It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Tut's Tomb Really Cursed? Or was there something in the Tomb thhat the Government had to Hide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This just came to me the other day, now that I'm learning more about the way things work, this curse seems a little fishy, I'd like to research it and the deaths surrounding its discovery, I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I'm real curious to see what kind of facts we can come up with.
edit on 3-5-2013 by PeoriaAZ because: mistake

edit on 3-5-2013 by PeoriaAZ because: shortened

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

One theory is that the curse is linked to a virus or bacteria that was in the tomb when it was opened. I heard that on a discovery or history channel episode long ago. There is also a theory about toxins being present after all those years.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Or there's the idea that they knew of this curse and it was a self fulfilling prophecy that those directly linked to its openng fell upon misfortune.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeoriaAZ
This just came to me the other day, now that I'm learning more about the way things work, this curse seems a little fishy, I'd like to research it and the deaths surrounding its discovery, I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I'm real curious to see what kind of facts we can come up with.
edit on 3-5-2013 by PeoriaAZ because: mistake

edit on 3-5-2013 by PeoriaAZ because: shortened

What facts you can come up with....LOL
I think you would need several degrees in several subjects to come to any conclusive facts. I also believe you would have to have visited the place at the time...and after to even come close to come up with facts.

But, from what i gather there wasnt a curse, as that is just made up nonsense. The body was sealed in an airtight room/casket/tomb for a couple of thousand years, when the people opened it up all the viruses and bacteria that had bred over this time was inhaled and the people started dying off from disease and illness that they never suffered from before.

If you put a dead cat in an airtight box for say 50 years, then lean over and open it, inhale a lot...you too will die of some "mysterious" illness.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think it's an interesting question, given the real people who really died ..just as warned they would if they proceeded. Well....sometimes warnings really aren't there for scare factor, I'm thinking.

Spores and some exceptions to the normal way of things in the world can go dormant for unbelievable lengths of time. That's possible I suppose. Virus or Bacteria? Those are living, biologic organisms as I understand it to be. However simple or primitive, they still are alive and as such, die without basic needs met. So, bottled up in an air tight tomb for so long, wouldn't it be logical they'd have died a very long time ago? All the viruses I can find to read anything about have a pretty short period of time outside a host for staying viable. Hours ...days sometimes. Even more in rare cases..? This kind of time though?

Well. that alone would be "supernatural" in the literal sense, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think it's an interesting question, given the real people who really died ..just as warned they would if they proceeded. Well....sometimes warnings really aren't there for scare factor, I'm thinking.

Spores and some exceptions to the normal way of things in the world can go dormant for unbelievable lengths of time. That's possible I suppose. Virus or Bacteria? Those are living, biologic organisms as I understand it to be. However simple or primitive, they still are alive and as such, die without basic needs met. So, bottled up in an air tight tomb for so long, wouldn't it be logical they'd have died a very long time ago? All the viruses I can find to read anything about have a pretty short period of time outside a host for staying viable. Hours ...days sometimes. Even more in rare cases..? This kind of time though?

Well. that alone would be "supernatural" in the literal sense, wouldn't it?

I think it was more of an assumption that the tomb was airtight. Once Carter broke his way in there is no way to prove it was or wasnt, but i assume given the spores, bacteria and virus that were present, it wasnt completely air tight. It may have been watertight for most of the time.

Back when Carter discovered the tomb there wasnt really the technology to check for airborne virus's like today...i doubt today a tomb would be opened before it was properly checked for potential contaminants in the air.

Flood waters may have played a part in the process.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
interesting thank you for your feedback, that's exactly what I would say if I was part of the coverup, lol (just kidding...or am I) what I meant was maybe what they found had discredited history as we know it, or perhaps there were alien artifacts withen the tombs walls, maybe the Catholic church didn't want these secrets to reach the general mainstream population, who knows, but it sounds like something that would definitely be withen their capabilities ecspecially during the time period, and if it was a coverup of what they may have found, it was absolutely brilliant to blame it all as a curse, remember they have the greatest minds of all time on their side, i'm just sayin...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeoriaAZ
interesting thank you for your feedback, that's exactly what I would say if I was part of the coverup, lol (just kidding...or am I) what I meant was maybe what they found had discredited history as we know it, or perhaps there were alien artifacts withen the tombs walls, maybe the Catholic church didn't want these secrets to reach the general mainstream population, who knows, but it sounds like something that would definitely be withen their capabilities ecspecially during the time period, and if it was a coverup of what they may have found, it was absolutely brilliant to blame it all as a curse, remember they have the greatest minds of all time on their side, i'm just sayin...

No aliens, just tons of priceless artifacts that have been documented and sold to the highest bidders

There are plenty of images from within the tomb, lots of research since then too. I doubt had their been alien artifacts hidden in there someone wouldnt have said something over the past 80 odd years.

Why would alien artifacts kill people?

The curse story was fueled by the fact Lord Carnarvon died shortly after being bitten by a mosquito and it becoming infected...to some this was the curse. 58 people were present when the tomb and sarcophagus were opened, 8 died over 12 years....i dont find that at all odd to be honest.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

So, very simply put, you're as much working from complete guess work in suggesting what may have been there, as I am with what I don't believe was there. As long as we both acknowledge that.

Having personally experienced things in this life that were both physically harmful to people I knew and cared deeply for at the time, while being entirely unexplained? (at least by conventional explanation), I'm never one to give in to the knee-jerk reaction of poo-poo'ing the idea that just maybe, things a bit beyond our comprehension are sometimes at work, right in front of us. Sometimes, I sincerely believe, those things can carry to the point of a terminal outcome as well.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i would like one item; the gold/silver alloy [electrum] disc necklace; might help.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
There is no curse.

Lord Caernavon died of a infection from a mosquito bite to his cheek. People die. The other death was the pet canary....This isnt exactly shocking.

None of the Egyptians were struck down.

Howard Carter lived for over a decade after the opening, and saw the excavation through years till the last day without dying.

Rememebr this was at a time when Egypt-mania was at Fever pitch, the discovery of the tomb was as big as Princess Diana dying. Anything to do with it caused a media sensation. It sold papers.

Here are some facts to prove there was a very high survival rate of the "westerners" involved in the tomb opening.

Dates of exposure:
-Feb. 17, 1923, opening of the 3rd door,
-Feb. 3, 1926, opening of the sarcophagus,
-Oct. 10, 1926, opening of the coffins
-Nov. 11, 1926, examination of the mummy.

Out of 44 identified Westerners, 25 were present during an opening or examination. These 25 lived an average of 20.8 years after exposure, while the unexposed lived 28.9 years. The mean age at death for the exposed was 70 years and 75 for the unexposed.

Nelson, Mark R. "The mummy's curse: historical cohort study." British Medical Journal. December 21, 2002. www.bmj.com...

No joy on the curse . Never existed. Don't fall for the media spins from nearly a century ago.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
[q

Why would alien artifacts kill people?

I meant that they were possibly assassinated in order to keep quiet, now this is absoulutly nothing but a hunch but when the thought came to me it just sparked a lot of curiosity, thanks for your replys, now as far as which way your posts have swayed the curiosity about the matter, I would say that I'm even a little more convienced because of the fact that you guys have completely danced around the basis of my theory of possible conspiracy like actions that may or may not have taken place (once again totally a hunch,there is nothing factual about my aligations) but all responses somewhat masked what I was trying to put out there, interesting, either that or I'm just absolutely paranoid, which is a strong possibility no doubt, but I have not been on here as much of late, and I do see that the government is definitely more involved in the running of this website then it was a few years ago, naturallythough. thx
edit on 3-5-2013 by PeoriaAZ because: messed up 1st time

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

what I'm saying is that the supposed "curse" could have just been the mask of confidentiality based assasinations, carried out by either the catholic church or other powers that be in order to cover up something that wa found in the tomb or learned from it, you get where i'm going with this?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The dust killed the original archaeologists I believe

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Who exactly do you think was assassinated? Canaervon? A british lord? He got septicaemia.
Yet the actually archaeologist Carter lived healthily for nearly 2 more decades. Wouldnt he be the target?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Great subject to discuss, although this has practically been solved :

Recent laboratory studies have revealed that some ancient mummies do indeed carry mold, including at least two potentially dangerous species—Aspergillus niger and Aspergillus flavus. These molds can cause allergic reactions ranging from congestion to bleeding in the lungs.

The toxins can be particularly harmful for people with weakened immune systems.

Some tomb walls may also be covered with respiratory-assaulting bacteria like Pseudomonas and Staphylococcus.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Rodinus beat me to it.
Fungus and molds are in some ways more dangerous than viruses and bacterias, as the body immune systems can be overwhelmed very fast by mycoplasms. And the body is teeming with molds in the blood, so when your immune system is being taxed, suddenly you have an illness. Just like getting a cold from being caught in the rain.

I always wondered where the fifty odd papyrus went..... What was on them that was so bad? Something natural and cyclical?

Also some believe there is a code in the number of items they decided to put in the tomb.

As to the curse, maybe it is just the stress of guilt affecting the immune systems of people who were told to cover up certain things?

Sometimes conspiracy theories are right for the wrong reasons.

top topics

join