It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was hoping there was a writer's forum here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm glad to see a writer's forum on the site, but all I see is short story one. What about we aspiring novelists?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
I'm glad to see a writer's forum on the site, but all I see is short story one. What about we aspiring novelists?

I'm not a novelist but a screen writer, but here are some valuable sites I use.

www.squidoo.com...
www.writersintouch.com...

and
www.celtx.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

www.squidoo.com...

and
www.celtx.com...

Screewriter, eh? We might have to talk. I've got two novels done.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

www.squidoo.com...

and
www.celtx.com...

Screewriter, eh? We might have to talk. I've got two novels done.

We should! In our New Media consortium/production company, we have a person that takes novels and turns them into screenplays with the appropriate dialog and pacing. It's much easier to start with a screenplay in the beginning but we often work from a logline, treatment/outline to a finished script.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

We do have monthly writing contests. I run a permalink in my sig line pointing to the latest one.

Novelists can submit stories as well.

(To keep in practice, of course!)

However, I wouldn't recommend posting a story here that you plan on selling at some point in the future. While ATS ownership is really good about releasing content upon request, (yes, they do own the material once it's posted here) MOST publishers frown on previously published content. Before they buy your story, you'll have to sign a release stating they have exclusive ownership, and if you have a copy of a story here, it's no longer exclusive, and as stated, owned by The Above Network, LLC.

My suggestion: Go the self-publishing route, in E-book form. Google will give you the links.

Here's a story for you: There once was an aspiring novelist, but she got rejected by almost every major publisher. She wanted to get her story published, so she researched, and compiled it into an E-book. Charging .99 for a copy of her E-book, she has to date sold over 50,000 copies. True story, no links to the story, but I also went Hmmmm after reading it. The math states she made 50,000 dollars by self-publishing one story. (Well, ok, 49,500. Still nothing to sneeze at.) If you have two stories done, that's a potential 99,000 dollars given time.

Something to think about.

Still, I would love to read a few of your stories. I'm an avid reader, and writer, and love to peruse stories. Can you whip something short and sweet up? Perhaps an excerpt? Anything?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
(You could also head over to the Avatar Creations thread (in the sig link) for a new avatar. They do amazing artwork over there.)

Here's your avvy resized, put it into the background profile section. Visit the thread if you need any assistance. Best folk ever over there.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

There is a collaborative writing forum.

For example, I was writing a Gothic vampire story that needs a bit of an enema, or next chapter.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The forums and tools are present, but many people seem too occupied or self-absorbed.

Even short-stories have a limited readership (although many focus on salient conspiracy topics).

I'd love a collaborative writing idea for a new attempt at a novel.

new topics

top topics

join