It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are alcoholics, winos, and sugar addicts just craving Vitamin C? "Of course" says the OP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I honestly stopped craving it as much on liposomal vitamin c.

There's a big difference between it and pills, etc.

I have taken every snake oil cure there is and felt nothing. It's is the first thing that has made a marked difference in my behaviour, mind and body.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is a completely ridiculous premise.

Alcohol, and alcoholics have been around for THOUSANDS of years. Clever corporations fooling around with the world food supply have NOT.

Alcoholics are physically and mentally addicted to Alcohol. Their bodies will go crazy without it, and it's very possible to die from Alcohol withdrawl. Even without the physical addiction, there is the mental addiction. People quite easily get addicted to things that make them feel good, and alcohol generally makes people feel good, that's why millions of them do it.

Vitamins have nothing at all to do with why people are alcoholics.

The other examples you listed are a bit more reasonable, but still way off base. Sugar is addictive much like alcohol or other drugs are.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I take vitamin c every day. Sometimes twice a day. Yet i still want alcohol often.

How much are you taking at each "serving"? Alcohol and me never were best buddies, I prefer the other. If I have a beer I usually nurse it after taking two sips, which taste really good and then the third is blah. When I do drink it's usually rum and pineapple juice, which is a huge sugar fix so I've kept away from that lately.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise
reply to post by DaRAGE

I honestly stopped craving it as much on liposomal vitamin c.

There's a big difference between it and pills, etc.

I have taken every snake oil cure there is and felt nothing. It's is the first thing that has made a marked difference in my behaviour, mind and body.

You are a living testimonial! Thanks for your optimistic report about the use of liposomal, but thanks even more for the great vegan cookie recipe. That's one I'll have to look at (and eat) seriously and many times!
edit on 1-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Actually they are craving tyramines or Glutamates. It is necessary to make some of the feel good chemistry in the body. The sugar or alcohol acts as an adjuvant to increase absorption. The sugar is often craved with a tyramine, flour or grains that is aged or fermented like a cinnamon roll. If you want to quit drinking, eat naturally aged meat or natural yogurts instead of sugary food so weight isn't gained.

I know three ways to stem these headaches but I can't tell you guys, otherwise you will blame me for your getting drunk to try them out..

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

ive heard that certain native folk have a natural low iron content, and then i hear that natives love there "fire water". i hear booze is rich in iron. coincidense?
edit on 1-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

ive heard that certain native folk have a natural low iron content, and then i hear that natives love there "fire water". i hear booze is rich in iron. coincidense?
edit on 1-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Good point. I've heard (not being a Doc! Great handle!) that men shouldn't take too much iron (unless they are giving blood every month or two), and women after menopause should cut back on iron as well. Firewater! The name has got two of the four elemental elements covered, now we need to name something just as interesting and addicting as firewater either earthair or airearth......and then party.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Vitamin C???
why you have to corrupt my drinking with health talk?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Alcoholics are probably craving B Vitamins also.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by malchir

Sunny D has next to none Vitamin C. It's not even made with real fruit juice anymore; just poisonous Acesulfame potassium.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

There is a vast difference between alcohol abusers who are often mistaken as alcoholics and use to medicate themselves and true alcoholics.
I think alcoholics have a severe allergic reaction in which the body then craves the thing that is destroying it. Hence the jeckal and hyde behavioral modifications one sees with alcoholism. I don't think it's as simple as they are a weak character individual who uses alcohol as an escape from stress.

Ever seen a child with an allergy to food dye? How dramatically their behavior changes. It is very familiar to seeing an alcoholic drink. I don't believe for a second it's just a matter of addictive 'personality' or weak character on their part. Otherwise in this stress filled society one out of two people would be an alcoholic.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Humans drink ethanol because it is an addictive sedative. It relaxes them and has mild anesthetic effects.
(I've only sipped ethanol water(beer) 4 times in my life. All 23 years ago in my granpa's house.)

en.wikipedia.org...

Human eat sugar because of our ancestors. Early hominids ate fruits(with sugars),wild honey,berries,insects and animal meat(the organs mostly sometimes the meat)and blood(with sodium,potassium,magnesium and other nutrient metals).

Guess what? Humans still eat struff with high amounts of fructose in it. Like High Fructose Corn Syrup and honey.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In relation to Alcoholics they are only craving more alcohol, or diazepam to calm them down a bit.

Interestingly one of the drugs that lots of Alcoholics get is Thiamine, Vitamin B.

Don’t know if Vitamin C would do them much good but I know there is a lot of evidence supporting Vitamin B.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Has anyone else received private messages from TheMistro81 or is it just me?

Wild claim of the day...only recovering/recovered alcoholics understand how alcohol is absorbed and distributed around the body, also alcoholics process alcohol different to other humans...but you only know this if you have experienced it...doctors, professionals just guess apparently.

Its not an addiction according to this expert, its an allergy....
lol

Weirdest personal message ive had in a while lol
edit on 1-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

Many different ways of relieving stress, exercise, religion...alcohol, sex...

Craving something is an addiction, an allergy is a response to a chemical. I can guess who gave you that solitary star by the personal message i just received.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Wild claim of the day...only recovering/recovered alcoholics understand how alcohol is absorbed and distributed around the body, also alcoholics process alcohol different to other humans...but you only know this if you have experienced it...doctors, professionals just guess apparently.

Alcoholics do process alcohol differently in a way they develop a tolerance for it and as there liver becomes more and more damaged this tolerance falls until they eventually cant process alcohol atoll.

I remember once nursing a alcoholic who’s dying wish was for one last ice cold beer, he was going to die anyway so we all agreed that this old man could have his last wish. So I went in give him his beer and two minutes later he was buzzing so I went to ask him what was wrong. He told me he felt really drunk and spaced after just a few sips of the booze then he started to go “flat”. You just get a instinct for death in my job so I knew he was minutes from death so held his hand as he slipped away.

His last words to me I will never forget, he looked at the half empty bottle and said “son, I have lived a awful life, my wife left me, my kids don’t want to know me and the grand kids think I am dead all because of that” he declared as he pointed at the beer and continued “ I have lost everything because of that F****ing stuff, everything all those years wasted drinking” then finally he said “ please don’t ever waste your life like I have with that sh*t”.

he died about 10 to 15 minutes later hold my hand looking at the half empty bottle of beer that had killed him.

I know that is a little off topic but the point is that yes as the alcohol starts to mess about with liver metabolism the alcohol affects the body differently we cant give them Saline for example has to be Dextrose because of the effects of the alcohol on thier bodies
edit on 1-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ethanol is a addictive sedative. Similar to opium and other sedative compounds like vicodin(opioids).

Stimulants are addictive too. Nicotine(stimulant and depressant),caffiene, coc aine,amphetamines etc.

edit on 1-5-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

bunghole pucker......

I know this is off topic...

But if it is now ok to say "bunghole pucker", the gloves are off, I have been restraining myself for years.

Just sayin'.

ETA:

Are alcoholics, winos, and sugar addicts just craving Vitamin C?

Not really, in the case of the two former, the basis is usually found in trauma and/or abuse in the foo; but it might be the case with the sugar.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The thing is physical addiction has to do with affinity in your brain for a certain compound. Taste doesn't reallly have anything to do with it. Things like opiates and benzodiazapines work by attaching to your GABA alpha receptors. Wich than creates an affinity for the compound in that receptor(makes you want more). Ethanol is works a little bit diffrently the molecule is two carbon atoms connected to an hydroxl group. c-c-o-h. The double carbon part is nonpolar while the OH is polar letting the molecule bind directly to the lipid layer of your neurons. It also binds to GABA receptors and others wich is why you get intoxicating effects similar to opiates and benzos. Withdraws from any of the compounds that I mentioned are really really severe and can lead to death in a lot of cases. About 50% of people that develop delusional withdraws usually die from them. This is all really scarry when you realizes that the most addictive and harmful substances are the ones that are legal or prescribed in mass quantities. They are also the ones we are aloud to discuss on this forum yet the ones that have no negative health effects no addictive qualities and some that are even heathly for you are banned? Why is the world so upside-down?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

That's a bit off topic. A thought about Vitamin C. It's been lacking in the human body, the body had and has a major genetic disease, and that major disease has been around as long or much longer than man has been drinking alcohol. Maybe they are related in ways that we don't know about, and interreact in the alcohol tricking the body into thinking its getting a quantity of vitamin C. Some guy made alcohol first, likely tried it, and passed it around to his family and friends. The knowledge about making it must have traveled like lightning through the culture. What I would guess was probably a little over a generation, the recipe for making drinkable alcohol entered man's timestream. It was almost a revolution. Did it become popular because of man's perpetual longing for Vitamin C? Maybe. And maybe its never been tested, so there is no statistical accumulation to refer to when addressing the issue.

Seems like a simple double-blind test, but hours-intensive because you'd have to make sure that the people on ascorbic acid took at least 5 grams a day of tablet ascobic acid or the highest absorbed amount of Vitamin C from the ATS-wide popular drinkable type.

Apart from that, the human bodies utter lack of Vitamin C - our species-wide major genetic disease - affects every organ, chemical system, and cell in the body, By the way, the bodies production line is almost able to make it, and is only missing one key step. But it keeps on trying to make it, every minute of every day, because most of the parts in the production process still are programmed to actually construct the stuff, and as far as any of it knows it's still putting it together.

edit on 1-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join