It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How high is the horse you rode in on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

How high is the horse you rode in on?

I am amazed at the amount of people that have causes they support and are completely wrapped in a cocoon of hypocrisy.

You may be one of them. I will give you a list and see if you are on it….

Tree hugger?…wonder if you live in tents made of plastic or is the house you built made from rubber?

Animal lover?…wonder if you wear leather shoes or use down feather pillows?

Environmentalist?…drive a car? Use public transportation?

Religious fanatic?…ever cheated on your taxes? Wished for ill will of another?

Many different things could be on this list.

Maybe you hate rude people, yet you manage to think driving down the road text messaging is okay.
Maybe you hate smokers, yet you think it is okay to drive while impaired from alcohol.

Maybe you’re a health nut who thinks everyone else is a moron, yet you stare at yourself in a mirror admiring your beauty.

Maybe you’re a vegetarian, yet you beat your kid.

Maybe you’re a politician that cries “we must cut spending”, yet the parties you attend are free.

Maybe you’re a clergy that talks about how everyone must give, yet you live in a mansion.

Any of these apply to you? Feel free to add your own.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

College Grad - Does going thousands of dollars into debt make you feel any smarter? (No, I feel quite the opposite, as that little piece of paper isn't allowing me to earn more than I spent getting it).

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Larger than the " Wooden Whores ( Sorry, Horse. ) of Troy ", If I think my cause is just.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Everyone might be on the list at one time or another...

Which one applies to you?

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
With me, it's mainly that I thought I was an all-around good person... you know, generous, caring, forgiving and even spiritually knowledgeable... but then something happens that proves that I'm anything but.
If I had experience in the occult and wasn't afraid of the possibility of negative energy backlash, would I perform a curse against my recently-ex best friend? I'm afraid I probably would.
I do have occasional bursts of generosity, but I have to be thoroughly convinced that my gift would be put to good use. I'm also very egocentric, and the only reason I thought I was awesomely forgiving is because the last time something happened that I held a grudge about was many years ago and I barely remembered it.

In short, assuming I came into this world with the intention of testing my resolve to be pure... I failed.

edit on 26-4-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

" To err is human, to forgive, divine "

( Sorry, can't remember who this quote is attributed to, I'm sure someone will be along to remind me..)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I have a lot to say about the subject of forgiveness, including the divine kind which I consider to be more of a gift to the other person. (It's not as though God can be injured, and people ask him for forgiveness all the time.) I accept apologies easily, and heaven knows I've done my share of apologizing in the past. I would be a hypocrite if I didn't at least accept someone else's remorse.

edit on 26-4-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow I was about to write a thread about this! I rode in to ATS on a super high horse on purpose in order to get more grounded. It's happening. Slowly. That's why I always value criticism.
edit on 26-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yes,how right you are.Everyone has flaws.

So,i can let the fact that i cuss and smoke,and whatever bad points,decide for me that:

1)I have flaws so it would be hypocrisy to sign a petition against the rape of women in India/abused dogs/the genocide of the white farmers in South Africa,etc,etc...

2)I'm a piece of feces...but with my signature,i might just make at least a small difference,maybe a big one-either way,it costs me 27seconds out of my useless day to click on a petition site-so yeah wth not?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Know it all's who may know about one subject well yet think they know about every subject better than anyone. Even though I haven't been here long enough to know if there are any of those people here. I've seen many elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I am much too important to dignify this OP with a response.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

I am much too important to dignify this OP with a response.

Good day.

And yet here you are responding! Good job not responding!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

If you condoned rape, which I do not think you do. Most of what I was saying points the hypocrisy of those that talk out of the side of their mouth one way and then go behind the scenes and do something else entirely. Like a preacher who talks openly about the life style of gay people and then goes back behind the curtain and becomes a pedophile abusing his altar boy!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cealla

Know it all's who may know about one subject well yet think they know about every subject better than anyone. Even though I haven't been here long enough to know if there are any of those people here. I've seen many elsewhere.

They are absolutely here too. No doubt, but being a know it all is not nearly as bad as being a complete hypocrite and pretending to be something you are not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

College Grad - Does going thousands of dollars into debt make you feel any smarter? (No, I feel quite the opposite, as that little piece of paper isn't allowing me to earn more than I spent getting it).

Did you take out a student loan and default on it?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrJohnSmith

Larger than the " Wooden Whores ( Sorry, Horse. ) of Troy ", If I think my cause is just.

That is pretty freaking high btw, do you openly condone behavior you yourself would not partake in?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Everyone might be on the list at one time or another...

Which one applies to you?

Peace

You tell me first which one applies to you, my stance is obvious from the OP!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EllaMarina

We are far from perfect specimens, however, poor behavior does not make us hypocrites unless the behavior we are in fact demonstrating is one that we have publicly stated outwardly that we find repulsive.

You can not be a politician and cry about taxes and then turn around and support raising them. Stuff like that. Pretend you care about homeless people and walk right by them and ignore them. Police officers that protect and serve then go home and beat their wives.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Wow I was about to write a thread about this! I rode in to ATS on a super high horse on purpose in order to get more grounded. It's happening. Slowly. That's why I always value criticism.

Well you can add to this thread with something of value since you stopped by to infer your intent to write such a thread. Perhaps that horse is way to high for you to climb down and reach the keyboard!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The horse I rode in on is 17.1 hh
She is a bay cross of TB/Rhinelander/Percheron mix with only one white sock that covers up her entire cannon. She is a prospect jumper and could easily win class A and Grand Prix shows with a better rider (I was much better as a teenager)

Otherwise my proverbial horse is getting lower and lower every day mostly because I realize and am not afraid to point out my own hypocrisy. I'm full of it. I know it. The difference is I am making efforts to correct my errors and be a better human being.

So that's my horse OP...I'll back up the previous question since you need us to answer first

how high is your horse?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join