It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamo PT-85 co2 air pistol.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Most people that own pellet guns and air rifles live in places that don't allow their citizens to own "real guns". I used to have a Crossman when I was like 8.

I suppose you could hit a small bird, squirrel or something -- but it'd probably just knock it out and you'd have to bash it's head in. Not exactly a very humane way of procuring your dinner.

I agree with what someone else said, air guns are basically toys for kids, and people that can't own or are to scared to own a "real gun".

I would say you are quit naive...

I own a Crossman nitro venom (22 caliber). It hits hard and is very accurate (easy .5 group at 30 yards), its hardly a toy. I have yet to see a rabbit or squirrel stand back up after I have gotten a body shot and never after a head shot. A .22 caliber pellet rifle can leave an exit wound just smaller than a dime...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I agree with what someone else said, air guns are basically toys for kids, and people that can't own or are to scared to own a "real gun".

I don´t know if you are refering to me, but I was talking about that CO2 pistol specifically.

I own airguns myself and they are great fun and can be perfect for hunting small game or pest control.

A decent .22 springer will easily take rabbits and such.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Most people that own pellet guns and air rifles live in places that don't allow their citizens to own "real guns". I used to have a Crossman when I was like 8.

I suppose you could hit a small bird, squirrel or something -- but it'd probably just knock it out and you'd have to bash it's head in. Not exactly a very humane way of procuring your dinner.

For you information in NZ where i live we can own "real guns" but you need a NZ Firearms Licence issued by the NZ Police after you send in a filled out application form and paid the application fee then some one from nz police rings you and sets you up with a time for the interview with the arms officers at the police station in the district who interviews you to see weither your suitable to own firearms then you need to take a NZ Mountain Safety firearms lecture then a written test that you need to get 98% correct if you pass the test and the police are happy with the interview results then you get your firearms licence and the basic licence is for a-category sporting firearms bolt action and semiauto but for military style semiautomatics plus pistols/revolvers you need to apply for special endorsments.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding to post/spelling correction

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I have all kinds of 'real guns', I just like to plink with an air rifle. With ammo still in short supply, it's cheaper too.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
While I agree that most airguns have little application for self-defence, they can be quite effective on small game and at the least a good means to practice the fundamentals of marksmanship. Even those models that are basically toys (Red Ryder comes to mind) do an admirable job at helping teach young shooting enthusiasts in the the tennants of shooting safety.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
if you want to go the air rifle route, you should go with something like a pre-charged pneumatic rifle. they can be pumped up with a bike pump, air compressor, or other things, and you can get quite a few shots before you need to refill.

if you're wanting something a little less powerful (with larger caliber pre-charged pneumatics, you can take down deer) i'd go with a single pump rifle.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

F'n a. It is such a hassle to get a firearms licence in NZ, it took over 4 months to get mine. What a drag. I have a mate that bought his combo (the one you mentioned) for $290.00 a while back. As for the pistol itself, pretty accurate within 40-50m, managed to kill a small rabbit with pointed bb. I wouldnt get one myself, but they are a decent air pistol and quite a fun little toy for target shooting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join