It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: The Next Master

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Spoilers

There are some subtle stuff, but I normally freak out over subtle stuff relating to the Master coz I love him and want him to come back. They're using the drumbeats a lot in the background, not the main theme music, just behind the main theme music. (But then do you think the drums will have gone since they found the source of them and he broke away from the source, or because that source is locked in time will it continue on? Would the lack of drums stabilise his head or make him worse? I'd be tempted to say make him worse coz his head would end up pretty empty with only the Doctor and an echo of the Doctor's pretend Time Lord experiments in it.)

And when the TARDIS broke, and Clara was wandering round the red corridor she was making the same noises as it did when she was a paradox machine back in series 3 (could he have planted something in the paradox machine in the hope that something like this would happen with the Doctor's terrible driving and he could be dragged back through? If she is the Rani could she have known and be helping? I'm not sure they really got on but if they were teaming up against the Doctor again maybe?). Erm, there was something else in Hide but I can't remember what now. I might be seeing what I want to see, but I'll be pretty happy if it's true.

Yeah, I'm half convinced she's the Rani too. I was thinking the Doctor's too dim to spot a chameleon arch (he didn't with Yana) so it could well be. But she could be related to Jack too (the TARDIS doesn't like Jack - plus he did have a family in Torchwood). And then we have the Doctor's daughter who vanished never to be spoken of again. Or she could be something new completely.

I'm just hoping it's good! Because the first few eps of this half series had been pretty rubbish and the last 3 have been pretty good, so I'm hoping they can keep it on the level. I feel sorry for Matt. He's an amazing actor, but he's had some god awful story lines (anyone remember that one with the dinosaurs? Can anyone who does tell me what the hell that was about - I was having a hypo at the time and I just couldn't follow. At all. I watched it again and was equally as confused but with my sugars as they were I still could've been having a hypo. I was gutted - I love dinosaurs).

It's good to see you back around anyway, Mr Mask, it's been a while! And seriously, get me started on Doctor Who and I can talk all day!

edit on 29/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Hmmm...ya, I think we both suffer from the same Who-hopes lol. I will have to go back and look for these drums. Either way you look at it, The Master is The Doctors #1 arch enemy of all time, and he deserves to be back for the 50th.

I would put more weight behind my The Rani being Clara theory if a few things made more sense to me. But then I consider a few things. Like how this new chick (who I do not like btw) has been shown growing up and has been investigated throughout time by the Doctor. Making me think shes prolly not The Rani. Also, they just brought her in and I am "almost sure" the producers don't want to throw away their new girl by making her a villain so early after her inclusion to the story.

Also, somehow she is tied to the Daleks. I dunno...I can't figure her out. I mean, I figured out that The Doctor didn't die and was the android from the previous episode(s). I figured out Amy was living plastic. I figured out so many clues in the past- but I honestly can't even begin to answer Clara's mystery.

Some things off topic I did notice in the last few episodes tho. They keep showing close-ups and/or mentioning the Sonic Screw Driver in a way that makes me wonder if the Screw Driver is being showcased for some reason. In the episode "Rings of Akhaten" Clara trades her ring, and they show The Doctor not trading his Sonic Screw Driver, and they do a weird lil close up on it. Then in "Hide" they show it again, slow motion rolling on the floor as if its important, but only compliment the scene by someone picking it up and giving it back to The Doc, with him overjoyed.

Could be nothing. But I think there was something in "The Bells of of Saint John" as well.Not sure.

I agree that a few of the episodes recently haven't been that good. Dinosaurs?! What!? And honestly, I'm not feeling the new last 5 episodes at all. But I think I may just be cranky over Rory being gone (never liked Amy, was a fan of Rory). I dunno lol.

ANYWAYS! Yes, a pleasure to be back around the ATS boards. Trying hard not to get yelled at for being the typical loud-text-mouthed jerk I am so easy to becoming. And I STILL can't get this avatar uploaded. ROAAAAAR! But other than that, always love ATS and seeing your name on the board is always a pleasure. Big hugs to you my friend!

Can't wait for the next episode. And I know you will be right there watching too.

Hugs!

MM

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Brian Blessed - "Doctor Who is alive" (had to jam it in!).

Or, at pinch, Christopher Biggins. Just because it would be funny. Camping up Bond worked with Roger Moore so lets bring it to Doctor Who.

I have to say though, i like Nefermore's idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

doctorwhotv.co.uk...

He is not in the 50th.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by speak24
reply to post by Ayana

doctorwhotv.co.uk...

He is not in the 50th.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that link don't show anything but the title and a poster?

The details of the episode are being guarded from what I hear, and many shocks are coming our way.

Not doubting you...just wondering how you are so sure?

MM

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What if Clara is the master, and this is all part of his plan?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Wow. I don't like Clara and I didn't like Amy but liked Rory! You, my friend are great. Haha but no. I've not been feeling this series either. I liked Hide and that last ep wasn't too bad, but not wonderful.

I'd noticed the screwdriver thing though. Can't think why but I'd noticed. They keep throwing curveballs with Clara. It'll probably end up being something mental no one would think of.

On the subject of the Master though, John Simm was on Jonathan Ross and said he wasn't back. Not the Master. And he did look sheepish when he said it so I couldn't work out if it was a lie. He's the Doctors greatest enemy. He deserves a place in the 50th.

We'll see, I suppose. I'm currently watching James Nesbitt on TV and I'd just love it. Sigh.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What if Clara IS the Tardis?

Just a thought.

ETA Bill Nighy as the next Master. Would be genius.
edit on 29/4/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Interesting. Recycling another actor. That may work.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I think he's already been in Doctor Who... But nah. Jimmy would be better. I seriously want this to happen.

Lol. He's so lonely the TARDIS is materialising herself into a person in order to stop him from moping around all day! I don't like her. I hope she is some sort of bad guy so she'll go away at the end of the series.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh! Oh! Oh! Mask!! Clara read about the Time War! In his Gallifreyan encyclopaedia. So, either for some reason he's translated it into a TARDIS translatable language, the TARDIS is helping her out , or, she can understand Gallifreyan. The title was in English, too, but surely that shouldn't be
. It should be in Gallifreyan. I think something strange is going on...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh! Oh! Oh! Mask!! Clara read about the Time War! In his Gallifreyan encyclopaedia. So, either for some reason he's translated it into a TARDIS translatable language, the TARDIS is helping her out , or, she can understand Gallifreyan. The title was in English, too, but surely that shouldn't be
. It should be in Gallifreyan. I think something strange is going on...

Hmmm...good thought there. But yknow how it is when stuff like this slips and you expect it is a serious plot mechanic but turns out the writer didn't consider it fully.

But possibly. But ya, she read stuffs. Stuffs she shouldn't have!

lol I am so glad you don't like Clara. So many dudes are all about this chick thinking shes hot and funny. I think she looks like one of those bug eyed troll dolls and is annoying. I dunno...I just think she sucks. I miss Amy already...and I highly disliked Amy.

Nef said Clara could be The Master...hmm...maybe. He does have the ability to get ahold of time travel tech and go everywhere she has been seen thus far. I dunno...its confusing! ALL TOO CONFUSING!!! ROOOOAR!

Another thing I am wondering is- did the Daleks build her? I mean...did they make her or at least influence that leaf to make her? It was noted that that leaf made her. Out of all the events that happened in the universe- they lead to that leaf making her exactly.

What if some Great Intelligence, Time Lord, Dalek or anyone, knew the exact events in the universe to make her many times? Like...make a leaf fall. Or a bell ring. Or a soufflé burn, or whatever has to be done to make the universe make "Clara"? If that makes sense? And she is continuely made by the viliian knowing The Doctor will show up to find her, seek her out, help her, whatever, and thus setting a trap for him?

Too far out? Naw.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I also sorta like the idea of Clara being the TARDIS. Or maybe "a TARDIS". Hence why the TARDIS has issues with her. Or if she is a trap, a time lord or a villain- the TARDIS may not like her for that reason.

I dunno...but I bet the TARDIS knows everything about Clara. That I do think is right.

MM

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I keep getting told it's a girl thing that I don't like her and men love her, so it's nice to see someone bucking that trend coz day-mn she's annoying.

Maybe they added it in of no significance just to make us think it's significant in order to make us think she's a Timelord when she's not and throw us off the track for the real clues!

Maybe she's like the daughter of the Master when he was Saxon and Lucy. Maybe that's why the corridors are going red and the drumbeat is hidden, coz it's calling to her to drag him back through a timeline or through the vortex and he planted it before he found out what the drums were coz he was convinced it was the only thing she had. She doesn't have parents, right? Maybe whenever she gets into danger, instead of regenerating (if she's only HALF Timelord, could she even regenerate properly? Jenny just woke up.) she just jumps through time to another point, and the Doctor just keeps running into her because he's aware of her. Maybe the Timelord in him is awakening the Timelord in her, and the Master could use her part-Timelord consciousness to spawn himself back, like in a bad video game (as James Nesbitt!)?

And she is continuely made by the viliian knowing The Doctor will show up to find her, seek her out, help her, whatever, and thus setting a trap for him?

I like that idea. Like there's a clone kit (like from the Sontaran episode with Donna) somewhere just mass producing Clara's and throwing her down to Earth where the Doctor will find her, because he's obsessed with finding out how she's so impossible. But there's a bigger plan at the end of it which ends with him getting caught in some kind of trap.

There's always a possibility she's related to Jack too, though. Because the TARDIS doesn't like him and he can't die (in Torchwood he does die for a bit then gets up later on). He's also a Time Agent, so that wrist strap thing can bounce him through time. And in Torchwood he had contact with his family, and this lead to him eventually leaving the planet. He acted like a right * in those episodes, actually. Stopped me liking him.

Ugh, too many options

edit on 30/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Robert Carlyle (been in Trainspoting, Stargate Universe, 28 weeks later)

If you haven't been watching the "Once Upon a Time" series, you're really missing Robert Carlyle in one of his absolute best villain roles as Rumpelstiltskin.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I've seen some of it, and he is good. But the rest of the programme is just too much nonsense for me to cope with.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

It only gets really good once magic comes into Storybrook. Of course, I'm completely in love with the Evil Queen though too, so that could have something to do with it.

It's almost worth all of the Disney references though, just to see Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold do his thing. He's a delightfully evil villain. It's also kind of interesting the way they've seamlessly integrated nearly every property under the Disney fairy tale umbrella.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, the last one I saw had Dr Frankenstein in it. I was a little confused. That's not a fairytale!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well Benedict Cumberbatch would be well suited to playing the Master but somehow I think the character has been overused throughout the history of the show I'd only be in favour of using the Master again (or any of the old monsters) if the writers can do something new and interesting with the character.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
And then we have the Doctor's daughter who vanished never to be spoken of again.

I keep waiting for her to return.
Clara can't be the daughter though ...
She's smooched Doctor #11.
That would be too yucky to make her the daughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join