It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-terror task force was warned of Tamerlan Tsarnaev's long trip to Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Anti-terror task force was warned of Tamerlan Tsarnaev's long trip to Russia

www.washingtonpost.com

U.S. officials said that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has ceased cooperating with authorities since being read his Miranda rights during an unusual, makeshift court session at his hospital bedside on Monday. Before that, investigators had questioned him for about 16 hours.

The FBI opened an investigation of Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011 at the behest of Russian officials who expressed concern that he was becoming radicalized and could be planning an attack in Russia. The bureau set the inquiry aside after concluding that Tsarnaev posed no threat. But notice that he had returned from a seven-month trip to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A customs agent mentioned to the FBI that Tamerlan Tsarnaev had returned to the US back in 2011 somehow they failed to create a file for either of the brothers.Looks like the FSB didn't have either of them listed as threats as well.Were the dots really connected as the intelligence community is trying to convince us?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think this..and is just a thought here. I think if the US government wanted a terror attack they would kill more than 3 people. With high profile shooting massacres being the new norm, 3 dead isn't going to "terrorize" anyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm a legal immigrant in my country. I spent 5 months in Australia in 2010 when my Aunt got cancer, should I be on some watch list now for spending so much time out of the country before returning home?

Sounds like this was a typical high strung touchy TSA agent, and now he's looking for some fame.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Russia warned US officials that Tsarnaev brothers could pose a threat and FBI conducted interview with both brothers. They concluded that there is no threat.

This proves just one thing - these interviews are lame. I'm sure that no terrorist is that dumb to tell FBI he plans an attack. That would be The dumbest thing in history of terrorism

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I think this..and is just a thought here. I think if the US government wanted a terror attack they would kill more than 3 people. With high profile shooting massacres being the new norm, 3 dead isn't going to "terrorize" anyone.

Do you think that it is easy to kill your own citizens and blame a terror group from abroad?

After 9/11 and all the mistakes and testimony and defense defense defense from administrators do you think the next group is going to be so brave as to think they could do what Chenney did and get away with it? That was a tough go by any standards.

I think the new strategy is make a little ripple and let the media turn it into a wave. That way if it ever gets foiled it could always be turn back to the media and poor intelligence.

Planes knocking down 2 towers and killing 3000 people... Who do you blame that on EXCEPT terrorists abroad.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I keep seeing this sentiment expressed, but thats not actually the case.
If you look at the false flag terrorist attacks that the FBI has ACTUALLY been found guilty of they're all quite small scale, along the lines of giving someone a fake bomb and telling them to fly somewhere so they can arrest them for terrorism, or selling fake uranium to someone so they can arrest them for terrorism... Basically entrapment to you or me

They do this so they can claim that they have actually arrested people as part of the "war on terrorism" to justify the huge expense.

Given that, I don't think it all that unlikely that they would allow a few low key threats to wonder about in the wild so they can apprehend them to much aplomb when they try to do something - unfortunately they messed up this time so everyones in damage control mode at the moment.

Here's some references on fbi's numerous attempts to create terror plots that they can bust from credible sources (because I doubt anyone would take my word for it
):

www.rollingstone.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.nytimes.com...

And a search string to bring up plenty more: www.google.com...:en-US:unofficial&client=seamonkey-a

Given that they have a track record for this and these are JUST the ones we know about I wonder how anyone can have such cast iron faith in their government when it tells them something. But then people have a short memory for this kind of thing I suppose.

edit on 27-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: Adding more sources

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've said it several times and I'll say it once again. This is messed up.
Try discussing this incident with anyone outside of ATS,someone who's not informed about conspiracies etc and see what happens. In a very short time both of you will end up scratching your heads in confusion. Maybe that was the reason all along,who knows.

reply to post by MaxSteiner

Agreed and I want to add something.
Normally,the person who motivates someone to do a crime is also charged and found guilty in courts. "Normally"...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Yeah I find it damn disturbing myself, I don't see how anyone can claim that the government is incapable of setting up a terrorist plot when there's clear evidence that they already have numerous times.

It's like the LA riots, evidence was released in the end proving that it was started by the police task force carrying out illegal executions of criminals - noone was charged, noone cared.

I'm not entirely sure that justice can exist in a country that does stuff like that, ignores international law whenever it suits them and locks people up without trial or charges in an illegal prison located in rented no-mans land (leased from a country they have trade embargos against no less)...

The point of no return has been crossed sadly... Still not sure what Obama did to deserve a Nobel peace prize, maybe it was meant ironically?

edit on 27-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Uh yes I think it's pretty easy to set up bombs that work.
Fuel air bomb, particulate bomb, home made c4, fert bomb. All we have is two kids with mediocre pipe bomb skills.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I dont have any faith in my government. But I do know my government. They arent going to waste a chance to use a tragedy for an excuse to pull something. I still firmly believe this was just 2 morons who don't have a clue on what they are doing. Like that idiot who tried to make a car bomb with m-98 firecrackers.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

But those are exactly the sort of morons you would leave running about in the wild after you identified them, much easier to deny any involvement if all you have to do is give a constantly shifting time frame for how long you've been watching them

===> As an asside is your name a Stalker reference? Only just gotten round to watching it so it's all quite fresh in my mind

edit on 29-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Perhaps you are correct. I don't buy this as a CIA constructed attack, I do believe maybe they just let these guys do their thing. My name is actually a reference to a character in a movie called Hardware. the 2065 is from the fallout series.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ah was that the thing with the skull robot and the scary dwarf?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

YES!

top topics

join