It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamo PT-85 co2 air pistol.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hi,
Does anyone own and use the Gamo PT-85 co2 air pistol? If so have you had any issues with them and how accurate and loud is it?
I'm asking because i'm thinking of possibly getting one myself and i wanted to get some opinions first.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You should stay away from CO2 becuase in a survival situation CO2 will be hard to come by. They have some nice air powered rifles that are up to 1200fps

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
pt85 video

I'm not sure how reliable it is but here's a link to a video of one being fired. It will give you a sense of how load it is. The cool thing I found is that the higher you turn your volume up, the louder the gun is. Good Luck!
edit on 8-5-2013 by BattlePlastic because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by BattlePlastic because: General Fuggery

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

Gamo has the best pellets on the market and some real great guns too.
That said, I cannot speak for this one for the reason DC4life outlined.
I only own air power spring airguns.
edit on 8-5-2013 by g146541 because: typur broked

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In all seriousness though, I like the CO2 pistols but prefer air powered rifles when I want to shoot without going to the range. Gamo makes one of the best if not THE best out there. There's a youtube video of hog hunting with a Gamo somewhere.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

It going to be for target shooting and maybe the occasional wild rat and i think 450 fps with pointed hunting pellets should sufficient to kill a wild rat if i aim right.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: spelling correction

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BattlePlastic

Good to know. Thanks for posting what you have posted!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
On a semi related note, here's a good way to dispatch rats with an air rifle. HERE

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've never tried the pistol, but I have a Gamo BigCat 1200 rifle. It fires regular lead pellets at 1000fps and the Gamo Raptor pellets at 1200fps. Comes with a decent scope [ for an air rifle ] and great for plinking or small game. Accurate as a .22 out to maybe 250 ft. Never shot it farther than that, so it may be a bit longer.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I personally like multi pump air rifles
pistols not so much

My 10 pump .22 crossman is good for anything smaller than a Canada goose at up to 40 yards
Bull frogs, Wrabbits, squirells, ducks, partridge, etc

Somewhat like hunting with a small caliber musket sans noise smoke and recoil

there are some nice ones of other brands out there

a nice telescopic air gun sight and you can drive nails

consistantly
(unlike break open rifles the barrel doesn't seat a little different every shot which makes scoping all but impossible, and big springs/pistons which jump around a lot )

with pre charged air rifles
think .30 .45 or even .50 caliber too

edit on 8-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattlePlastic
In all seriousness though, I like the CO2 pistols but prefer air powered rifles when I want to shoot without going to the range. Gamo makes one of the best if not THE best out there. There's a youtube video of hog hunting with a Gamo somewhere.

Ah, Gamo, is an average brand at best, in the low end region.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracyskeptic
Hi,
Does anyone own and use the Gamo PT-85 co2 air pistol? If so have you had any issues with them and how accurate and loud is it?
I'm asking because i'm thinking of possibly getting one myself and i wanted to get some opinions first.

I don't know what you intend to do with it, but besides some inaccurate plinking, these are pretty useless toys.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveStinger

Originally posted by Conspiracyskeptic
Hi,

I don't know what you intend to do with it, but besides some inaccurate plinking, these are pretty useless toys.

It has a rifled steel barrel and fires .177 cal lead pellets it's not some smoothbore bb gun and it comes in a combo package with 10 x12 gram co2 cartridges,500 gamo .177 cal lead pellets,a thing of 50 paper targets and the pistol itself and at NZ$279.00 it's much cheaper than a stand alone pistol with maybe one spare c02 cartridge which is for most of the air pistols for sale at Gun City NZ$ 499.00-649.00.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding to post.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveStinger

When someone is referring to spending around a bill on an air rifle, gamo is the best out there. We're not talking high end benjamins or Dragon Claw stuff here. Maybe I should have mentioned "Best for the money" before the knit pickers showed up.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

When someone is referring to spending around a bill on an air rifle, gamo is the best out there. We're not talking high end benjamins or Dragon Claw stuff here. Maybe I should have mentioned "Best for the money" before the knit pickers showed up.

Thanks for saying that because i don't really intend to spend hundreds of NZ$ on a stand alone air pistol when i can purchase a conbo package with 10 x12 gram c02 cartridges,500 Gamo .177 cal lead pellets,a thing of 50 paper targets plus the pistol for NZ$ 279.00.So what do you think of that combo package?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
if its your survival why skimp over a couple hun?
for what its worth ( My recommendation )
www.airgundepot.com...

i really recommend the benjamine 392
and for something a little more up scale
try the "filter by" and click PCP
pure airgun happiness

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
if its your survival why skimp over a couple hun?
for what its worth ( My recommendation )
www.airgundepot.com...

i really recommend the benjamine 392
and for something a little more up scale
try the "filter by" and click PCP
pure airgun happiness

Thanks for the link but in order to import guns into NZ you need to fill out a NZ Police firearms import application form and i don't think Gun City NZ sells Benjamine's and i'd rather not go through the hassle of applying for a firearms import permit for just an air pistol.
And it's isn't for survival it will be target shooting and the occasional wild rat.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding to post.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh well
have fun

Here in Canada in many places we still hunt and fish from nessessity
but if you hunted or fished it, at least you know
it isn't rat meat like in China
or Horse meat like in Europe

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I'm sorry for offering my opinion.

No matter how you look at it, Gamo is not "the best" out there, and when you made that comment, nothing was said about price range.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Most people that own pellet guns and air rifles live in places that don't allow their citizens to own "real guns". I used to have a Crossman when I was like 8.

I suppose you could hit a small bird, squirrel or something -- but it'd probably just knock it out and you'd have to bash it's head in. Not exactly a very humane way of procuring your dinner.

I agree with what someone else said, air guns are basically toys for kids, and people that can't own or are to scared to own a "real gun".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join