It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-old boy among victims as more than 20 shot on one Chicago day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
maybe it should be illegal for all Americans TO NOT CARRY A GUN.
if innocent civilians could just shoot back.....

Plutonian, you speak words of iron. Star. And
it seems to work just dandy in Kennisaw GA.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This happens every year, once the weather gets hot (we had a few days of hitting 80), crime just SKY ROCKETS here in Chicago.... People acted like crime was down here in chicago to start the year, but we just had a long winter and spring is just NOW starting, hence the reason for the uptick in shootings and death... If we have a "hotter than usual" summer, killings will be much higher than previous years, if its a moderately warm summer, the numbers will be average...

Just another year in Chicago... No surprise here, and sadly, its practically accepted. We can now predict murders and shootings here based on the temperature outside...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really have no idea why it is so hard for gun advocates to understand. Gun control in Chicago does not work because of the surrounding states lack of gun control.

If a criminal or seller to criminals want guns then go get them there and return.

Also as one gun advocate said in another thread..why us the deaths of innocents to promote your cause? I guess it is OK when it is for guns, just not against guns...

You want it to work...then it must be country wide. It might be too late for any type of control though since everyone is able to get guns without any type of laws to prevent it..such as background checks...etc.

The thread about the kid who shot his sister..guess what a background check may have prevented this there too..since I doubt this was the parents only stupid mistake concerning their kids. A background check would have prevented the parents from receiving a gun and giving it to their kid. But no...let anyone get a gun and let another tragedy occur and then cry about another senseless death..yet still refuse to see it is the lack of gun control laws that are the problem.

IDIOTS.
edit on 3-5-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Xtrozero

Something's wrong everywhere. People are sick, getting angry and going nuts. It's a real plague - obviously in the air and water and food. Time to retool.

You hit it right on the head here, IMO. Guns have nothing to do with it, either way.

If anything, guns cost money and the people more often snapping and going homicidal are already near or at bottom. If they had guns, much of the time, they've sold them on the way down. It's just as often we're hearing about people with knives, bare hands or even teeth in a couple cases that almost read like a hollywood horror. I've even wondered about Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, as the BSE/Scrappy in feed animals was once something I read having a possible carry time of up to 20 years. It's a thing I've certainly never forgotten anyway ...but that doesn't make sense to what we see either.

The ones who survive the more outlandish and just "Hollywood Crazy" attacks, those few who do, are just in another world and disconnected. Totally broken from reality, in many cases, it would seem. That isn't how that should be showing. They'd stay violent or unstable for the damage continuing in their heads if that were the cause.

It's just baffling ..but no less disturbing for it. Maybe we'll know ...I certainly hope so, as it seems more than just the collective stress snap of economic and general times right now. So much more.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I really have no idea why it is so hard for gun advocates to understand. Gun control in Chicago does not work because of the surrounding states lack of gun control. 

Is that the reason I can buy heroin down the street??? Because it's legal in New Jersey?

Yeah.... let me know what state heroin is sold in .... legally.

IDIOTS

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Originally posted by resoe26
maybe it should be illegal for all Americans TO NOT CARRY A GUN.
if innocent civilians could just shoot back.....

lol.

And you got stars.

[SNIPPED]
If it were common knowledge that EVERYONE carried a strap....
don't you think less people would be inclined to openly shoot at someone for fear that they may be killed?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Kandinsky because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

....The ones who survive the more outlandish and just "Hollywood Crazy" attacks, those few who do, are just in another world and disconnected. Totally broken from reality, in many cases, it would seem. That isn't how that should be showing. They'd stay violent or unstable for the damage continuing in their heads if that were the cause.

...Much (most?) chronic disease occurs in "flare-ups" that are "triggered" by micro- or macro-environmental factors, singly or else in combination. These flare-ups pass and the symptoms disappear. For a while. ...So what's happening on our planet? Low-grade chronic radiation exposure? Gamma rays in marigold pollen? ...?

...Are the same factors affecting human -mood- also responsible for accelerating microbial mutations/evolution?

edit on 3/5/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah those two things are the same..

Why do gun advocates love to compare items totally irrelevant to guns.

Guns and drugs..not the same..smart guy.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Yeah those two things are the same..

Why do gun advocates love to compare items totally irrelevant to guns.

Guns and drugs..not the same..smart guy.

Well then, I take it you believe that you are the 'smart guy' then?

In that case, please explain how passing a law against guns in one jurisdiction must fail because they are legal in another jurisdiction.

Heroin is not legal in the countries that produce it.... yet here it is, commonly available in our country.... where it is not produced.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I guess we need more gun control....but wait guns are already illegal in Chicago

No they aren't.

When will this false meme die?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

They don't even have to go to another State...they just go to the burbs to buy guns.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

OMG..you know what...never mind..

You are just not that ...hmmmm....well...no nice way to put it...but smart...so there is no use in trying to debate you.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Heroin is not legal in the countries that produce it.... yet here it is, commonly available in our country.... where it is not produced.

Just couldn't resist....because the drug dealers get it from a countries that are slack on drugs...understand? Like Mexico where the dealers can buy off government officials and police. Here too..

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

OMG..you know what...never mind..

You are just not that ...hmmmm....well...no nice way to put it...but smart...so there is no use in trying to debate you.

Sounds like a lame cop out.
That is what happens when you are wrong and you don't have anything else to say. Ooooh, I'll just call them stupid and run away!
edit on 3-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Just couldn't resist....because the drug dealers get it from a countries that are slack on drugs...understand? Like Mexico where the dealers can buy off government officials and police. Here too..

Is it your position that the US is slack on drug convictions? Might want to check the jails.
There isn't any shortage of methamphetamine in the US, and it is made in the US, almost all of it! Which state of the US is it legal to manufacture methamphetamine and sell it without a prescription in?
Thank you.
So, it would be your position that, if there was one world government, and guns were illegal everywhere on Earth, that you would not have any of them around? They would cease to exist?

Oh,almost forgot.... UNDERSTAND?(see how silly that looks?)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

call it a cop out if you want..if it makes you feel better...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And yet again..you prove me right...
Maybe you should stop while you are ahead...might lose respect if anyone had any for you...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And yet again..you prove me right...
Maybe you should stop while you are ahead...might lose respect if anyone had any for you...

Got anything that you can point out?

Or must we guess?

Maybe you should stop while you are ahead...might lose respect if anyone had any for you.

What would you care? A thinking person would see another cop out..... "shut up for your own good.... I really care what other people think about you!"

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The U.S. is really going to the dogs. Too many people can't settle an argument without pulling out a gun. Lose your life and freedom for a few minutes of rage. It's just pure ignorance, hatred and a loss of morals and respect for your fellow man.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There's a lot of dangerous things we are exposed to and have access to on a daily basis. I'm not sure this is even a gun issue at all so much as it's a society issue. We've been indoctrinated into a society that thinks that the government is the answer to everything. How many times do you hear "there ought to be a law"? The areas that are so rife with gun violence are generally rife with drug traffic, prostitution, and all sorts of other things that lend to desperation more than anything else, and the government panders to that portion of society by encouraging rotten behavior in school children by banning any sort of discipline or punishment, encouraging single parenthood by rewarding prolific single moms with more money for each child. It's just a deteriorating society in general, abandonment of moral/family values, and a general contempt for social behavior. And most of it originates from the federal government.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join