It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHERIFF: 'We want people to call us if guy down street hates government'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I want that picture as a poster in my living room.

I can't stand people who go along with group think. Hive mind mentality is frightening. People who can't stand up against a group and tell them they are doing the wrong thing are cowards.
I'd rather be trampled to death by a mob angry at my truth than run over the cliff with them.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

The only real teams are us against them, because the only way any of the corrupt snake heads that run this society will step down in forcefully.

And i just thought about it while typing, they could probably cut that million dollar cost in half buy simply finding out who the ATS members are in your town and where they are.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Nazi Germany in the early 1930's, anyone?

This country wouldn't exist if it weren't for people who questioned authority in 1776. Or abuse of authority and abuse of power.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is frightening. To me, it is more frightening than the response in boston.

The divide part has worked. They're now shifting to Phase: conquer.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I love my country, but fear my government
~ Michael Holcombe

This quote was never more true for me than it is today.
edit on 5/2/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

To me, it is more frightening than the response in boston.

You are a very confusing person.
According to this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
You saw nothing wrong with how Boston handled the manhunt.
I don't mean to be dredging up your answers on another thread, but you seem to be having an internal battle with whether or not you approve of what's going on in this country. First, you're defending the government's response to the Boston bombings, now you're saying it was frightening. Which is it?

edit on 2-5-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Figures it would be in Florida, jack-booted state that it is, in some parts.

Like everyone that has ever went on a rampage talked about it with their neighbors

You always here the people say, "Oh he was such a nice boy", and "never saw that coming", et al, when they are interviewed after the fact. Or, "He was such a loner, always kept to himself".

This is just conditioning people to be suspicious and rat each other out.

The way they divide and conquer and get everyone's panties and shorts in a wad over stupid stuff, I imagine they are going to have to eventually offshore their call centers to India. I mean they only got a million bucks.
edit on 2-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

Well, I decided to share this story with ATS, because it comes from my home state of FL, and you are right, Florida has some pretty tight laws, and a lot of police corruption.. even my local town has dealt with police corruption, and governmental corruption. So, even if this event is happening in 1 city right now, It could become the model of the entire state.. and that is why I was worried, I felt others from Florida could use this information.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well I haven't got much to say but that guy living in that famous white house doesn't seem to like the citizens of the US. You should check him out.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

To me, it is more frightening than the response in boston.

You are a very confusing person.
According to this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
You saw nothing wrong with how Boston handled the manhunt.
I don't mean to be drudging up your answers on another thread, but you seem to be having an internal battle with whether or not you approve of what's going on in this country. First, you're defending the government's response to the Boston bombings, now you're saying it was frightening. Which is it?
Thats not true whatsoever. Im not going to drag this thread off topic, but I never once, since that happened, said that I dont think there was anything wrong with the way boston was handled. I have repeatedly used the word 'horrifying' to describe it. Either you completely missed the points I was making in that thread, or you simply wish to discredit me.

There's no internal battle at all. Ive been calling out what has been happening for over 20 years now. The difference between me and a lot of people on here, it seems, is the fact that I look at each event individually, and believe in taking the time to actually stand back and analyze things, instead of emotionally reacting off the cuff, and throwing hundreds of speculations at things without any real evidence to back it up. so in that way, I guess you are correct, to some people, I must come off as a confusing person. I mean, the ability to see things from a multi-faceted perspective? Must confuse the hell out of some people.

I understand that there are a handful of people on this site who have decided that I am the enemy du jour, and that analytical thinking and rationality are things to be attacked, but come on now.

I mean, this tactic of completely perverting what I have said in an attempt to discredit me is getting a bit old...

Like I said, the 'Divide' phase of the plan has worked.
edit on 2-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Actually, busybodies are people who get into government to make laws and force others to follow their desired ways. They say..You can't have chickens in your area, not even if the eggs are for yourself. They say you can't have a car for parts for the one you drive for even a month till you remove some parts off it. They say you can't have a windmill or solar panels because it will make their home worth less, or you must have grass that is perfect. They say that unjustifiable safety is needed for things like cars and jobs yet they want to drive faster and force unnecessary safety measures on cars. They make roofing jobs expensive because of so many safety rules which aren't necessary. They make everything look pretty instead of practicle, trying to attract fussy people to their areas.

I can see being reasonable but many times people complain about eyesores that they shouldn't have a right to complain about, it seems that your property actually belongs to the snobby neighbor nowadays.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
well i'm screwed,

the governments plan to make everyone fearful of everyone and willing and able to 'tell' on people is absurd, yet is in full control, dumb down the nation,

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I did read the majority of your posts in that thread and it's not off topic for this thread.
You repeatedly stated that the police had a right to aggressively search people's homes without a warrant because they're looking for a terrifying terrorist. Wouldn't those being reported to the sheriff in this thread also going to be considered terrifying terrorists? Should the LEOs also be able to search their premises without a search warrant?
From the other thread, on the first page, you stated:

But reality SHOULD lie somewhere in the middle. We all admit that a police force is necessary in a civilized community. But we also need to realize that for the police to do their job in extreme circumstances requires some help (not obedience, help) from the people. And the people should be willing to give it. And the police need to get back to knowing their role. And knowing that they work FOR and WITH the people, not against them.

This society belongs to all of us. And we should all act accordingly.

If you automatically oppose anything that has to do with the police, keep in mind, that you are a major part of the problem, not the solution.

Emphasis mine.

How come you're automatically opposing what the sheriff is requesting people do in this thread?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is such an effective tool to stop people from being united,and to foster suspicion,isolation and a hostile "you vs me" mindset.Maybe they figure folks will eventually be too wary to give each other the time of day.Excellent divisive tactic,BRAVO!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
This is such an effective tool to stop people from being united,and to foster suspicion,isolation and a hostile "you vs me" mindset.Maybe they figure folks will eventually be too wary to give each other the time of day.Excellent divisive tactic,BRAVO!

Well, on average I don't think most people even talk with their neighbors, unless they are in upscale middle class communities, so they are doing everything they can do to perpetuate fear of your neighbor.

edit: I could be wrong, I just know my neighbors aren't very friendly most of the time, some are ok.. but others, not so much.
edit on 5/2/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

This is the last time Ill respond to this topic within this thread, as I have no intention, once again, of taking it off topic (and no, the boston marathon IS NOT the topic of this thread).

You repeatedly stated that the police had a right to aggressively search people's homes without a warrant because they're looking for a terrifying terrorist.
You say I repeatedly state this, so it shouldnt be an issue for you to provide a quote.
In fact, while you are at it, please, quote for me anywhere where i call these guys 'terrifying terrorists", or heck, even 'terrorists'. The one time I use that word within that thread is in response to the political aspect of labelling such things.
I am calling you out. Put your money where your mouth is. Provide a quote that shows me saying what you are accusing me of, or admit you are using deceptive tactics to try and discredit me.

Wouldn't those being reported to the sheriff in this thread also going to be considered terrifying terrorists?

Nope, they sure wouldnt, though it frightens me that you think this way.

Course, if one of my neighbors showed me the bombs they made and intended to plant at a public event, I might feel differently.

Now, please read this again, and please point out which part says there is no problem with the police response:

But reality SHOULD lie somewhere in the middle. We all admit that a police force is necessary in a civilized community. But we also need to realize that for the police to do their job in extreme circumstances requires some help (not obedience, help) from the people. And the people should be willing to give it. And the police need to get back to knowing their role. And knowing that they work FOR and WITH the people, not against them. This society belongs to all of us. And we should all act accordingly. If you automatically oppose anything that has to do with the police, keep in mind, that you are a major part of the problem, not the solution

Either the point went WAY over your head, or you are deliberately being obtuse.

How come you're automatically opposing what the sheriff is requesting people do in this thread?

Do you really need an answer to that?

Again, this tactic of taking what I said, trying to pervert it to some other message, and then making accusations based on that is getting really, really old. And obvious.
edit on 2-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by camaro68ss

SHERIFF: 'We want people to call us if guy down street hates government'

Well wouldnt that be errr almost everyone?

I find that most Democrats "hate" Republicans and that most Republicans "hate" Democrats...

you must be around a lot of "hateful" people.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Oh for sure. The article indicated it could be a model for the rest of the country. Your OP was great. Hope I didn't give you the wrong impression.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm just glad this intrusive police-state government isn't monitoring the internet. At least we still have this medium to speak freely!

What I really mean to say is that government is awesome brilliant and I wish it would take a greater interest and special part in all our lives.
-A government shill
-I mean, beezzer.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Also. . . .

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'm just asking you to clarifying your stance.
In one instance, you're stating that the police have the right to search homes without warrants and that those people who aren't in agreement with this are part of the problem.
So, do you believe that the police should be able to search someone's home without a warrant if the police receive an anonymous tip about the person? The tip may or may not be truthful.
After all, you stated that people who interfere with police searches are part of the problem, but where is the line in regards to your stance?

Edit to Add: If people are curious, they can certainly enter that thread and read for themselves how you staunchly defended police searching the homes without warrants. I don't need to quote every single post of yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join