It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

news.yahoo.com

Boston police have three additional suspects in custody in connection to the Boston Marathon bombings, the department confirmed to Yahoo News Tuesday.
A spokeswoman at the Boston police department directed all questions on the suspects to the FBI, which has yet to disclose their identities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
inagist.com

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well it seems that the thoughts/suspicions of a cell being involved in this are an ever growing possibility (purely speculation on my part). While there is no information other than the very minimal bit mentioned it seems that the rabbit hole in Boston is growing even deeper. No further details have been announced but I will update this thread to the best of my ability as information is released.

That is all

Trowa

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

More links

MSN news
Boston cbs local
Hot air
edit on 1/5/13 by TrowaBarton because: To edit content and add links

+6 more 
posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wish they would make up their minds. First there was a cell, then there was no cell, now there is a cell again. Then they received help, then they did it on their own, now it looks like they had help again. Then the bombs were sophisticated, then they were simple, now they are sophisticated again. Geesh this story is enough to make your head spin the way it keeps changing.

Here is an idea for reporters and analysts, report the story when you have the facts straight.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here is some info on possible charges they were arrested under.....

CBS confirms 3 suspects were arrested for harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact. These will be federal charges.

I would think they may be possible room mates?

Des

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is some info on possible charges they were arrested under.....

CBS confirms 3 suspects were arrested for harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact. These will be federal charges.

I would think they may be possible room mates?

Des

I doubt it. The roommates probably had no idea it was him. I don't think he'd tell anyone he wasn't extremely close to.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

here is an other one saying the Feds that made the arrests www.boston.com... from the link

Three additional people arrested in Boston Marathon bombings
E-mail | Print | Comments (7) 05/01/2013 11:27 AM

By John R. Ellement and Martin Finucane, Globe Staff

Three college students have been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings, a Boston police source said this morning.

The Boston police official Twitter account said that three additional “suspects” had been taken into custody.

The source said the three had been arrested by federal authorities.

Police said in the tweet that further details would follow.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is facing federal charges of using a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in death in the twin bombings that struck near the Marathon finish line on April 15.

His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed in a confrontation with police several days afterward as the two tried to flee the area. Police say they were trying to subdue him when his brother ran him over in a desperate escape.

Authorities say the two also killed an MIT police officer as they tried to escape. No charges have been filed yet in that case.
from the Globe?? not a good source but here is the CBS it seems they are being arrested for being friends with one of the bombers boston.cbslocal.com... from the link

Sources told CBS News senior correspondent John Miller that investigators arrested three suspects for harboring or aiding the Tsarnaev brothers after the fact.

These will be federal charges, announced later.
No cell to find! They did act alone and not that well, if they knew what they where doing there would be more than just 3 dead and 200 injured.

link   
reply to post by Havox

More from the link, I got above snippet from.....

Three New Suspects in Marathon Bombing Taken Into Custody

Boston Police just announced that three additional suspects have been taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombing case. They are said to be college students arrested on federal charges of "harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact."

Katy Conrad, CBS news producer, broke the news of the charges:Three New Suspects in Marathon Bombing Taken Into Custody

Des

link   
I have to think that the wife of Tamerlan is one of those arrested.

They just took evidence from her house, right?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Havox

More from the link, I got above snippet from.....

Three New Suspects in Marathon Bombing Taken Into Custody

Boston Police just announced that three additional suspects have been taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombing case. They are said to be college students arrested on federal charges of "harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact."

Katy Conrad, CBS news producer, broke the news of the charges:Three New Suspects in Marathon Bombing Taken Into Custody

Des

Ah, my bad. Might be the roommates then. But do you really think he would have told them? Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The two students were the ones in the photo with the brothers and the car with the Terrorista license plate. The two 19-year-old men from Kazakhstan are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev.
punditpress
edit on 1-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

And in the minutes it took me to write this already more info has emerged lol. Thank you for that link. I was half thinking that this was going to play into a cell aspect, who knows it may still. I do however feel like I just got caught up in the "breaking news" fever and am semi embarrassed. I guess as this unfolds we can keep track of it on this thread at least.

Trowa

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

More info coming in.....

According to CBS News, the three people arrested are friends of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Two will be charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and making false statements. They are not U.S. citizens.

According to WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson, their names are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev. Both are originally from Kazakhstan and attended the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

The third suspect, according to CBS News, is an American citizen and he will be charged with making false statements.

Sources told CBS News senior correspondent John Miller that investigators arrested the three for harboring or aiding the Tsarnaev brothers after the fact. These will be federal charges.

boston.cbslocal.com...

I'm also wondering if the American citizen is the Wife of Brother #1.

Des

edit on 1-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If they were arrested on harboring/aiding...all they had to do was something like loan them their car or some money after they were identified as suspects. Technically, I guess they could be in trouble for simply not reporting it after they found out they were identified as suspects...that can constitute aiding them.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks like roomies/friends of suspect #2 that was captured have been caught falsifying testimony to the feds.

According to WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson, their names are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev. Both are originally from Kazakhstan and attended the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Source

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

This is why we as members on at ATS need to do the work, MSM and TPTB will not or can not do it, I would post links on the bombs them selves but then that would not be a good idea to do , they are not that hard to make, just look at the mid east, Numbers dead 50, 75, 100 and they are the same bomb.

Now as an ATS thinker , 3 dead?? this should in it self say something, either the 2 where amateur's or a staged event. This whole "it was a complicated device" is Dis Info form the git go. Complicated? no more so than reloading your own ammo, think out it as an over sized Shot gun shell, and the trigger as battery pack.

edit on 1-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
radaronlinesays that these two from Kazakstan were pictured with both brothers recently in Times Square....

Maybe there is more to it than just harboring and aiding?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Here's some info on 2 of the newly arrested. They've been questioned already...great indepth article at link....

Azamat Tazhayakov, Dias Kadyrbayev, Classmates Of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Deny Wrongdoing

By DAVID B. CARUSO and MICHAEL KUNZELMAN 04/26/13 10:17 PM ET EDT AP

This undated photo added on April 18, 2013 to the VK page of Dias Kadyrbayev shows, from left, Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, from Kazakhstan, with Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in Times Square in New York. Kadyrbayev and Tazhayakov, two college buddies of Tsarnaev, were jailed by immigration authorities the day after Tsarnaev's capture. They are not suspects, but are being held for violating their student visas by not regularly attending classes, Kadyrbayev’s lawyer

BOSTON -- Two college friends of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who were jailed by immigration authorities the day after his capture had nothing to do with the deadly attack and had seen no hints that he harbored any violent thoughts or terrorist sympathies, a lawyer for one of them said Friday.

Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, who are from Kazakhstan, were classmates with Tsarnaev at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. They appeared alongside him in a recent photograph of a group of young men visiting New York City's Times Square. They were detained April 20 after being questioned in connection with the bombing, which had killed three people and injured more than 260 others a few days earlier.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Des

edit on 1-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That could be true. Anyone know the possibility that these roommates knew about the attacks ahead of time? Is it possible they completely missed that their roomies were moving around explosives and pressure cookers?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew
reply to post by butcherguy

That could be true. Anyone know the possibility that these roommates knew about the attacks ahead of time? Is it possible they completely missed that their roomies were moving around explosives and pressure cookers?

If anyone else knew, these guys are on a very short list.

Not saying that it means anything.... but they are from Kazahkstan.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

you can never tell, for it might turn out to be a cell , or that's how they could spin it. Lets see how this plays out , in the next few hours or days. there still have yet to say whom the female DNA belongs to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join