It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court offers Bush supreme chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The illness of Chief Justice William Rehnquist opens up the prospect that President Bush might in his second term exercise one of the key powers a US president has - to nominate Supreme Court justices.

news.bbc.co.uk...

this could be intresting

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Interesting???

I prefer SCARY AS HELL....

Nothing like a Christie Fundie who believes he has a line to God, and a mandate for another Crusade, getting to install Justices of the Supreme Court...

Looks like we're already about to feel ourselves slide backwards a few decades.... Of course, some of us knew that was going to happen...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
One wildcard in all this is the fact that you never know what you are going to get once they are appointed. Rhenquist if I recall was expected to be a right winger and has beeeeeeen way more moderate. Nothing like lifetime security to bring about true beliefs eh?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
if he does get it think of all the wounderfull things he could do for him self

* completly out law gay wendings ( in my opinion the only thing i agree with )

* no rights for detainiees

and so on

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

and so on

- Yeah! That's what America 'needs' a big dose of narrow-minded fundamentalist evangelical 'principles'....unequal rights....scapegoats no less, er, God!, national destiny, them, threats, God says we're right, demands this from us even .....um, er, stop me if you heard this one before mein Herr.

All on the basis of 49% versus 51% nationally.

That'll bring the nation of America together!

Great idea.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by bodrul

and so on

- Yeah! That's what America 'needs' a big dose of narrow-minded fundamentalist evangelical 'principles'....unequal rights....scapegoats no less, er, God!, national destiny, them, threats, God says we're right, demands this from us even .....um, er, stop me if you heard this one before mein Herr.

All on the basis of 49% versus 51% nationally.

That'll bring the nation of America together!

Great idea.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

While I don't agree with mixing religion and state, I can't see how what you are doing is any better. Your hate for their religion is just as bad as their hate for another�s way of life. Think about what you are saying there, it does nothing to further your cause. Be the better person about it and I think more ears will open up to you.

Another thing, I can only assume that much of what has led you to make those comments is the gay marriage issue. I don't think this is as much a religious issue for most as it is a cultural issue. We as a society have a set of cultural norms that are felt in an overwhelming percentage of the population, regardless of the origin of value. I don't think it as much the religious values gays are fighting as the cultural norms.

Just a disclosure, I don�t support a ban on gay marriages, I don�t think Big Brother has a right to tell anyone, whether they be gay or strait, that they need to get a marriage certificate. It is a religious, cultural, social issue, not one of government concern.

I just couldn�t handle your hypocritical hate.

new topics

top topics

join