It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! What does this dream mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
OK, guys, I could use some input on this one. For the past three or four months, I've been having basically the same dream at least once every couple of weeks. I've never been one of those people who remembers their dreams, but for some reason this one is always crystal clear to me the next day.

The details vary, but the main points are always the same. I'm driving in my car, trying to get away from something (this is one of the things that varies, but it always involves a natural disaster of some sort: hurricane, earthquake, etc.), when without warning a huge flood rises up (we're talking biblical proportions, here!), leaving me basically stranded on an island. Sometimes I'm alone; sometimes there are other people present, from other cars that have been stranded as well. I always have a cell phone, so that I can call for help, but the really weird thing is that the person I call is *always* my father, who died in 1996.

I would love to dismiss this as my subconscious trying to work through something, but absolutely *nothing* has changed in my life during this time period: no problems with kids or spouse, no job changes, nothing. As I said before, the frequency and intensity of these dreams is very unusual for me, and isn't letting up.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well first off, I think the fact that it is a different natural disaster every time points to it being symbolic & not a premonition of an actual natural disaster. That's good.

However, it could be a premonition of an upcoming crisis in your life. I'm not trying to scare you with this, but if you currently have nothing going on in your life that qualifies as a crisis, then the only other alternative is that this dream is referring to a future event (if you believe that dreams are able to do this).

But a crisis does not necessarily mean this big horrible thing--you could have a crisis of faith, a momentary doubting of God's existence, a unexplainable feeling of melancholy, etc.

What the dream is saying is that whatever crisis you find yourself in, you can always depend on your father's spirit--in a sense, your father is trying to communicate this point with you. The cell phone in the dream symbolises the connection to Spirit you always have with you to guide you, no matter what.

This is just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

What the dream is saying is that whatever crisis you find yourself in, you can always depend on your father's spirit--in a sense, your father is trying to communicate this point with you. The cell phone in the dream symbolises the connection to Spirit you always have with you to guide you, no matter what.

Thanks, Cassie, I appreciate the thoughts. I have to admit that I was wondering if my father could possibly be trying to get a message through to me that I'm just not picking up on. I'm still creeped out by the strong sense of isolation and helplessness that is in the dream, though.

Do you know if being surrounded and/or isolated by water is symbolic of anything?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Water represents emotion; being stranded in a vast sea can represent when we are alone with great thoughts on our mind & everybody else seems so far away (even if they're right next door!).

In more esoteric symbolism, it can represent the great
astral "nothingness" or "space" our spirit travels through when we dream. I think at any rate, there is an aspect of your father trying to contact you through the dream, using the "cell phone."

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
The details vary, but the main points are always the same. I'm driving in my car, trying to get away from something (this is one of the things that varies, but it always involves a natural disaster of some sort: hurricane, earthquake, etc.), when without warning a huge flood rises up (we're talking biblical proportions, here!), leaving me basically stranded on an island. Sometimes I'm alone; sometimes there are other people present, from other cars that have been stranded as well. I always have a cell phone, so that I can call for help, but the really weird thing is that the person I call is *always* my father, who died in 1996.

I'll take a stab at it. The natural disasters represent your fear of an event that is so massive it is out of your control. Because of this event, which may in fact be the fear of a real event you foresee approaching the horizon, you become isolated from the life that you once new and have to begin anew and alone or with other people that also have to start over anew. Basically you are all in the same life raft praying for land even if it is on foreign soil. The cell phone is your rememberance of or connection to the life you once knew and your father is the anchor to that time when you lived your old life. However since he is dead (my condolences) things have changed and you can never go back. No matter what happens, move forward friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe the dream is about your father and a message he is trying to give you the natural disaster scenario is the representation of a danger concerning you and involve your car.

Next time you have the dream try to concentrate on the phone call and see if you can recall if he talks to you and what he tells you,

The stranded part of the dream is how you are going to get away from the danger.

So be careful on the road.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, ladies. I appreciate everyone taking the time to help me with this. Unfortunately, I didn't have the dream last night, so I'll have to wait a bit before trying some of your suggestions. I'll post again here if anything more comes of this.

Everyone have a great weekend, and thanks again.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Despite your having enjoyed a relatively calm period in your life, apparently your subconscious mind is revealing to you that there is an unresolved issue/s you haven't dealt with, thus you have no peace as you sleep.

What is it you want to get away from?
Is it responsibilities? Feeling trapped in a situation or in a role you
must play i.e. being a parent etc.?

Are you insecure and have a fear of being abandoned?

Do you feel isolated i.e. being stranded on an island?

Does your deceased father answer your phone calls?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
also...try to keep a journal of the day...and see if something seems to trigger the dreams at night.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sandge,
On November 07,2004 early in the morning I had a dream of a major flood. It looked to be in a big city. The lower highways that looped through the city were under about 15 ft. of water. People were trying to get to there families. Some were trying to get to the other side of the highway to leave and some were washed away. I also have a friend on another site that has been having flood dreams. I don't know if the dream you keep having is about your life in the future or maybe the energy around us or our family members that are on the other side trying to warn us of an upcoming event.
Guess we will just have to see. Either way I hope you can eventually find peace of mind and an understanding to this dream.
I don't have the ability to take dreams and interprete them into your life but I do have the ability since I have been very young to predict future earthly catastrophes such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, tornadoes, etc..
Just thought I would let you in on a different ability and open your mind to different aspects. It never hurts.

new topics

top topics

join