It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorist Stabbed Him, Man Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

HOUSTON (CN) - Misinterpreting "Glenn Beck's opinion that the American people must defend themselves against government tyranny," a conspiracy theorist stabbed a man repeatedly, just for saying he was going to deposit money in a bank, the victim claims in court.

I know... I shouldn't..but I can't help wonder. What was this guy's screen name? Hopefully not one we all know here. I think it's entirely possible to take conspiracy theory too far in life, just as moderation need come with everything one pursues or believes. This is what it looks like when all perspective is lost, IMO.

"Moments prior to the assault, plaintiff had informed defendant that plaintiff was going to the bank to make a deposit," the complaint states. "Defendant claimed that banks are evil and part of a conspiracy. Thereafter, defendant stabbed plaintiff with a knife three times in the chest area, and as plaintiff was trying to escape the attack by running away from defendant, defendant, while wielding the knife, chased after plaintiff and tackled him to the ground.

Umm... Really?? Chased him down and stabbed him ... for intending to deposit his money into a bank? Wow.. Now, there is being a believer and then there is having a tin foil hat on so tight, it squeezes common sense right out the ears!

Bennett was charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is free on $30,000 bond , and was ordered not to contact Derr or possess any deadly weapon.

Derr says he is seeking psychological treatment for nightmares he's had since the attack and has "hired a security company for protection."
(Source: Courthouse News)

There really is a place where the buses don't run and Crazytown posts it's city limit signs. This guy went right on past it, as I read this. It sounds like he'll have quality time in private accommodations to consider the nature of his actions, to say the least.

edit on 6-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have a feeling there are more stories like this to come.

This guy (and others like him) will become the symbol of conspiracy theorists.

It will build and build..until...

Dang, I got to be careful what I say.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Some people eventually believe that everything is a conspiracy, and everyone is evil. I think mental illness played a role here. In which case he fed off of it all and went postal.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
only in america
the guy hires a security firm to protect him wtf and i thought you had guns . would have used this man as target practise

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Some people eventually believe that everything is a conspiracy, and everyone is evil. I think mental illness played a role here. In which case he fed off of it all and went postal.

Its the breaking point... When these folks feel like there is no hope in the horizon...
I think these conspiracy websites aren't for the very very common naive folk. You know... the ones that are easily manipulated and are terribly gullible...(that's alot of peoples)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Poor innocent victim and poor misguided truth seeker (conspiracy theorist).

Currency whose intrinsic value is DEBT, and fractional reserve lending/banking are deplorable mechanisms that perpetuate our global economic slavery.

However, violence and murder are more deplorable than the central banking system. "Change" through hostile force will only lead to further suffering.

Peace.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am a conspiracy realist not a theorist.

If it was bank of america i support the stabbing, he should change banks and wont have that problem. Go to a credit union or just use cash.

[snipped off topic material]
edit on Mon May 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Bennett was charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is free on $30,000 bond, and was ordered not to contact Derr or possess any deadly weapon.

It seems dangerous to let a mad man like this back on the streets where there is a bank on almost every corner.

What if he strangles someone?.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

good. let all the idiot conspiracy theorist be branded as lunatics. About 90% of the people on here don't even know jack # about the secret mysteries. Everyone here is completely off course and don't know their ass from their head.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I know... I shouldn't..but I can't help wonder.......

What is is Infowars or PrisonPlanet avatar? You know he's a member, come on, you KNOW he is.

This is how we become terrorists people, enough crazies start acting crazy in public and the masses will demand to be protected from us.

If you see something, say something, right?

Dude fires 40 something rounds from an AK at cops, defending against tyranny, dude stabs another dude because he's going to the bank...

Yup, sounds about like any infowars comment page i've ever seen.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by twigbaby

Bennett was charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is free on $30,000 bond, and was ordered not to contact Derr or possess any deadly weapon.

It seems dangerous to let a mad man like this back on the streets where there is a bank on almost every corner.

What if he strangles someone?.

Is someone going to go to his house and remove every knife in the kitchen?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

good. let all the idiot conspiracy theorist be branded as lunatics. About 90% of the people on here don't even know jack # about the secret mysteries. Everyone here is completely off course and don't know their ass from their head.

Are you in the 90%? going from the quality of posts i've read from you, today alone, i suggest that you are, in fact, part of the ass-head confusing 90%.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

The guy attacks and stabs a guy i nthe chest several times, to me that's attempted murder, but to the courts it's assault with a weapon.

Are you seriously suggesting he should be left on the streets? If someone shoots someone with a gun, you don't go to their home, take the guns, and say carry on. he serves time.

the knife did nothing wrong, it's a tool, used by a tool, who was probably worked up into a frenzy by a loud mouthed tool from Austin Texas.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Is someone going to go to his house and remove every knife in the kitchen?

That was my thought as well. In this case, deadly weapon would seem to be a pretty wide catch-all phrase to describe how he views the term. Edged weapons cover just about anything. Imagine what has to be taken from a prisoner to insure they don't have one to use against other prisoners. Now, we're going to make him spit shake and pinky swear he won't possess a "deadly weapon" in the setting of the average home? Ummm..

Hey, I have a better idea. If he's an unstable threat, lets see he doesn't get bail in the first place. A psych ward instead of a jailhouse works for me too, if they feel it's a better setting for the guy. Anywhere but on the street. I'd hate to think I'm pulling out my bank card in line, in front of this guy at the store.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Um I was making a point about releasing him under a ridiculous stipulation of not possessing any deadly weapons, when every home has a knife in the kitchen. Since he used a knife to commit his assault, he should not be released back in society.

I have no problem with knives and wasn't blaming an inanimate object for a crime perpetrated by a human. You are reading into something that isn't there.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok.. this is getting nuts. Next time I see a guy wearing a sandwich board saying, "The End Is Nigh!!" I am going to cross over to the other side of the street.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How much do you folks wanna bet that every single member here is on a list?

At a time when "thought crimes" are being prosecuted as if it were a real crime, when loud mouthed kids on Facebook face prison for ranting about life, it is truly scary to think about how many of us on these conspiracy sites are going to get a visit from the thought police at some point.

The internet and the ability to monitor people on it would have given McCarthyism comes to mind and comes to mind quickly.

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."[1] The term has its origins in the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting roughly from 1950 to 1956 and characterized by heightened fears of communist influence on American institutions and espionage by Soviet agents. Originally coined to criticize the anti-communist pursuits of Republican U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy of Wisconsin, "McCarthyism" soon took on a broader meaning, describing the excesses of similar efforts. The term is also now used more generally to describe reckless, unsubstantiated accusations, as well as demagogic attacks on the character or patriotism of political adversaries. During the McCarthy era, thousands of Americans were accused of being Communists or communist sympathizers and became the subject of aggressive investigations and questioning before government or private-industry panels, committees and agencies. The primary targets of such suspicions were government employees, those in the entertainment industry, educators and union activists. Suspicions were often given credence despite inconclusive or questionable evidence, and the level of threat posed by a person's real or supposed leftist associations or beliefs was often greatly exaggerated. Many people suffered loss of employment and/or destruction of their careers; some even suffered imprisonment. Most of these punishments came about through trial verdicts later overturned,[2] laws that would be declared unconstitutional,[3] dismissals for reasons later declared illegal[4] or actionable,[5] or extra-legal procedures that would come into general disrepute. The most famous examples of McCarthyism include the speeches, investigations, and hearings of Senator McCarthy himself; the Hollywood blacklist, associated with hearings conducted by the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC); and the various anti-communist activities of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) under Director J. Edgar Hoover. McCarthyism was a widespread social and cultural phenomenon that affected all levels of society and was the source of a great deal of debate and conflict in the United States.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

"If it was bank of america i support the stabbing, he should change banks and wont have that problem. Go to a credit union or just use cash."

You gotta be kidding me!

"use cash" you say? Well... um.... don't you know the central banks create the money? Just by using money you are supporting the central banking system. Are you going to stab yourself for using bank money?

"he won't have that problem" you say? I'm not sure how you managed to skip this lesson, but it is NEVER ok to attack a person due to ideological differences. Primitive ignorance.

Peace.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Okay guys... c'mon.. I didn't share this to start a war between members. Lets avoid getting the thread closed, as I do think it's an important story to share and read to what is happening out there.

* I'm not a mod, but being that I started the thread, it seems only appropriate that I say something before it gets too far out of hand...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join