It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid calls out cop for parking on sidewalk "I want your badge number" says 12-yr old Jeremy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Again you are making assumptions. Please post the exact law in Nevada that states that. The only law I found says you can't block other vehicles or pedestrians.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21

What exactly does this come down to then? Everyone else seems to see the point except you. The cop needs to lead by example, laws were made for a reason after all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Maybe it's me but I honestly don't see the big deal here, it's a teenager questioning authority which all teenagers do and a cop being a cop. Yes most people would receive a ticket or warning for doing the same thing but then again if you live in the real world you should know they're double standards. Parking on a side walk for a minute is not that big of deal and probably why most people didn't care to say anything. It's nice to see a young kid aware of the laws and his rights but parking on a sidewalk is not a case where he needs to ask for a badge number. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by Afterthought

So it would be ok if the cop wasn't overweight? You sound pretty tough behind our keyboard. Anyways until this is posted somewhere besides Reddit or ATS I guess it's not that big of a deal since nothing illegal was done.

Nothing illegal was done? You are not making a point.......just avoiding it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

NRS 484B.117  Driving upon sidewalk.  The driver of a vehicle shall not drive upon or within any sidewalk area except at a permanent or temporary driveway or alley entrance. (Added to NRS by 1969, 1507)—(Substituted in revision for NRS 484.451)

Nevada Traffic Laws
There you go. Now, please stop with your nonsense...

You cannot park or drive on a sidewalk in nearly every state of the USA...most states/counties/municipalities do not even allow you to operate a bicycle on a sidewalk, let alone a motor vehicle...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421

reply to post by Afterthought

So it would be ok if the cop wasn't overweight? You sound pretty tough behind our keyboard. Anyways until this is posted somewhere besides Reddit or ATS I guess it's not that big of a deal since nothing illegal was done.

Nothing illegal was done? You are not making a point.......just avoiding it.

It would be funny if every motorcyclist in Las Vegas parked on the sidewalk this weekend, then when they took their ticket to court, used the video in the Op as their defense. "If it's OK for this lazy cop, why isn't it OK for me?"

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

HA!

Good work kid I give you props on that one.

-SAP-

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Driving and parking are two separate things...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Plus the kid came from behind the store...which maybe was a alley? Or he was able to get off the sidewalk fairly easily because of a drive way?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Calling out the Cops....like you think it's always a good thing. It makes you feel good about a 12 year old asking a cop a bunch of useless questions.

The cop looks like he is just getting a drink. It looks sunny and if its a recent video it's probably pretty hot where ever he is. Yes, its probably illegal to park on the sidewalk but last time I checked he wasn't hurting anyone. He was probably there for 5 minutes max. Just another video that will get more publicity for what is it because people like you are questioning everything police officers do like there is some sort of conspiracy.

This is PRECISELY what is wrong with Society today.
What if it was me that parked my motorcycle on the sidewalk? If I got a ticket for that, everyone in here would be in agreement that I deserved it.
Yet when a Police Officer does it - it's ok? There's no conspiracy here - Police Officers are SWORN to uphold the LAW - NOT break it.

There's a parking lot for a damn reason. It's where vehicles (4 wheeled and 2 wheeled) park. Not on the damn sidewalk. If you are ok with cops doing this, what else are you willing to turn a blind eye to? That's the scary part.

Exactly. They should be adhering to every law. They should not be held to a higher or lower standard then civilians.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Driving and parking are two separate things...

I knew you were going to post this moronic response...

Riddle me this Batman...Just how do you think the motorized vehicle ended up on the sidewalk...was it miracled there?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

No, quite obviously he picked it up, slung it over his shoulder and placed it there. This was in Las Vegas was it? Not that surprising seeing as how the fella who had trouble understanding this has now disappeared.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join