It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on aircraft experts. This jet makes 90 degree turn.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So, last year, while I was driving home from work. I was checking out all of the chemtrails in the sky. Then, I spot this aircraft, leaving a long contrail that had made an almost 90 degree turn. I took the pics with my cell phone while I was driving. Right, not a good idea. But, couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a pic of something strange.
This is the reason why the quality sucks. But, you can plainly see the chemtrail in the sky.
No way this is a commercial plane. The passengers would surely be sick after this maneuver. Further more, i'm not sure, that this maneuver is even possible.

Thanks for your comments.

edit on 5/5/2013 by ArMaP because: bad image tag removed

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Perspective, if you were under where the plane turned you would see it was a big arc it made, because of the distance you are from it, it looks fairly sharp and short.

It is possible, planes do 90 degree turns all the time to line up with runways, or follow a flight path. Ive been on lots of planes, and ive experienced fairly tight turns, you dont really feel them, the wings drop and it pulls a 90 degree turn...but people dont fall out of their seats or anything. Normally when approaching a destination airport.
edit on 5-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by carl6405

Here is a pic that shows almost what you saw..

What may look like a 90 degree may be because of your viewing position..

I am not saying that is why it looked like a 90 degree turn, but that is something that explains what you saw.

Btw you do know those were contrails in your pics, right?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
While that doesn't appear to be 90 degrees, aircraft do make them. I was on a flight once at cruising altitude with the flight crew serving lunch. All of the sudden the pilot made a hard turn and told the crew to prepare for landing. Never seen so many fire trucks in one place before. Maybe ths plane had to change destinations for some reason.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by carl6405

That isn't a 90 degree turn.... yes it is very sharp, but there is a very noticeable roundness to the turn and a passenger plane wouldn't do it, but a smaller, more maneuverable plane can. You must realize that the plane is flying at several miles up, and that turn, although very sharp in appearance is over the course of several miles. It is a very weird contrail/chemtrail to see... nice pic
edit on 5-5-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't think it would be that bad.

Pilots only need to dip the wings at most 15 degrees to achieve that. They usually make turns like that when they are turning in to land. It's a bit freaky to look out the windows on one side and see ground, look out the other windows and see sky, but it only lasts around 30 seconds, which is around 3.5km

On a regular flight, 1 second of movement at 500 kilometres/hour is equal to 1/3600 x 500 = 5/36 = 1/7th kilometre/second = 700 metres/second, so you just experience plane tilting for a few seconds, everything rotating around you, then the plane untilting.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Slow speed 180 degree turn.

Now imagine the same plane doing it while making a contrail high above, it's not imposible while not likely.
A jetfighter would use even less space to make that turn.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join