It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston police chief wants drones for next year's marathon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Boston police chief wants drones for next year's marathon

rt.com

“Drones are a great idea. I don’t know that would be the first place I’d invest money, but certainly to cover an event like this, and have an eye in the sky that would be much cheaper to run than a helicopter is a really good idea,” he tells the Herald.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So people you aren't going to be safe until there is drones at these events.
The world is becoming so insecure these days, Its sad thing to see happen.

The Mayor of Boston has been persuaded in partaking in to this outrageous excise of insecurity.

As if CCTV isn't enough for them now they need to have eyes in the sky.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Whats a drone going to help?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Awesome solution.

The drone(s) can easily take out any persons of interest or suspects before they become a terrorist or make or take lives.

Citywide lockdown averted!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Awesome solution.

The drone(s) can easily take out any persons of interest or suspects before they become a terrorist or make or take lives.

So it would be just a mistake if they happen to kill someone carrying a camera with a big lens, Boston already has cameras up so drones are not needed. Trading one terrorist for another is never a good idea.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Whats a drone going to help?

Its not going to do a damn thing except accidentally get someone killed.

Someone is in the drone business to make money, because this is a complete waste of time.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Awesome solution.

riiiight, ....so the govt would use the drones on themselves??

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Drones wouldn't have helped in this case. We got those guys pretty fast with what was already there. All a drone does in this case is cost more money, and take pictures we already have/had. The real technology that was useful was the robot that pulled back the boat cover, the heat sensing camera etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Yeah everything is a steaming pile of crap

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
How can this be seen as a good thing? Do we really want drones in the US? Isn't this going to open a whole new can of worms? What happens when they accidently kill someone? No, I think that cameras cover plently of what needs to be seen. Wanna see more, put up more camera. I have a serious problem with the US or city governments arming themselves with drones and everyone thinking this is OK.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Awesome solution.

PIS's who have not been confirmed guilty and you want them dead! Whatever happened to capture and extract info. You do realise you are edging towards the promoition of murder with your statement. Pre-crime execution is fast becoming primetime TV.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

except take out to a drone, is blow up, and those munitions are pretty notorious for killing and injuring innocent bystanders..

Where's the conspiracy these attacks were drone strikes? That's about the only theory I haven't seen brought up in this event.

It was a terrible tragedy.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

How would they do that?

I hope you don't think they're armed?

They're surveillance drones and would be rather pointless IMHO.

To take people out and for preventing another attack.

edit on 27-4-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Awesome solution.

Can you please define "take out"?
And since when do terrorists "make" lives.

Your entire statement is just bizarre...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Yeah, they want 'em everywhere...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If this story is true and I think it probably is, I feel pretty confident that there will be protests.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The first step is surveillance drones. The second step is armed drones acting on behalf of law enforcement. The American people have notoriously given up privacy for security and this will be no different. A decade from now we will be arguing improper use of force cases in court because of "collateral damage" due to drones.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think maybe the Boston police chief should be fired, and put on medication.

These people are not even in control of their own minds anymore, they are just empty, soulless husks being manipulated effortlessly.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yeah, he wants a drone so next year they can drop the bombs from the air, it less troublesome than using chechans...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorry

The first step is Camera's everywhere

Second step drones over head

third step is/was CSPIA

fourth step is/ was taking guns away

So far they are 1 for 4 need to keep it that way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join