It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

Hence the denial I reckon.

Are we really going to do this again? Denial? Hardly. Its called knowing the difference between an over the top police response and a military takeover.

All of that ‘criticsm’ for Benghazi, eh? o.O Well, well, wells...Yes’um that ‘criticism’ must of sho’ been unpleasant. Such a good thing you don't condone that being a reason to institute Martial Law (sorry), a ‘lockdown’
Way to completely miss the point, and throw out a lie while you are at it. Seriously, get better.

Hey–speaking of unpleasant, any word on that old guy CBS had been talking about during Friday's craziness? You know, the one that the police tackled to the ground because he defied the friendly "shelter in place advisory"? But, I suppose the old dude had it coming. After all, if he couldn't “stand up for his rights, what good are they.” ^your words, not mine
Tell me, do you have any evidence to show that he was only subdued because he was outside? That he was not acting in a suspicious manner? that they did not have intel for that area?

look at that, more blind conjecture with no actual evidence

You know, the one on Arsenal St., where the police thought that the old man had a dead-man's switch in his hand--> so they pummeled him into a heart-attack and had to have EOD robots come and deal with the guy... Let us know about that Cap‘n, because the police won't answer any one's questions about it. CBS had been covering it, but it's understandable why the media might've felt that they were "advised" to drop it.
Do you think you are proving something with this tactic? All that you are proving is that you have not actually read a word I have said, and that you are quite prone to (though not very good at) lying.

No matter how hard you try to make it seem that way, I have not said a single word in support of the reaction in boston. You are wither intentionally lying, or really need to work on your reading comprehension.

But exceptional circumstances call for exceptional measures, right Cap’n?
They sure do.

1:15pm—1:15am shift, again. Bastards. Do you like this time, or do you prefer the 6pm—2am shift? …Just wondering.
Can you please provide proof that these people did not have the property owners permission to be there?

Because I know that an allegedly cognizant human being did not just spend 24 out of the last 54 hours posting on this thread feverishly trying to paint the picture that more than 2.5% of Americans think that Martial Law Trainee Day is an acceptable way of dealing with a blood-thirsty cookery-wielding college student gone AWOL in a Massachusetts suburb.
1)I am flattered that you care enough about me that you went back and counted up my posts in the thred, but I have to wonder, why? Why are you so obsessed with me?
2)Feverishly?
I defy anyone to go back through this thread and tell us who the calm one is. Hint: it aint you

3)Seriously, stop with the lies. Its pathetic. Its a sign of a low IQ. And its just downright sad. I have never said this was acceptable. I have never spoken for anyone else. If you have to lie to try and discredit a person, what does that tell you?

I mean, I understand that Federal Gov. has no shortage of statist-cheerleaders, but their most fervant online-apologist couldn't hold a candle-in-the-dark to you, my friend.
More foolish ad hom. This is truly, truly pathetic.

Ill say it one more time. I have refrained from personal attacks in this thread. I have called no names, I have thrown out no ad homs, I have made no accusations of troll or shill or boot licker. Is it really that much to ask the same of you?

ETA: Ahhhh, I see now. A newly registered member with a points count of nearly -1000. Gotcha. Consider your posts ignored from here on out.
edit on 29-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I cannot believe people are still posting about this. People compare this to Marshall law? That's ridiculous! I am sure it has been said but I'm throwing in my vote. If there is ever a terrorist attack in my city and the guy was last seen in a police shoot out in my neighborhood I will allow the police to search my neighborhood, house, car, whatever for the guy. I will allow them to use my vehicle if they need one. If I look out the blinds and they have a gun I will not be surprised. I will especially not be surprised of they focus their sights on me for a moment while they are conducting their manhunt and I'm peeking out a window standing on a higher vantage point. I will especially stay out of their way if they need me to. All of this goes away if they are just askin people to stay inside and enforcing it by executing people, that is a problem. Hunting down a bombing suspect who was in a shoot out with them hours before and asking people to stay out of the way, not a problem.

What's next, the police expect you to pull aside for emergency vehicles? Or impede on your rights to enter crime scenes and move about them freely?

"Can you believe these police chase down bombing suspects with guns?" "Yes I can". - that is what this topic looks like to an average logical person.
edit on 29-4-2013 by etombo because: Lol

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

edit on 29-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: removed, because there truly is no point.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

"Can you believe these police chase down bombing suspects with guns?" "Yes I can". - that is what this topic looks like to an average logical person.
Amen to that!

Funny how there is a vocal minority around here screaming their heads off as if the whole world agrees with them...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by etombo

Amen to that!

Funny how there is a vocal minority around here screaming their heads off as if the whole world agrees with them...

Because most of the free world does agree.
Seriously, go out into the sunshine and talk to some humans … you'd be surprised at just how little people's views resemble what's shown on the talking box.
In fact, you don't even have to step outside … just watch CSPAN in the morning (Washington Journal Live) and hear the callers yourself. (Dem), (Rep), (Ind), have all been consistently (and rightfully) really pissed about the violations of the 4th Amendment which took place all in the name of that illusionary "safety".

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I tried figuring out what you and your friend here were discussing. The posts on this page did not make enough sense to inspire me to check the previous page. It seemed off topic and also geared more towards personal attacks than anything. Thank you for your support. Not sure if you actually agree or if you are being facetious.
edit on 29-4-2013 by etombo because: Crazy iphone

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You're mad that the police secured and searched an area of that city which resulted in the capture of the person they were looking for? I would say 'that's a bingo!'.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm not vocal. In fact, I rarely post. But I agree with the members who are disagreeing with you. The term, "silent majority" comes to mind, actually.

I've been watching your near constant posting for a day or so and I'm just bewildered by your stubbornness and vehement denial that a "lockdown" on American citizens wasn't out of order.

There has to come a point in time where you recognize that you're not always right. Just a friendly reminder -- maybe go read a good book or take a walk?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Lol don't take it so hard about the ATS points man, I should have around 10,000, but since I am prone to call idiots...well idiots etc, I get points deducted a lot.

Sue me, am a man of conscience, that speaks my mind, I always thought those to be admirable traits of a member of a free society.

Keep up the good work, at your current pace of an average of 3 or 4 stars a post, you will get there soon.

And your stars to posts ratio is a much better indicator of your mind than total points ever could be.

Anyone could get to a point total by posting a lot, it isn't some tell all of anyones contributions at all, and a very poor arguement when you know there isn't any traction for your arguement.

I for one welcome your contributions to the forum, we may not always agree on everything, but at least after readin so many of your posts, I know your hearts in the right place, and you have a good head on your shoulders.

Keep up the good work, the truth is out there, it only waits for an ATSer to find it.

IV

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

I respectfully disagree. I think a lockdown was appropriate in the apprehension of that guy. I know a lot of idiots who I wouldn't want mucking up the whole operation. I think roving mobs of angry citizens scrubbing their streets would turn bad fast, like Gaddafi bad. I applaud the police in their efforts.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo

You're mad that the police secured and searched an area of that city which resulted in the capture of the person they were looking for? I would say 'that's a bingo!'.

Just to be clear here, the police lock down, the tanks, the military gear, the door to door searches etc....

None of it apprehended the suspect, it was a civie have a smoke that founs the guy, and told the police where he was at.

So no, none of what the police did, no matter how over the top, found this guy, it was joe blow.

Just for clarification

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

I'm not vocal. In fact, I rarely post. But I agree with the members who are disagreeing with you. The term, "silent majority" comes to mind, actually.
I appreciate your input. It does not surprise me, at all, though, that there are quite a few people on a conspiracy website fall into this line of thinking. I dont necessarily think that is an accurate gauge on the populaiton as a whole, though.

I've been watching your near constant posting for a day or so and I'm just bewildered by your stubbornness and vehement denial that a "lockdown" on American citizens wasn't out of order.

You apparently havent watched all that closely, as I have said no such thing. In fact, I have repeatedly stated, time and time again, that the response was over the top. The word I have used, at least half a dozen times now, is 'horrifying'.

There has to come a point in time where you recognize that you're not always right. Just a friendly reminder -- maybe go read a good book or take a walk?

What is it that you think that I think I am 'right' about. My stance in this thread, from the beginning, has been that this picture has no context and needs more information surrounding it to really know what story it tells.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Yes, cigarettes caught this guy. Go big tobacco!! Just playin, I see what you are saying. I am not criticizing the police because I do not know of a better plan on how to catch the guy. A lot of people are critical of the police but you know what? I do not think any of them have offered a legitimate alternative to hunt the guy down. Paint me a picture please. Imagine you are a police officer and you are hunting down a guy who possibly killed a colleague, severely injured another, car jacks a guy, throws some bombs at you and some sort of grenades. One gets killed in a shoot out and the other flees. What do you do? You talk about the tanks etc.. I feel like you're comparing it to a massive militarization. This wasn't fallujah man, this was not a major military operation. Did I miss the Abrams tank going through the neighborhood? Can you share a picture of what you believe a tank is?
edit on 29-4-2013 by etombo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This thread seems to be winding down....but please stay on topic!!!!
Members are reminded:

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

edit on Mon Apr 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This all looks pretty intense to me. Terrifying, actually. Not the kind of adrenalin rush I care for.

For good or ill, like it or not, this appears to be the future. I don't see it ending. The war on terror is a forever-war. No assurance forever will be a long time.

I suppose only point to be made is the one ATS gives me for this post, for what ever it is worth.

May the only gun barrels we will have to look up belong to the "friendlies."

ETA:
reply to post by etombo

Originally posted by etombo
Did I miss the Abrams tank going through the neighborhood? Can you share a picture of what you believe a tank is?

Sorry about the off-site photo.

Not quite an Abrahms but is snazzier than ours down here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d63e7428c1c4.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13b8dc7239d7.png[/atsimg]

edit on 29-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Okay so after reading the entire thread and many insightful posts by some highly trained soldiers (and possibly a few wannabees), I must concede.

Maybe its not such a good idea to have American soldiers operating on American soil.

Either way the title is still good advice.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
When I first started looking into 911, martial law was one of the hot topics. A lot of people insisted that it was eminent. So in my research, I asked my grandfather about martial law, as he had lived through it. He said it wasn't really that bad. They came and did their job and then left.

The mishandling of Katrina was MUCH worse than either incident. I can't really say in all honesty that civil rights were not violated in that mess.

The picture you posed is worth a thousand words, but it's not very disturbing or conspiracy related IMHO. What exactly is the problem with it?

##SNIPPED##
edit on Tue Apr 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join