Originally posted by Machine
We live in a Republic not a Democracy get your facts straight.
Absolutely Machine...most people have allowed the word "democracy" to brainwashed them into believe it is great!
Our founders often cringed at the mere thought of democracy over Constitutional Republic.
It was not until during the great depression that anyone referred to the United States as a democracy and only because certain villains with power
brainwashed it into our psych. Say the "Pledge of Allegiance" to yourself and see which word is spoken. A Republic makes every citizen a "king", a
king without subjects. A Democracy disolves us all into the body politic and destroys freedom.
To parapharse Franklin--Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on what they will have for lunch.
1. A government of masses.
2. Authority derived though mass meeting or any form of dirrect expression.
3. Results in mobocary.
4. Attiude toward property is communistic-negating property rights.
5. Attiude toward law is that the will of majority shall regulate, whether it be based upond deliberation or government by passion, prejudice, and
impules, with out restraint or regard to consequences.
6. Results in demagogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.
1. Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officals best fitted to represent them.
2. Attitude toward propery is respect for laws and individual rights, and a sensible economic procedure.
3. Attitude toward law is administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequencces.
4. A greater number of Citizens and extent of territory may be brought by its compass.
5. Avoids the dangerous extreme of tyranny or mobocracy.
6. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.
This is not what is taught in public school Civics 101.
[edit on 4-11-2004 by Anti_Federalist]