Because contrary to common misconceptions, it is the age (power) difference why sex with underage people should be illegal. Thats the sole reason that makes any sense.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Thank god someone has said it, someone 'high up', whose opinions will be seriously considered.

I am sick to death of hearing the words 'pedo' and 'pedophile' and 'old perv' (ageist much) in this stupid little country with one obsession and mob mentality.

This relentless persecution of elderly, well known men reminds me of the Nazi show trials that took place after the attempt on Hitler's life.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm not condoning this, but back in the day it was quite common for men to marry young teens.

Rocker Jerry Lee Lewis and his 13yo wife

Elvis dated Priscilla when she was 14 years old.

Maybe it's a Music Industry thing?

edit on 10-5-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Absolutely astonishing!

I think we all know exactly the intentions this wanna be pedo barrister has in mind!

I seriously hope he does not have any children!

This is the United Kingdom, not Islamabad!

edit on 10-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Absolutely astonishing!

I think we all know exactly the intentions this wanna be pedo barrister has in mind!

I seriously hope he does not have any children!

This is the United Kingdom, not Islamabad!

His name is Barbara.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

I thought someone had dug up Jimmy Savile and got him a law degree! LoL

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

"I'm not condoning this, but back in the day it was quite common for men to marry young teens."

We also used to hang people for the crime of stealing a horse and incarcerate homosexuals!

Its called progress!

edit on 10-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
In the Vatican the age of consent is 12…..

That's obviously to protect the vast amount of paedophiles that reside there.

Seems the British paedophiles have seen this and worked out it would protect them too. Smart move getting a female spokesperson...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why is it that the aristocratic tend to like having sex with young women and boys?
Very strange.
Makes you wonder how many girls get molested by rich white men.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I am entitled to my opinion, what is legally right and wrong and what is morally right and wrong by ones individual moral compass are two entirely different things. Technically in the UK it is illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to engage in sexual intercourse so legally it was wrong. Its just like how it’s illegal to smoke under the age of 18.

That however really is beside the point, you could quite rightly say that’s beside the point because we were both consenting and both underage.

For me this is more of an issue of morality than it is legality, I find it morally reprehensible that any 15 year old of sound mind would engage in sexual intercourse with a girl that is 13. At the age of 15 you know that to have sex with a girl of that age is both socially and morally unacceptable.

Those are my views, if you disagree then that is fine, you are welcome to do so, just don’t expect me to suddenly come round to your way of thinking and apologise for what I have said and start comforting your consciences telling you that it was ok.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I find it morally reprehensible that any 15 year old of sound mind would engage in sexual intercourse with a girl that is 13. At the age of 15 you know that to have sex with a girl of that age is both socially and morally unacceptable.

What? why? I seriously dont understand why do you think its socially or morally unacceptable as a teenager to have sex with a girl thats just 2 years younger than you. I dont find it immoral or socially weird, not even a little bit. Many girls in my high school dated slightly older boys one or two classes up, and no one considered it immoral or weird. Girls mature sooner than boys after all, and teenage couples where the boy is a bit older than the girl are pretty common.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I found a great article here which will demonstrate what i have to say here regarding this:
Click here

In his excellent study, When Nations Die, Jim Nelson Black identifies ten factors that have appeared in great civilizations of the past and led to their decline and fall. In some cultures, Black observes, as few as three or four of these symptoms of social, cultural, and moral decline would be enough to bring a society to the point of imminent collapse. The list includes
1. Increase in lawlessness
2. Loss of economic discipline
3. Rising bureaucracy
4. Decline in education
5. Weakening of cultural foundations
6. Loss of respect for traditions
7. Increase in materialism
8. Rise in immorality
9. Decay of religious belief
10. Devaluing of human life

Society is collapsing as you can see around the globe, you will agree with the above, make no mistake they are occurring.

Consent at age 13 is very morally disturbing, very disturbing. The alarm bells should be ringing very loud & clear here BUT most are asleep. I hope society wakes up before we as a civilization perish. This should be a dire warning to most.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join