It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer, Anal and Mafia No Fear: The astonishing names which parents wanted to give to their newborn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
reply to post by followtheevidence

I don't see the connection between adapting to the environment and naming your child Anal.

I was being hyperbolic. I should have included an addendum apparently.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Any parent that seriously wants to call their child Anal, needs to be looked into thoroughly. Something sadistically wrong in that family. I'd be checking the back pages of the family album for the secret spot they keep the diddly pics..

Sickos.. Oo

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Magister

How about Lucius?

That would also be a good middle name! Being born on Halloween explains some of my "excentricities"!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The kid named "Number 16 bus shelter"
must have been named after the place of conception.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I agree, Doc. I can't believe how many people are supporting the idea of the government dictating what someone can name their child. I DO understand not allowing the "." or numbers for administrative purposes, but to dictate that I can't name my child "Justice"??? That's about as anti-freedom as it gets!

And so many here support it???

ps. My animal's names are Cara, Mia, Jaia, B'asia, Graycee (male) and Bonzie (female). I'm sure the government of NZ would have a field day if these were human.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Crazy parents. Although i am thinking that "Anal" may be a protest name registered by a father who has been caught out. As in "in future, it is going to be anal darling............"

Good catch and thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It's also stupid when they can't even spell the name correctly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm extremely libertarian in my outlook on life-but when parents want to name their child something like "Anal" SOMEONE has to step in,i mean come ON.I would have the CPU have a bit of a look at that family set-up anyway-parents like that cannot possibly care much for their child.What would they want to call any siblings-d**khead? Vaginal? Really that's just screwed up.Justice is a lovely name,in my country it's not an unusual name at all.The black population have the good idea of giving a child 2 names-a traditional tribal name,plus an English name eg.Palesa Sophie or Simphiwe Arthur,etc.They often name their child an English name like Beauty,Precious,Wisdom,etc too,perfectly acceptable here.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
most of those names are lame, but all people should have the freedom to name there child what ever they want.

Why? They only pick these ridiculous names for selfish reasons. I would never ever give my child a name like that, they grow up and aren't cute little babies for life. It is wrong to give a child a name just to entertain yourself or your own selfish desires to be "different." You can be different with the name without being completely ridiculous and naming your kid Lucifer or Hitler is just stupid and you are asking for that child to be picked on. This child has to grow up and live with this name for life! Imagine the bullying they would get?! I would never do that to my child.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am all for keeping parents from naming their kids ridiculous names. The kid has to grow up with it and then live his/her life as an adult with the name.

I worked at an elementary school yrs ago and one of the teachers told me the name of one of the kids in her class, PLACENTA!! I mean who in their right friggin mind names their child that! She then told me various other names of kids in her class that their not so bright parents thought of. I felt bad for those kids because they were in for a world of bullying in middle and highschool, kids can be mean and we all know it. It takes just one to start picking on a kid and his name for that to stick with them for a lifetime. It's sad and no kid should have to deal with that.

edit on 5/3/2013 by mblahnikluver because: grammar

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
And I thought Englebert Humperdinck was a stupid name.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

here we go...... there always has to be a argument against freedoom, just as its the parents have a right to name there kids what they want, the kids and parents also have the freedom to fill out the form when signing them up for school to write there nick name in if they perfer to keep there child from being tormented. The children themselfs also have the right to do what ever they want on the schoolyard, they can blow it off, they can earn a nickname, or they can just deal with it. You are a sad soul if you are againt any personel freedom.

some familey names that have been passed down from generations are more of a target than these stupid new wave names that parents come out with. For instance If you are a boy there are many man names that were man names 100-300 years ago, but now are considered girls names.

You are just aguring for the sake of arguing.

did it ever occur to you that some parents want kids to understand that it is not the name that makes you the person that you are, but the actions you take and the words you speak that make us who you are?

but i guess your just wrapped up in your own opinion, i feel sorry for you.

and dont give any bullsnipe about bullying, cause thats been going for 1000s of years, its being brought up now in main stream media cause they need to keep the people occupied somehow

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

here we go...... there always has to be a argument against freedoom, just as its the parents have a right to name there kids what they want, the kids and parents also have the freedom to fill out the form when signing them up for school to write there nick name in if they perfer to keep there child from being tormented. The children themselfs also have the right to do what ever they want on the schoolyard, they can blow it off, they can earn a nickname, or they can just deal with it. You are a sad soul if you are againt any personel freedom.

some familey names that have been passed down from generations are more of a target than these stupid new wave names that parents come out with. For instance If you are a boy there are many man names that were man names 100-300 years ago, but now are considered girls names.

You are just aguring for the sake of arguing.

did it ever occur to you that some parents want kids to understand that it is not the name that makes you the person that you are, but the actions you take and the words you speak that make us who you are?

but i guess your just wrapped up in your own opinion, i feel sorry for you.

and dont give any bullsnipe about bullying, cause thats been going for 1000s of years, its being brought up now in main stream media cause they need to keep the people occupied somehow

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Hi DH you were'nt adressing me in your reply,but mind if i say something here? First off,while i agree with you that bullying is and unfortunately always will be a part of human nature,your and my viewpoint on dealing with it differs somewhat.I do respect your toughlove approach,while mine is that the more vulnerable,less emotionally tough kids should also be protected.Because those are often the kids with a lot to offer in the intellectual spheres-often the more "nerdy" types,if you will.Society can't run on brawn+tough alone.You can't have just Darryls,you need folks like the old veterinary surgeon too,a very simple way of looking at it.But we can disagree about that,on to the naming issue.Say,you and your wife are deliberating about a name for your beloved,treasured newborn:Obviously,if you're a fit parent,you only want the best for your child-at the very least,you don't want to make life harder for your child than it need be.So give the child a name that although unique,is not a name that is going to invite ridicule,outright derisive laughter and teasing, a name that is not going to make your child feel like a freak.Answer me this only,had your parents called you Anal,would you still be of the opinion that folks should be allowed to call their kids whatEver they want?There's a difference between unique names,and names that is going to cause one's child outright misery.Let them get a dog/cat/parrot and call it Anal,naming a child that,shows imo, indeed selfishness and absolutely no regard for that child's welfare.If parents are that hung up on standing out for being quirky/different/eccentric charming freedom-loving oddballs/whatever there's a whole entertainment industry,YT,clubs,pubs,cafés,and even street theatre-no need to do it vicariously through the poor helpless kid.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
The kid named "Number 16 bus shelter"
must have been named after the place of conception.

Reminded me of a bad joke about a kid named "broken rubber"!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

i understand that you shouldn't give kids names like anal, but if my parents gave me that name it is within there right, they made me, and free will is the only thing we truly own on this earth, anyone that tries to strip that away from me and my fellow man/women is no friend of the human race.

i do believe in protecting those that are truly unable to protect themselves, but i dont believe sheltering the weak. if one is weak that means they can become powerful(and im not talking just physical strength). Will the weak gain power if they are being coddled there whole life, or will they continue to be weak. I think sheltering one from the world does a greater disservice to the individual than letting one experience the world as it is.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

i understand that you shouldn't give kids names like anal, but if my parents gave me that name it is within there right, they made me, and free will is the only thing we truly own on this earth, anyone that tries to strip that away from me and my fellow man/women is no friend of the human race.

What about the kid's rights and free will? Okay, give the parents the right to name their children any hateful, degrading or insulting name they want at birth, I *guess* it's their right to be bad parents -- but when the kid goes to public school, they should have the right to change their name to whatever they want legally - the parents should have no say at that point. Kids have rights too, and they have the right to not be treated like poop with a name like Anal.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

What about the kid's rights and free will? Okay, give the parents the right to name their children any hateful, degrading or insulting name they want at birth, I *guess* it's their right to be bad parents -- but when the kid goes to public school, they should have the right to change their name to whatever they want legally - the parents should have no say at that point. Kids have rights too, and they have the right to not be treated like poop with a name like Anal.

I didn't say anything about rights(although i did use term in a earlier post i miss-used it, sorry. I should have used the term freewill), the term rights is just a two sided word created by lawmakers to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Rights sound good and all, but for every right that is "granted" to us, how many restrictions are imposed.

The kid does have freewill, he can ask his parents to fill out the section of the school application with a nick name instead of the real name, at least were im from, parents had that option, he/she could personally ask the teachers to go by a nickname/ middle/last. He/she could earn a nickname amongst his piers, he/she could change the pronunciation to AH-nel Or he/she could wear that name like a suit of armor, or he/she can run off and join the circus. That is the beauty of freewill, all the possibilities.

When rights and restrictions come into play all the sudden freewill is hindered, like I said anyone that wants to hinder our freewill is no friend of the human race.
edit on 11-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join