It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-old boy among victims as more than 20 shot on one Chicago day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 48e18
reply to post by Xtrozero

I guess we need more gun control....but wait guns are already illegal in Chicago

No they aren't.

When will this false meme die?

You are right I was slightly off. The reason why people assume guns are illegal is because you can easily have an illegal gun in Chicago You need to register for gun type and then in Chicago you need to register your guns or they are illegal. Does this mean If I'm driving from Washington and go through Chicago my guns are illegal?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I really have no idea why it is so hard for gun advocates to understand. Gun control in Chicago does not work because of the surrounding states lack of gun control.

When ever you ban anything all it does is raise the price to buy it doesn't actually make all guns just disappear....

When they banned liquor or drugs there is still just as much as before, so why would guns be any different?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You sick #s turning this into a political issue while showing no sympathy.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Sympathy is there, so how do we stop this violence? I'm not shooting anyone, I'm not committing crime, I'm have no part in any of this. I would love for the "bad" people to go away. The unfortunate part is in a society of 300+ million you have bad people. I don't have an answer to that other than I want to protect my own family. This is a reason I don't live in a hell hole that many of our cites have turn into.

Let me ask YOU what should we do...people die every day to something it is the nature order of things...

I could turn driving into a political issue too since it kills a hell of a lot more people, so why are you so emotional about this and not calling people who speed as sicker f#ers? Or is it that there different ways that people die that is ok? death is what it is, death...and we have 1000s of ways we do it every year.

I didn't start the political side to gun deaths....but it is what it is....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Gun control works, just ask Chicago!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I bet it was all African American people.

I'm not racist here at all, check my social circle.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

maybe it might be a better idea to allow open carry like they had in old west. 20 shot in one day wow strictest gun control in country really not working is it. why because only criminals are carrying now. make gun safety and marksmanship required in school classes in school like pe.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepImpactX

Originally posted by squarehead666
Please understand that there is nothing I'd be happier to see than a US government that truly represents the people of America

They do..........There's nothing united about us.

Figured as much TBH.....Looks like you're properly f****d then!

Originally posted by DeepImpactX

Originally posted by squarehead666
Did the American Dream really die with Kennedy?

Yes. When Kennedy got shot it woke people up to the fact that their dreams weren't safe anymore..........If anything, we're more divided than ever. Assume otherwise and you come across as being very naïve.

I long ago learned not to make too many assumptions about America (especially hopeful ones).....You lot are your own worst enemy and in that much at least, your government does indeed represent you!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

maybe it should be illegal for all Americans TO NOT CARRY A GUN.
if innocent civilians could just shoot back.....

lol.

And you got stars.

[SNIPPED]
If it were common knowledge that EVERYONE carried a strap....
don't you think less people would be inclined to openly shoot at someone for fear that they may be killed?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Kandinsky because: Removed censor circumvention

Possibly.

Doesn't make the idea any less stupid.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

maybe it should be illegal for all Americans TO NOT CARRY A GUN.
if innocent civilians could just shoot back.....

lol.

And you got stars.

[SNIPPED]
If it were common knowledge that EVERYONE carried a strap....
don't you think less people would be inclined to openly shoot at someone for fear that they may be killed?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Kandinsky because: Removed censor circumvention

Possibly.

Doesn't make the idea any less stupid.

Yeah? and how's that buddy?
If the time came where you were pinned down by some crazed gunman... and some civilians came to your rescue because they can carry a gun and saved your life.......... I'll bet your opinion would change... or maybe not.. some bleeding heart liberals don't tend to see the broad picture.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Welcome to the internet.

Don't worry, it callouses you after a while and before you know it you won't feel much at all. It's better this way sometimes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join