It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bringing the giants back!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Most of you here know about the Titans said to walk this earth in antiquity and perhaps you have also heard rumours about the government covering up evidence of giant skeletons that have been found around the Earth. What I want to know is if we got our hands on a well preserved body could we extract the dna and bring them back?

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
King James Bible

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It wont happen in the western world as it would be incredibly unethical and would break numerous international human right's laws but I suppose it could be possible in time but I don't see anyone volunteering to be the mother

Edit- to ask, Have they found 30 foot + skeletons and if so do you have any links to some kind of proof?
edit on 1-5-2013 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Are these the ones from San Fransisco?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
What I want to know is if we got our hands on a well preserved body could we extract the dna and bring them back?

Ignoring the impossibility of their existence for a moment, one major difficulty will be finding a woman stupid enough to carry one of these babies during the cloning trial.

That is, given the "baby" would end up being the size of a fully grown modern adult.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
1. clone giants
2. retard their mental capacity
3. addict them to a drug only I can make
4. train them to fight
5. have army of giants to take over the world

Bonus:
6. Get one of those backpack things that parents put babies in. Get one big enough for an adult, and ride around on my giants while shouting orders.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the earth's current atmospheric mix not suitable for such giant life forms? I mean specifically that O2 levels are too low. I know I read this in reference to there once being a mix of earth's O2 levels wherein insects and such were able to grow to truly scary proportions.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Impossible to resurrect them, as they contain not just human dna but also angel dna. We currently [that we know of] have never dealt with angel dna. Also just wait for the angles [demons actually] to come back posing as aliens in the near future, and many willing human volunteers will be there to have their "upgrade" which really is dna manipulation for satanic purposes, which is what the 'giants' aka nephilim really are, cheers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
if there had been 30 foot humans in our past, they'd have easily been able to build the pyramids etc! i've occasionally wondered about that because i really don't think the egyptians built them in 20 years at a rate of 1 block every couple of minutes

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Bringing the giants back!
I don't think replicating the DNA would necessarily give you a giant. There has been discussions about giants actually attained their stature from the oxygen content of the atmosphere (35%) and living in a lower gravitational field. I would suspect what you would end up with is a "Human Being" of normal size, or normal for what we perceive. Try the experiment on Mars where the gravity is less than here on earth and use 35% oxygen in your environment.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"While we were in the sand hills, scouting the Niobrara country, the Pawnee Indians brought into camp some very large bones, one of which the surgeon of the expedition pronounced to be the thigh-bone of a human being. The Indians claimed that the bones they had found were those of a person belonging to a race of people who a long time ago lived in this country; that there was once a race of men on the earth whose size was about three times that of an ordinary man, and they were so swift and powerful that they could run along-side of a buffalo, and, taking the animal in one arm, could tear off a leg and eat the meat as they walked."

texascryptidhunter.blogspot.co.uk...

"Growing up in Nevada I had heard stories of the Sitecah from the Paiute Indians that lived in the area. They told of red-haired men and women of light colored skin as tall as 12 feet who originally lived in the area when the Paiutes had first arrived. Evidently these human giants liked to eat the Indians so they had problems making friends. The Indian tribes of the area finally joined and ambushed the giants killing most of them on the spot. The remaining giants took refuge in a cave. The Indians demanded they come out and fight but the giants refused. So, the Indians piled brush into the cave and set it on fire. Any giants that did run out were shot with arrows, the remaining giants were asphyxiated."
garry-nelson.hubpages.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them

Human females could do it back then according to the bible.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

the human body simply is not scalable .

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them

Human females could do it back then according to the bible.

Doesn't mention how many of those 'daughters of men' survived the birth though, does it?

I certainly won't be volunteering...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Some girls are a bit naughty though and if he dopped his shorts....you know all those girls that wear big earrings

my mum always said avoid girls who ware big earnings!
edit on 1-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Much like the Alien Skeleton that has been proven to contain human DNA we see another example of how truly blind we are to what history and folklore tells us over and over again to be true. Even with scientific evidence, photos and documentation most people will continue to believe that it is all Aliens and not a simple variation of the common human form.

Giants

One of the most fascinating cases of giants in U. S. history are the Smithsonian Giants. During the genocidal conquest of the indigenous peoples of North America, the United States Calvary and hired mercenaries encountered giants living among the tribes, and engaged in direct combat with them. The mindset used to justify the wholesale slaughter of many, and forced relocation of the rest of these tribes, was that they were sub-human; their darker skin being a key to this gross misconception. The giants they encountered and killed were red-headed with white skin. Fearing a backlash from the American people for killing whites, giants or not, the government ordered that all bodies of these giants be retrieved and shipped to the Smithsonian Institute, to hide the damaging evidence. We have no idea if those bodies were ever disposed of, but there is sufficient evidence available from the Smithsonian officials and documentation of the time to believe this actually occurred.
♦ Bones of giants have been uncovered in the United States in New York, California, Ohio, Tennessee, Illinois, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Missouri, Nevada, Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Arizona, New Mexico, and Kentucky from as early as 1792 to as late as 1965.
♦ The legends of early North American tribes are rich with stories of giants, including the Sioux, who told about giants that ran down the buffalo, and the Algonquin stories of giant, bearded men that first occupied their native lands. Individuals, from Columbus to Wild Bill Cody, gave testimony to their existence in North America. Reports of giant skeletons up to 25 and more feet being discovered were reported in early history of the occupation of the United States.
♦ Early English history describes, and even names, giants. Miss Marion, the 8-foot, six-inch Queen of the Amazons, the 8-foot, four-inch George Auger, of the 1903 Barnum and Bailey Circus, Charles Byrne the towering eight-foot-two-inch giant, who gained fame in the late 1700s in London, are just three such giants. Bones of giants up to 13 feet and taller have been uncovered all over the English landscape.
♦ In China, archaeologists have found some of the earliest skeletal remains of giants, as much as fifteen feet tall. Melchior Nunnez, in his letters from India, vouches for the fact that some five hundred giants were used as archers to guard the gates of Peking. George Hakewill, in his Apologie, written in 1627, issued a similar report.
♦ A skeleton found in 1692 in a tomb near Angers, France, measured seventeen-feet, four-inches. And, in his "De Gigantibus", Joh Cassanio speaks of a giant in Bordeaux, France that stood so tall, a man of ordinary size could walk between his legs. He states that Francis I of France (1494-1547) enlisted him as one of his guards.
♦ The Greeks had more than their share of giants in their legends, including Agrius, Alcyoneus, Aloeus, Alpus, Antaeüs, Arges, Atlas, Brontes, Chthonius, Clytius, Coeus, Crius, Cronus, Damasen, Enceladus, Ephialtes, Epimetheus, Eurytus, Gegenees, Gration, Hippolytus, Hopladamus, Hyperion, Lapetus, Metis, Mimas, Mnemosyne, Oceanus, Orion, Orius, Otus, Pallas, Peloreus, Phoebe, Polybotes, Porphyrion, Prometheus, Rhea, Steropes, Talus, Tethys, Thea, Themis, Thoas, Thurius, and Typhoeus.
♦ At Agadir, in Morocco, the French Captain Lafanechere discovered a complete arsenal of hunting weapons, including five hundred double-edged axes weighing over seventeen pounds, 20 times as heavy as would be convenient for modern man. To use these tools would require the hands of a size appropriate to a giant with a stature of at least 13 feet.
♦ Giants play an integral role in the lore of the Norse gods, including Angr-boda, Asvid, Aurboda, Aurvandil, Baugi, Beli, Bergelmir, Bestla, Bolthorn, Bolverk, Börr, Brimer, Buri, Byleist, Eggther, Farbauti, Fjolvar, Gang, Geirrod, Gerdh, Gilling, Gjalp, Grid, Gunnlauth, Gymir, Hela, Helblindi, Hlebard, Hrauthung, Hreidmar, Hrimthurs, Hrod, Hrungnir, Hrym, Hymir, Hyndla, Hyrrokin, Ide, Jarnsaxa, Jötunn, Laufey, Leirbrimir, Logi, Mistblindi, Norfe, Odin, Orvandil, Skadi, Surt, Suttung, Thiassi, Thrym, Thurs, Tjatsi, Trivaldi, Trym, Utgarda-Loki, and Vafthruthnir.
♦ Many mariners, such as Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, Sir Francis Drake, Sir Thomas Cavendish, Oliver Noort, Sebald de Weert, William Cowley, George Spilbergen, and George Shelvock, reported encountering giants in the logs of their voyages.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yawn this subject AGAIN......

Principle of Similitude

Why you don't have really large giant people wandering around
edit on 1/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There are a number of factors that prevent a human-looking creature from getting too much bigger than we are now. Gravity, for one. Not only would our bones have to be much larger and differently configured to support the gain in mass, our internal organs -- heart, especially -- would have a very difficult time moving blood and fluids high enough for the giant to keep its brain going.

Along with that, a giant's eyes also couldn't get too much larger without them becoming completely useless due to refractivity and illumination issues. So they'd have a big huge head with tiny little, normal-sized eyes in them.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Principle of Similitude

Im 6ft6 tall so why cant there be a guy twice my height?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

So, big humans would have poor eyes and bad organs but dinosaurs like T-rex had great eyesight and strong bodies that helped them dominate in an age of giant, vicious animals?

edit on 1-5-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Principle of Similitude

Im 6ft6 tall so why cant there be a guy twice my height?

Read the article, our bodies do not scale up, take a look at the size of a large two-legged dinosaurs legs and compare them to a mans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join