It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: The Next Master

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The 50th is coming up and I'll be gutted if they do it without featuring the Master. He's like my favourite Doctor Who villain.

Anyway, I don't think they'll use John Simm unless it's a flashback (feasibility), which kinda disappoints me because I thought he did an incredible job. I imagine they'll use someone closer to Matt Smith's age, hence all of the Benedict Cumberbatch rumours, but I think that's a bad idea since he plays Sherlock on the same TV side.

So, do you have any thoughts on who you'd like to be the next Master? All opinions welcome (apart from Nefamore's, because Orville the duck is just a stupid idea
).

Personally, I would love (and I can't exagerate that enough) it to be James Nesbitt because the man is a hero. But I imagine this is unlikely.
So who would you like?

Go team Jimmy!
edit on 28/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would second James Nesbitt as the Master. I had my hopes up that Nesbitt was going to be the one to replace David Tennant...oh well. Matt Smith has been fine, but Nesbitt as the Doctor would have been, in my mind, phenomenal.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This chap would be my choice.

Alan Rickman

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It has already been confirmed, Justin Beiber will be the next Master.

The Next Master

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Oh nooooes!! (that made me laugh quite a lot)

I just had another thought, actually.

Anyone heard of Damien Molony? He played Hal in Being Human and he'd be pretty damn good. Plus he's young and attractive, which is always good.

But nah, I'm still team Nesbitt. He'd make a brilliant Doctor too though.
edit on 28/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
jimmy would be best master only second to Hal..... he would just make such a perfect master. He would eb the opposite of matt, especially with matt being young too. I think he would make a brilliant couterpart on screen.

Not to mention he is a fantastic actor as weve seen in being human

Jimmys over acting would be too good not to watch tho. It's a hardh choice as they would both be brilliant

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
However at the same time, i still think it would be brilliant to see martin freeman as the master too. Would be nice to see him playing a bad guy for a change lol.

I mean i know he has one of those faces that you couldnt imagin being evil, but i think that would work even better.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't know about ol' Nesbit, i don't think he will be able to pull of the intesity well. He does good emotional intesity, but not so much action.

Personaly i think this guy would be best to be the master

Robert Carlyle (been in Trainspoting, Stargate Universe, 28 weeks later)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really don't have a pick for best "The Master"...I just hope really really bad that they bring him back.

He is one of (if not the best) villain in the entire Who-history and without him in the 50th anniversary I will feel lil let down.

Another villain I am dying to see is "The Rani"...In fact, I would pick The Rani over The Master if I could only choose one.

Either way...I am sure they are gunna pull out some much "no-way-thats-awesome-wow" for the 50th, that I will be in fanboy heaven.

PS- Dr Who is the only TV show I watch. I gave up TV 11 years ago but when Dr Who returned, I had to continue with the series...cus really, we met when I was just a child and The Doctor wouldn't ever leave me, so I couldn't leave him.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No one has replaced..... ME!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Ayyye, actually, I like him too. I just think Nesbitt would be hilarious. Maybe not what you want though.

But I've seen a few Master-esque clues in this series so far to be honest, so I think they'll bring him back. They have to!

And yes, I'd like to see the Rani too. I keep wondering if Clara's somehow related to her.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
reply to post by Trolloks

Ayyye, actually, I like him too. I just think Nesbitt would be hilarious. Maybe not what you want though.

But I've seen a few Master-esque clues in this series so far to be honest, so I think they'll bring him back. They have to!

And yes, I'd like to see the Rani too. I keep wondering if Clara's somehow related to her.

1) Oh? I'm usually pretty good at seeing the clues, but didn't see any leading me to think The Master was returning. Can you spoil me with some of your internal spoilers? I'd love to hear from a Who-er about that.

2) OMG lol...yknow, I've been telling everyone I think either Clara is related to, or is "The Rani" since her second episode. But to be fair, I've been putting The Rani into the plot every season only to be let down each time lol.

3) Me and a few friends also have thought that Clara's ring is the Chameleon Arch that will release The Rani's true memories and form.

But ya lol. You got me all Who-ee now.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

OMG ROGER!? IS THAT REALLY YOU!?

I love you dude...

Hugs.

Edited to add- You are so right. Nobody has replaced you and nobody can.

MM
edit on 28-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Will someone please tell me if there are new episodes out? My searches always come up with Doctor Who 2005.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I agree! Though I still love the show there will never be another like Tom Baker Vs. Roger Delgado.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I agree! Though I still love the show there will never be another like Tom Baker Vs. Roger Delgado.

Tom is "my doctor" and the best in my eyes as well. I so hope he shows up in the 50th anniversary, even if he isn't "The Doctor"...anything! Just get him in there. Yes I know how old he is. yes I know what he looks like. YES I don't care! I just wanna see Tom on Dr Who! lol.

Also...if you were not kidding about the "are there any new episodes" since 2005 (I'm pretty sure you are kidding), there are plenty.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by jiggerj

Tom is "my doctor" and the best in my eyes as well. I so hope he shows up in the 50th anniversary, even if he isn't "The Doctor"...anything! Just get him in there. Yes I know how old he is. yes I know what he looks like. YES I don't care! I just wanna see Tom on Dr Who! lol.

Also...if you were not kidding about the "are there any new episodes" since 2005 (I'm pretty sure you are kidding), there are plenty.

Hugs.

MM

I'm not kidding! Where the hell are they?? I watch my shows online and all of the searches only show Doctor Who 2005.

Google: Watch Doctor Who online

Just found the new episodes. Why oh why is it still labelled '2005'???

edit on 4/28/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sweet you found them!

I notice on a few sites they do that. They seem to be labeling them as the new series that started in 2005 with episode "Rose" as to not confuse people into thinking they are the classics.

I really don't know.

BUT WATCH THEM! WATCH THEM ALL! HURRY!

Salute n hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well they used John Simm, and Timothy Dalton was Rassilon, So hmm, Well the evillest Brits I can think of would be Gordon Ramsay, and Simon Cowell. Though they aren't really actors, oh wouldn't it be amazing if the Master regenerated into a female, only one thought, Helena Bonham Carter. Just the right mix of brilliant and insane. She would be a ripe choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

If the Master regenerates into a woman I WANT THAT JOB.

Seriously. I'd do... Pretty much anything to get that. BBC? You listening? C'mon man. I'd be great.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join