It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Rockets? Explosions shake Syrian capital, Damascus.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Most likely it would be an air war for the West/Israel.
MSM the hell out of it, take out the communication, take out infrastructure, Take out airports, Take out government, take out navy, Jdams, Hellfires, Cruise missiles, we've seen it before, Let the civilians that are left dazed in the rubble deal with the outcome,

Unfortunately that would be (imo) the scenario.

edit on 4-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

good point. but what exactly do you mean by go rouge? if this turns out to be a large scale thing it will no doubt get media. do you mean we will have to do black ops or support israel with weapons. I'm curious to see how america will present this conflict to its citizens. how much approval will america need from its citizens to publicly support israel if this becomes that big of a situation (and i hope it will). surly israels accusation of syria using chemical weapons will be a main talking point. but is that enough to warrant missile strikes in the publics eye?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

You shouldn't speak for most Americans. It is only the rabid christian fundamentalists that are down with Israel. That and the end of the worlders.

Educated Americans are not on Israel's side, nor are other white folk in other countries. Everyone knows what an apartheid regime it is. How they have trounced upon the rights of their neighbors. How they have stolen land and deprived the Palestinians of their human rights. Dude, no one is down with that. NO ONE. Except people like you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

oh i dont expect them to just sit by. in fact im counting on them to make a scene. but you raise good points. do you think israel could hold its own against the muslim nations. israels army is a mighty force but i think they are vastly outnumbered.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

[2:27 pm NZT] Anonymous Israeli Officials have been quoted in saying the weapons strike was directed against 'game changing' weaponry heading towards Hezbollah, including advanced ground to ground missiles. This has not been confirmed, however provided by the Associated Press.
[2:23 pm NZT] Israel has confirmed the strike on a shipment of advanced missiles, no word on what the weapons capabilities.
[2:21 pm NZT] Still no word from Assad, I will use time stamps from now on - Sorry about the confusion. Current sources are reporting that the target of strike were advanced missiles being transported by a convoy to Hezbollah. Other sources are reporting that the target were elite units in the area.
An Israeli official has said that; "Israel is determined to prevent the transfer of chemical weapons or other game-changing weaponry by the Syrian regime to terrorists, especially to Hezbollah in Lebanon.” The nature of the Research Center is unknown.
A Senior US Official has confirmed an Israeli Jet has bombed the research center. All questions directed to the White House are being redirected to the Israeli.
Two minutes until Assad makes a statement - The US (Pentagon/White House) and Israel (US Embassy) have yet to comment.
What seems to be an airstrike has struck near a military research facility and ammunition depot. Locals report hearing the sound of jets before the blast, cannot confirm this currently. On Monday, Israeli jets attacked a missile shipment heading towards Hezbollah.
Syria has been quick to blame Israel for this attack.
Official sources have mentioned the Assad Government will make an official statement at 5:00 am local time (15 minutes).
Hezbollah are claiming an Israeli Jet has been shot down during the sortie. Israel has not confirmed this yet. Avoid speculation - I will keep this updated as much as possible. Links BBC News Al Jazeera Reuters The Commentator The Daily Star Lebanon NBC News ABC News

www.reddit.com...

Wait, theres more...
(same link)

EDIT: Syrian brigade 104 was eliminated. Division 4& brigade 105 under attack.
EDIT2: Reports of airborne strikes in Southern Lebanon on Hezbollah targets.
EDIT3: Syrian Regiment 61 is reported moving to the Israeli border, explosions in the airport north of Tartus. EDIT4: Syrian report: Israeli army preparing for a ground invasion, 8k wounded or killed Syrian soldiers tonight (8k is a rebel report).
EDIT5: Syrian army forces requesting cease-fire from the rebels. EDIT6: Iranian military source threatens Israel in annihilation if they invade Syria. EDIT7: Syrian free army spokesman : "Syrian command post bombed. Bashar and Mahar Assad were supposed to be in it"

Its heating up. I wonder what the western msm's twist on this will be. Not much coming from them so far. Im sure they are scrambling a way to make Isreal look good through this.
edit on 4-5-2013 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

By going rogue, I meant aggression without a kiss from the UN Security Council.

What do I think? Maybe we are gonna use Israel? I don't know. I know NATO will be very reluctant with out approval from the UNSC.

And maybe we are jumping the shark. Hopefully that is the case.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

lets not assume he supports israel. we have to take into account that this is a conspiracy site and we dont hold the same ideas as your average citizen. when he says most americans will agree i think he was replying with that in mind. thats why i want to know how america will present this to the public. there army many things the government does to sway the opinion of the populace. this early in the game we can only make guesses about how the general population will take this. i agree with you about israel tho

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

You shouldn't speak for most Americans. It is only the rabid christian fundamentalists that are down with Israel. That and the end of the worlders.

Educated Americans are not on Israel's side, nor are other white folk in other countries. Everyone knows what an apartheid regime it is. How they have trounced upon the rights of their neighbors. How they have stolen land and deprived the Palestinians of their human rights. Dude, no one is down with that. NO ONE. Except people like you.

When the time comes, most Americans will stand with Israel. Not much I can say for the fringe and minorities out there.

There is a reason for my opinion, and I dare say that even you would not want to know exactly why I believe it.

We'll see.

Shared pain and sacrifice often create unity where otherwise it would not be.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

phuque!! It is on.

Russia must have green-lighted.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher

oh i dont expect them to just sit by. in fact im counting on them to make a scene. but you raise good points. do you think israel could hold its own against the muslim nations. israels army is a mighty force but i think they are vastly outnumbered.

If Israel's true strength was in numbers alone, they would have been defeated long ago.

Underestimating their strength and their alliances now, would be a monumental mistake for the enemies of Israel.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

When the time comes, most Americans will stand with Israel. Not much I can say for the fringe and minorities out there.

There is a reason for my opinion, and I dare say that even you would not want to know exactly why I believe it.

We'll see.

Shared pain and sacrifice often create unity where otherwise it would not be.

Imo, neither side deserve my support. Why must we take sides in everything?
This does have the potential to affect myself and my loved ones though, so I am keeping an eye out.

...Still waiting for a declaration of War, as there are reports of a ground invasion by Israel and Assad is asking the rebels for a ceasefire (not confirmed). This is a big deal.
edit on 4-5-2013 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

i think israel my have gone lone wolf on this one. what can america gain from using israel in this situation? except more contempt from muslim nations. recently there was a thread stating we would be in Afghanistan till 2014 maybe this is a proxy war to keep us there for a untold amount of time?

i think israels weakness is in numbers. they have a good military but they are already surrounded and the war hasn't even started yet. fish in a barrel i say.
edit on 4-5-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Fringe? Ha. So how was your session with Breibart today??

Most people are not neanderthals and have to be told what to think. Not on this site or others I visit.

You underestimate, at your own peril.

It is unfortunate for this country that there are those that are just ignorant.

Bummer, indeed.
edit on 4-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

phuque!! It is on.

Russia must have green-lighted.

Im not going to jump to that conclusion.
It appears that Israel struck preemptively as more sophisticated weapons were on their way to Hezbollah.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

i agree with you. i dont support america syria or israel i just happen to be an american. support only leads to biased opinions that blur rational thoughts. but i think because of the way israel has acted support and opinions will be necessary on behalf of the governments especially in america where for the most part we have nothing to do with this conflict except our relationship with israel.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Fringe? Ha. So how was your session with Breibart today??

Most people are not neanderthals and have to be told what to think. Not on this site or others I visit.

You underestimate, at your own peril.

It is unfortunate for this country that there are those that are just ignorant.

Bummer, indeed.

Apparently you have underestimated the power of the herd mentality, because you are absolutely afflicted.

You are right, MOST people don't have to be told what to think.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

All you limbaugh lovers and right wingers love to prop up Israel.

Give me some evidence to the contrary.

In fact, give me some evidence to support your stance.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Assad "to declare war" on Israel following fresh airstrikes

Rumours are surfacing online that following the latest volley of attacks on the Syrian regime, President Bashar al-Assad will soon officially declare war on Israel, with speculators pointing to 5am local time for official confirmation. This information continues to persist despite the technical state of war that currently exists between the two states. Many however, have been quick to dismiss these reports as strictly rumour, with various commentators claiming that such a move would be sure to end Assad's reign of terror in Syria "within a week". The news of an Israeli intervention in Syria has caught the Obama administration on the back foot, with the US president refusing to comment at length about the strike. Obama said, "The Israelis, justifiably, have to guard against the transfer of advanced weaponry to terrorist organizations like Hezbollah."

www.thecommentator.com...

Wowzers game changing stuff at hands, if these rumours are fact.. Scary stuff folks
edit on 4-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

All you limbaugh lovers and right wingers love to prop up Israel.

Give me some evidence to the contrary.

In fact, give me some evidence to support your stance.

The problem is, the evidence is already all around you, you are either incapable of seeing it, or are just ignoring it.

I am not a "right winger" yet you assume I am just because my opinions don't align with yours.

You don't need evidence you need a good deprogramming.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

A man is only as strong as his convictions.

Here is what aus said:

Most Americans will stand with Israel, despite all of the propaganda out there.

Israel isn't going to get wiped out by any Muslim nation or coalition of Muslim nations. Your desire to see this happen is a common desire, and it is why it must happen the way it is now.

You cannot expect Israel to just sit there and wait to be destroyed by the enemies that surround them, no one should expect them to... Yet many do.

Destiny is coming....

Back it up with some kind of evidence. That is what I said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join