It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid calls out cop for parking on sidewalk "I want your badge number" says 12-yr old Jeremy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just stumbled across this video. 12 years old and calling the cop out...warms my heart and just restored a little faith in the up and coming generation...kudos to you Jeremy!!

The video speaks for itself, there is not much more to add other than I commend this kid for stepping up and questioning this police officers actions. Cop says "Are you a lawyer?" Jeremy says "No" ...maybe this is Jeremy's future calling. One thing I feel is assured, no one will be able to get over on this kid's rights when he is an adult.

Thoughts ATS?

ETA: He never did give him his badge number....this video is going viral to..tsk tsk.
edit on 5/5/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
10/10 for Jeremy

I think we can all see why that cop is so over weight, he's too lazy to walk.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

If you hate cops so much go move somewhere there isn't any.

+36 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21

LOL what a crap argument.

equivalent of "If you love it so much why don't you marry it"

derpity doo.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

LOL what a crap argument.

equivalent of "If you love it so much why don't you marry it"

derpity doo.

What other reason is there to post this other than that? Nice argument saying it's a weak argument. Kinda suspicious a 12 year old video tapes himself walking around.

+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21

Where in my OP did you read that I hate cops? Please be sure to quote it as well, so that I can read it. Thanks

+22 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I don't think he was filming himself walking around, he saw the cop breaking the law, that he is suppose to enforce, but is some how magically immune too.

So yeah, there's another crap argument.

Congrats 2 in one thread.

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I just hate stupid, going somewhere else isn't going to rectify the situation because unfortunately there isn't much left to move to in order to escape the rising levels of "stupid".

It's even spread onto ATS in exponential increments.

Way to go 12 year old Jeremy who is not a lawyer, a public servant is a public servant, they are not above this role.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Well spoken and aware kid. Actually gives me some hope!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

What other reason is there to post this other than that?

My reason for posting was to show that a 12 yr old is aware of not only his rights (requesting the badge number) but also aware of the responsibility of the public servant to uphold and obey all laws they swear an oath to enforce. I don't hate the cop for making poor decisions, he's human.

But in the same breath I absolutely LOVE that this kid 1) had the gumption to question it 2) knew enough to know what the police officer was doing wrong and what to ask the police officer for because of it.

link   
I think it's a great video. If anything, maybe that cop thought about this later on, when it was over. Perhaps...just maybe, it crossed his mind how it WAS a 12 year old that gave him the what-for on his actions.

I think the most important thing I'd hope the cop took from the whole experience was that small kids are watching, they are seeing this sort of thing and he sets an example by either following the law or breaking it just because he technically can and knows nothing will happen for it.

Well.. Something does happen, doesn't it? The 99.9% of kids who don't say something just take the lesson that following the law is conditional. It doesn't even matter what condition..just that it's nothing like an absolute. ....and just a little less respect for it is the result, IMO.

link   
This is absolutely terrific. I hope his parents are so proud of him. It's great to see people waking up and challenging these so called "Officers". A good majority do not even know the laws themselves, so its great when we see people catch them off guard.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
12 years old and calling the cop out...warms my heart...

I commend this kid for stepping up and questioning this police officers actions...

Thoughts ATS?

ETA: He never did give him his badge number....this video is going viral to..tsk tsk.

Calling out the Cops....like you think it's always a good thing. It makes you feel good about a 12 year old asking a cop a bunch of useless questions.

The cop looks like he is just getting a drink. It looks sunny and if its a recent video it's probably pretty hot where ever he is. Yes, its probably illegal to park on the sidewalk but last time I checked he wasn't hurting anyone. He was probably there for 5 minutes max. Just another video that will get more publicity for what is it because people like you are questioning everything police officers do like there is some sort of conspiracy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It looks like he is parked outside a store, not on public property. So... maybe if the owner had said something to the cop. Not really the kids place.

Can you just walk up to cops and demand badge numbers?

+13 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

interesting tale, however had you or I parked a motorcycle on the sidewalk and the same cop saw it, we'd both have fines to pay. Regardless if it was for only two minutes and thirty seconds.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Interesting.

My 6 year old respects the police. We even talked with 2 officers today and my son knows that they are the guys that risk their lives to keep their communities safe.

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A little different in the uk.
Not far from where I live a local councilor thought it was ok for HIM to park on the pavement meaning mothers with prams had to step onto the road to get around his car.
A local kid (who took a few photo's first) walked up and over the car leaving big dents as he went.
The kid was taken to court for the damage, and the judge found him not guilty and made the car owner pay all the costs

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Way to go Jeremy. He's about the only member of society that could get away with jumping all over a cop. Maybe an 80 year old lady too could get a way with it. I wonder if his bigger brother put hhim up to it and coached him what to say. Either way gutzy move on the kids part.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Also I am not sure if a cop always has to show you their badge. Is it only when they are charging you with something or asking you questions or when asked to all the time? If the kid was a genius maybe he should have got the license plate number and then could've went to a lawyer or the police station.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I guess when you have an intimidating 'stache like that cop, you can park wherever you like.

Brave kid to stand up to the power of that facial growth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join